Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 17 Dec 2017, 15:26 (Ref:3787660)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
SPA SUMMER CLASSIC

2nd of the 3 big annual Spa historic meetings we are now fortunate to have.

Includes CSCC

Morgan Challenge

Spa '3hrs'.

Spa ‘1hr’. (‘Barrie’s Race’, moved from September)
Old 7 Feb 2018, 10:54 (Ref:3799279)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The "Barry S-S" 1 hour race has been moved from the 6hrs Meeting to this one.
Old 7 Feb 2018, 10:59 (Ref:3799281)   #3
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Also.....

CSCC, Crossle and Morgan Challenge cars will race in the Ardennes Challenge double header, rather than in stand alone races. 2 x 40 minute with pit stop, 30 min qualifying.
Old 7 Feb 2018, 13:30 (Ref:3799323)   #4
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Also.....

CSCC, Crossle and Morgan Challenge cars will race in the Ardennes Challenge double header, rather than in stand alone races. 2 x 40 minute with pit stop, 30 min qualifying.
Mike, CSCC always had "overspill cars and the Magnificent 7s" race in the Ardennes Challenge. Are you sure they no longer have the separate races for "Swinging Sixties/ Classic K" and the "Inter-Series" race for all the "Tin Tops, Future Classics, Modern Classics" etc?

I have not heard that from the club.
Old 7 Feb 2018, 14:22 (Ref:3799328)   #5
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
That suggestion came via Morgan SCC, but I may have got the wrong end of the stick! It could be, as you say, that they have their own race(s), but a fall back that if not enough entries they go into the Ardennes double header. (I know the MSCC are conscious of needing to break even on costs) If you get confirmation via CSCC, please post a correction!
Old 7 Feb 2018, 14:38 (Ref:3799330)   #6
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
That suggestion came via Morgan SCC, but I may have got the wrong end of the stick! It could be, as you say, that they have their own race(s), but a fall back that if not enough entries they go into the Ardennes double header. (I know the MSCC are conscious of needing to break even on costs) If you get confirmation via CSCC, please post a correction!
Will do, Mike. CSCC have usually taken over 100 cars so cant believe there wont be enough for their own 2 grids!
Old 7 Feb 2018, 15:54 (Ref:3799339)   #7
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Will do, Mike. CSCC have usually taken over 100 cars so cant believe there wont be enough for their own 2 grids!
Quite, and thanks. A lot less Mogs made the trip two years ago, and the circuit costs have gone up a lot since then........
Old 7 Feb 2018, 17:13 (Ref:3799355)   #8
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
I reckon CSCC must have (some of) their own races as having read the regs I see that Caterhams are not allowed in either Ardennes Challenge or BS-S 1 hour races.
Old 7 Feb 2018, 17:19 (Ref:3799360)   #9
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
I reckon CSCC must have (some of) their own races as having read the regs I see that Caterhams are not allowed in either Ardennes Challenge or BS-S 1 hour races.
Makes sense. I think the slightly ambiguous wording of the email received and what I was told by Morgan people has led to me reaching the wrong conclusion.... hopefully we'll know for sure before too long!
Old 7 Feb 2018, 17:52 (Ref:3799365)   #10
eamonn ledwidge
Racer

Ireland
Fyfield, Essex, UK
eamonn ledwidge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Makes sense. I think the slightly ambiguous wording of the email received and what I was told by Morgan people has led to me reaching the wrong conclusion.... hopefully we'll know for sure before too long!
Highlight of the year 2018 : no Caterham in the Spa Ardennes Challenge race, which now has it's own website:http://spaardenneschallenge.com
Old 12 Jun 2018, 22:01 (Ref:3828747)   #11
eamonn ledwidge
Racer

Ireland
Fyfield, Essex, UK
Final preparations are underway for the Crosslé Racing Drivers’ Club annual outing to the Spa Summer Classic meeting on June 22, 23 and 24 at Spa Fracorchamps circuit.

This year CRDC will bring a total of twelve cars, ten Crosslé 9S Sports racers from UK, Ireland, Germany and Switzerland, and two Belgian owned Chevron B8s joining as guests of the group. The B8s will greatly add to our enjoyment of the races as lap times for these cars are quite similar to ours. Our drivers are very keen and there has been ‘secret’ testing recently!.

As always, we are in the Spa Ardennes Challenge with 30 mins qualifying and 2 x 40 mins races. Located in Endurance boxes 24 to 31 inclusive, visitors are most welcome, so please pop along to find us.
Old 19 Jun 2018, 05:32 (Ref:3831797)   #12
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Just let your drivers know they’ll be sharing track space with one relatively slow Morgan, Eamonn!

The Morgan Challenge is incorporated in the Ardennes Challenge, and the meeting must offer the best value Historic racing at Spa. I’m loaded with three Mogs, including my own 1959 +4 (not raced for several years, and still on same tyres!) and very much looking forward to the weekend. Compared with the Spring Classic and 6hr weekend, the meeting has a much more ‘clubby’ and social atmosphere.

Just need the weather to play ball. Now suggested to be cool and dry on weekend- but as we know, that could all change......
Old 19 Jun 2018, 07:05 (Ref:3831810)   #13
eamonn ledwidge
Racer

Ireland
Fyfield, Essex, UK
Mike

A super grid for the Spa Ardennes Challenge and I look forward to seeing you there. But, even a slow Morgan can sometimes become quite 'wide' as one comes up to pass!.
Old 19 Jun 2018, 09:46 (Ref:3831839)   #14
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mike, are you referring to the driver of the 'Pretty Red Car' who has been seeking advice on how to go faster on another forum or simply being modest?
Old 19 Jun 2018, 11:13 (Ref:3831857)   #15
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Certainly not referring to anyone other than myself!

Looking down the entry list, an FIA spec +4 on 5 year old Dunlop Ls is potentially the slowest car on the grid. Mind you, the Dunlops were made in the UK, so probably superior to the European made ones we now have to suffer. At least they are round and same diameter.....
Old 19 Jun 2018, 12:11 (Ref:3831862)   #16
eamonn ledwidge
Racer

Ireland
Fyfield, Essex, UK
'At least they WERE round and same diameter.....'
Old 19 Jun 2018, 13:47 (Ref:3831892)   #17
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mike or anybody! I have been asked to write a
report on the Morgan race for a Monday deadline, would anyone be able to let me have some detail over the phone or e.mail asap Monday morn?
A result sheet would be most welcome if TSL are not on the ball.

Thanks in advance,

Bob.
Old 19 Jun 2018, 16:15 (Ref:3831914)   #18
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Mike or anybody! I have been asked to write a
report on the Morgan race for a Monday deadline, would anyone be able to let me have some detail over the phone or e.mail asap Monday morn?
A result sheet would be most welcome if TSL are not on the ball.

Thanks in advance,

Bob.
Results and live timing will be on alkamel timing, Bob. There are two races, one each day, so will have to see what we can come up with......
Old 19 Jun 2018, 18:14 (Ref:3831937)   #19
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Results and live timing will be on alkamel timing, Bob. There are two races, one each day, so will have to see what we can come up with......
Thanks Mike, however, I have been given aa reprieve on the deadline OK until the 1st July.

Phew!
Old 19 Jun 2018, 21:05 (Ref:3831974)   #20
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't R.I.S. normally do the timing at the Summer Classic ?
Old 20 Jun 2018, 04:55 (Ref:3832011)   #21
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCCheddaris View Post
Don't R.I.S. normally do the timing at the Summer Classic ?
You may be right! We’ll find out in a day or two....
Old 20 Jun 2018, 09:32 (Ref:3832054)   #22
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Thanks Mike, however, I have been given aa reprieve on the deadline OK until the 1st July.

Phew!

Bob, I hope you have pointed out the need to visit the event, given any sort of deadline, and that under the circumstances you would need a travelling assistant and perhaps a photographer (Spa is a big place and you cannot be everywhere) thus justifying a private jet for travelling and perhaps a limo with competent driver for getting around the paddock and circuit environs.

You know it would make sense for the content, quality and speed of production of the content demanded by the client.
Old 20 Jun 2018, 10:19 (Ref:3832064)   #23
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The official web site for the Event has a "Results" tag that points here:

http://spasummerclassic.alkamelsystems.com/
Old 20 Jun 2018, 11:01 (Ref:3832069)   #24
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Bob, I hope you have pointed out the need to visit the event, given any sort of deadline, and that under the circumstances you would need a travelling assistant and perhaps a photographer (Spa is a big place and you cannot be everywhere) thus justifying a private jet for travelling and perhaps a limo with competent driver for getting around the paddock and circuit environs.

You know it would make sense for the content, quality and speed of production of the content demanded by the client.
Grant thank you for your most helpful advice, it sounds like an ideal solution to all of my problems, therefore I have forwarded you idea to the Editor, and await his reply ……………. I'm sure he will authorise the budget
Old 20 Jun 2018, 11:27 (Ref:3832074)   #25
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Well, it’s scorchio at the circuit at the moment, rain forecast for tomorrow and cold after that. Where’s the snow?