Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 21 May 2018, 10:38 (Ref:3823726)   #136
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 has a real shot at the championship!BertMk2 has a real shot at the championship!BertMk2 has a real shot at the championship!BertMk2 has a real shot at the championship!BertMk2 has a real shot at the championship!
Well Portugal was pretty brutal! Lots of cars retiring with damage as the stages looked to be very rough. Neuville took the win from Evans and Suninen - Neuville now top of the drivers championship and Hyundai on top in the manufacturers standings. Another massive off for Kris Meeke - looking at the state of the car they were lucky to get out of that uninjured - testament to the strength of the car.
Old 21 May 2018, 11:31 (Ref:3823743)   #137
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Another massive off for Kris Meeke - looking at the state of the car they were lucky to get out of that uninjured - testament to the strength of the car.
I saw the pictures of the wrecked car before I saw the video. I was actually surprised by the video of the crash as, based on the state of the car, I thought it was going to be a much faster crash.

As you say though, very lucky escape for Meeke. Unlucky weekend for Ogier, I was hoping that Neuville would be able to narrow the point gap down to keep the Championship close, but he has now shot ahead. Hopefully that means we will see Ogier at 100% at the next couple of rallies.
Old 21 May 2018, 15:53 (Ref:3823777)   #138
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!
Yes, one biggie that tends to happen in rallying. Bit unlucky where Meeke went off. Not really having his best season. But Ogier out blows it wide open, as Neuville now looks on top form again. We’ll see how Ogier responds