Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 5 May 2012, 09:25 (Ref:3069626)   #26
LYNX
Veteran

England
Hampshire
LYNX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Live timing

Is there live timing at Pau this wekend if so could someone provide a link please
Old 5 May 2012, 13:34 (Ref:3069813)   #27
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodysnatcher View Post
Went to Pau by TGV last year - Lourdes being the final stop on the line.
So if you can get into town, Lourdes to Pau by train is easy enough
1/2 an hour or so, less than a tenner each way. TGV might be a Euro or 3 more than the regular trains & saves only a couple of minutes.
Quick search shows bus into Lourdes 2€, takes 15 mins
Sure you can figure it out - http://www.tlp.aeroport.fr/medias/fi...ires_gaves.pdf
Would the same principles apply if I flew to the closest airport to Angouleme that Ryanair goes to?
Thanks.
Old 5 May 2012, 14:20 (Ref:3069832)   #28
Hubble
Veteran

England
Bishops Stortford, Herts
Hubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by retrognome View Post
I'm flying into Lourdes airport, 50kms from Pau, does anyone happen to know, is there a train/bus connection, otherwise it's a damn long walk!
Could you not have flown direct to Pau airport? Would seem to be an easier option...I flew there when I went out to shoot the Pau F3 GP weekend in 2006....nice airport, not too far from the town centre....

Very picturesque circuit - a photographers dream IMHO - I just hope you're fit! Don't know how many laps I did of the circuit over the 4 days I was there...long days too! Best shots were early on the Friday evening as the sun was going down...

Can highly recommend the magret de canard au peche at Taverne De Maitre Kanter....
Old 5 May 2012, 14:44 (Ref:3069850)   #29
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMD View Post
Would the same principles apply if I flew to the closest airport to Angouleme that Ryanair goes to?
Thanks.

Short answer - yes
Long answer by PM to you, this is not a travel agency thread and might be best in trackside.
Old 5 May 2012, 14:55 (Ref:3069854)   #30
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LYNX View Post
Is there live timing at Pau this wekend if so could someone provide a link please
Here you go. They are even covering qualifying.

Red Button over on the right for the Live timing.

http://gppau.alkamelsystems.com/
Old 5 May 2012, 18:53 (Ref:3069974)   #31
LYNX
Veteran

England
Hampshire
LYNX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Many thanks!
Old 6 May 2012, 23:15 (Ref:3070445)   #32
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looking at the results of this there seem to be some tales to tell.

A repeat of last year in both Mini races but the first was stopped after 3 laps and half the field failed to start the second race. All French drivers I noticed.

One of the other races also seemed to have a lot of attrition in terms of half the entries not starting the second race.

I wonder if people went home to vote?
Old 8 May 2012, 18:56 (Ref:3071362)   #33
retrognome
Racer

retrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had a great weekend although sad to see some of the Mini boys set on course of self destruction. I have posted report but still deciding on final gallery.
Attached Thumbnails
Antoine Blasco and Daniel Gaggiano 1957 Osca.jpg   Ferrari 250 Berlinetta of Christain Dumoun and Christophe Van Rjet.jpg   The Porsche 356C of Jesus Fuster sideways through Virage Gare.jpg  

Pau street circuit par excellence.jpg  

Last edited by retrognome; 8 May 2012 at 19:03. Reason: image sizes