Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > Champ/Indy - Fantasy League/Predictions Contest

Old 4 Apr 2006, 05:22 (Ref:1569736)   #1
Omega99
Veteran

Canada
9Henday
Omega99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2006 Fantasy Racing Series - OPEN FOR ENTRIES

The 2006 season of the Fantasy Racing Series is open for entries. (Unless there are major objections to the rules outlined below. I’m sorry it took me this long to get this done but I’ve been swamped and just noticed that we have less than a week to get this rolling. My fault.)

I’ve read over the suggestions thread and taken what I believe to be the set of rules that will work the best for everyone.

You must select three drivers from the list below whose salaries must be equal or less than the cap of $5 million per team:

$2.3 million – Sebastien Bourdais
$2.1 million – Paul Tracy
$2.0 million – Justin Wilson
$1.9 million – Bruno Junqueira
$1.8 million – A.J. Allmendinger
$1.7 million – Oriol Servia
$1.6 million – Mario Dominguez
$1.6 million – Alex Tagliani
$1.2 million – Cristiano da Matta
$1.1 million – Jimmy Vasser
$0.9 million – Nelson Philippe
$0.8 million – Will Power
$0.7 million – Antonio Pizzonia
$0.6 million – Andrew Ranger
$0.6 million – Charles Zswolman
$0.5 million – Nicky Pastorelli/Jan Haylen (whoever Coyne hires for Long Beach)
$0.5 million – Dan Clarke
$0.5 million – Katherine Legge

(NOTE: These salaries are arbitrary and are based on past results, experience, and just my general guess about how they’re going to do this year.)

The team that you select can be changed at any time, as long as you abide by the $5 million salary cap. It is therefore possible to enter a different team at each race if you want. Also, if your driver is replaced, injured, or for whatever reason doesn’t race, it is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ANNOUNCE YOUR SUBSTITUTE. The deadline for changes is the start of 1st practice at any given event. If you do not announce your change before this deadline, your driver will score no points. (Point structure is outlined below). If in the unlikely event your driver is replaced mid-event, (ie. Due to injury/illness) the replacement driver will score in their place.

It is not necessary to announce anything if you will not be making any changes. It will be assumed that your team from the last race will carry over to the next.

NO DUPLICATE TEAMS ARE PERMITTED. Driver combinations will be awarded on a first come first serve basis. (Whoever posts first gets the team). There are plenty of strong combinations possible under the cap so I don’t think this should cause a problem.

Drivers will score points based on their finishing position and the current champ car point structure.

1st = 30
2nd = 27
3rd = 25
4th = 23
5th = 21
6th = 19
7th = 17
8th = 15
9th = 13
10th = 11
11th = 10
12th = 9
13th = 8
14th = 7
15th = 6
16th = 5
17th = 4
18th = 3
19th = 2
20th = 1
+20th = 0

From this your team’s total points is equal to the sum of your three driver’s points. (1 bonus point will also be awarded for provisional pole/pole positions)

Example: If your drivers finish 2nd, 5th, and 15th you get 27 + 21 + 6 = 54 points

Once all of the total points for all f the teams have been determined they will be ranked from highest to lowest. Any ties will be broken by the highest finishing driver on each team. (ie, Team A has a 2nd place which beats Team B which has a 3rd place). Once the ranking is complete, the actual fantasy championship points for the event will be awarded once again based on the new points structure. The first place team gets 31, second gets 27, etc. Teams that finish outside the top 20 score no points for an event.

(Hopefully this points system will help tighten up the championship battle and prevent the enormous gaps of the past system from opening up)

And there’s one more way to score points: Qualifying. Each driver’s best lap time in a qualifying session will be recorded. Each team will then have the lap times of their driver’s added up and the lowest total will score a fantasy championship point for provisional pole or pole position. If a team has forgotten to replace a driver for a weekend and is running only two drivers, they will be given a time of 10 minutes for their absent driver (ie, they will not be qualifying well )

Is that clear enough? If not read it again, then ask any questions you still may have.

ENTRY FOR LONG BEACH CLOSES AT THE START OF FRIDAY PRACTICE ON APRIL 7th.

Good Luck to all!
Old 4 Apr 2006, 06:56 (Ref:1569777)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
PINNACLE MOTORSPORT ANNOUNCE THEIR LINE UP FOR 2006

$1.8 million – A.J. Allmendinger
$0.8 million – Will Power
$0.7 million – Antonio Pizzonia
= $3.3 Million Can I have Change please
Old 4 Apr 2006, 11:52 (Ref:1570023)   #3
drewdawg727
Veteran

United States
New York
drewdawg727 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddrewdawg727 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The only thing i don't agree with in this year's championship is the fact that teams can be changed every race...that seems a little shaky right there...

But in any event...
NYM Racing announces:

Sebastien Bourdais
Paul Tracy
Andrew Ranger
for a total of $5 Million

Good luck to us this year!!!
Old 4 Apr 2006, 12:24 (Ref:1570058)   #4
Tenoch
Veteran

United States
Another Michigan Town
Tenoch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Crunkalicious Viva Mexico Racing

1st. Paul Tracy
2nd. Mario Dominguez
3rd. Nelson Philippe

4.6 million
Old 4 Apr 2006, 13:25 (Ref:1570126)   #5
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CROOKS MOTORSPORT 06

Nelson Phillipe $0.9M
AJ Allmendinger $1.8M
Bruno Junqueira $1.9M

IMO The cap should be $3M and you can have however many cars you want under that Would make things a little more challenging I think.

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 4 Apr 2006, 13:45 (Ref:1570150)   #6
stmookeyj033
Veteran

stmookeyj033 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ANDREW DENMAN RACING
OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE

Andrew Denman Racing is proud to announce Will POWER, Justin WILSON and Alex TAGLIANI as the 3 drivers to drive our unlimited supply of Lolas for this season.

Mick Jeffrey
Owner/Co-Founder
Andrew Denman Racing
Old 4 Apr 2006, 14:08 (Ref:1570169)   #7
mp356a
Veteran

United States
SE PA USA
mp356a should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team Effort's line-up for '06

2.0 Justin Wilson
1.7 Oriol Servia
1.2 Cristiano da Matta
Old 4 Apr 2006, 15:21 (Ref:1570582)   #8
mandretti39
Veteran

Lithuania
Clay, NY USA
mandretti39 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmandretti39 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Underwood Racing Enterprises would like to annouce its 2006 lineup:

Paul Tracy
Jimmy Vasser
Katherine Legge

We hope the team performs well and is in contention for the title.
Old 4 Apr 2006, 20:25 (Ref:1570836)   #9
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Nomad Racing (formerly Maple City Racing) has enlisted:

Sebastien Bourdais
A.J. Allmendinger
Nelson Philippe
Old 4 Apr 2006, 20:37 (Ref:1570848)   #10
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Champcar World Series "News Just In"

Team DBK Knowlesy Racing (snappy nomenclature!) is delighted to announce the signing of three drivers sure to catch the eye in 2006.

Justin Wilson (Race winner)
Sebastien Bourdais (Double champion)
Dan Clarke (New to the series)

The signing of two of the best drivers in the series, including the reigning champion, and a promising rookie is something of a coup for this new team and eyebrows have been raised. Team manager David Knowles denied cynical rumours of funding from the recent bank robberies in England.

The drivers have all expressed their delight at their choice of team, despite the fact nobody has got round to asking them yet.
Old 4 Apr 2006, 20:37 (Ref:1570849)   #11
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Team Eurosport

Justin Wilson
Cristiano da Matta
Will Power
Old 4 Apr 2006, 23:03 (Ref:1570969)   #12
GBoehm
Racer

United States
San Ramon, CA
GBoehm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Boehm Racing Press Release:

Our drivers for the upcoming season wil be:

Oriol Servia Returning for the seconed year, Antonio Pizzonia will be our teams Rookie, and Justin Wilso will be returning for our team.

4.4 million
Old 5 Apr 2006, 01:22 (Ref:1571023)   #13
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
PINEAPPLE RACING RETURNS TO CHAMP CAR

Pineapple Racing is proud to announce its return to the Bridgestone Presents the Champ Car World Series Powered by Ford.

Team owner mac today announced a three car effort supported by long-time backers Golden Circle, in conjunction with QANTAS, Serengetti Eyewear, Puma and Blue Tongue Beer.

"This is the strongest line-up we have ever had," said mac.

"Obviously we are disappointed that Craig Gore stole our green and yellow "pineapple" livery, but we've come up with a much classier look this year."

Pineapple Racing will run a combination of experience and youth for its three cars:

#1 - Sebastien Bourdais (FRA)
#3 - Oriol Servia (CAT)
#7 - Will Power (AUS)

mac was forthright about his choice of drivers.

"Look, whenever we've entered Champ Car in the past, I have gone with characters and sentimental favourites - and look how well that theory has gone for us!" said mac, referring to the team's failure to EVER win a race or come within the top half of the championship.

"This is where Bourdais comes in. I don't like him much, and under our old practices I would not have hired him - but we need results, and he is the fast frog that will get them for us, as much as I would have preferred Tagliani."

"As for his lack of character, we have had it written into his contract that he will sit in the corner and not speak at the track and at the workshop - he is to communicate only by hand gestures."

"Oriol is a known quantity to this team. He has been involved here for a long time. He is just great comic value for us - he could be slow as a tree, but he's a funny guy so we would hire him anyway. And we were able to work a deal around his Running of the Bulls campaign later this year."

"As for Will, we have been trying to include an Australian in our team for a long time and Will is fast as well - we are confident that we have the willpower - get it? - for the 2006 season."

Pineapple Racing's 2006 season kicks off at the Long Beach GP this weekend.

Pineapple Racing
Old 5 Apr 2006, 14:10 (Ref:1571441)   #14
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sqadra Eccosse Racing

Bourdais no.12
Willson no.14
Legge no.28

Livery coming soon for Bourdais, Wilson and legge will drive the car shown in my profile, Click on my avatar to have a look!
Old 5 Apr 2006, 17:39 (Ref:1571569)   #15
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hazard Sport Europe announces it's season line-up

1. Paul Tracy
2. Oriol Servia
3. Will Power
Old 6 Apr 2006, 09:53 (Ref:1572058)   #16
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Team Prodrive

1:Sebastian Bourdais
2:Justin Wilson
3:Antonio Pizzonia
Old 6 Apr 2006, 20:52 (Ref:1572585)   #17
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
icemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridicemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team Smersh is proud to announce its return for a third season to Champ Car FRL.
Driving for the Team this year will be
– Paul Tracy
– Oriol Servia
– Katherine Legge
with a total salary budget of $4.3 million.

Team Smersh would like to thank Magna Powertrain, Home Hardware and Brick Breweries for their support of this race season
Old 7 Apr 2006, 07:21 (Ref:1572845)   #18
woodbine
Veteran

Australia
Peterborough
woodbine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Club 27 Racing Press Release

Fresh from their success in the V8 Fantasy Championship, Club 27 Racing is proud to announce their Champ Car world Series debut. Driving for the team will be:

Sebastien Bourdais
Justin Wilson
Andrew Ranger
Old 7 Apr 2006, 11:49 (Ref:1573023)   #19
Muzza
Veteran

Brazil
Newbury Park, CA, United States
Muzza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bellof Rennsport proudcly announces its line-up for the 2006 Champ Car season:

- Sébastien Bourdais, car number 37;
- Justin Wilson, car number 38;
- Antônio Pizzonia, car number 39.

The team's budget is 5 MUSD (drivers' salary only, my earnings not included )

Cheers,

Muzza
Old 7 Apr 2006, 15:18 (Ref:1573216)   #20
Muzza
Veteran

Brazil
Newbury Park, CA, United States
Muzza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having registered my team, I would like to second dredawg727's complain about the fact that the teams can change line-up in between races.

Sincerely I cannot understand this and I believe it is detrimental to the concept of a championship - if teams can be changed from one event to the next this is not a championship, but a collection of races instead.

My criticism is meant to be constructive.
Old 7 Apr 2006, 18:06 (Ref:1573323)   #21
Omega99
Veteran

Canada
9Henday
Has first practice started? I hope not.... I'd feel pretty dumb...

Omega Motorsports

1. Sebastien Bourdais
2. Bruno Junqeira
3. Will Power
Old 7 Apr 2006, 18:23 (Ref:1573335)   #22
Omega99
Veteran

Canada
9Henday
In regards to the complaint, I think I should explian why I made this a rule. It's really more of an option than a rule.

It's difficult for me to keep on top of changes in the actual race teams driver lineups. For example, Pizzonia has a one race contract and Vasser and Ranger are only doing certain events as of now. In the past substitute drivers have been allowed in the fantasy championship. It's real difficult to chase people around to get their substitute drivers when these changes occur so I either have to inform everyone, or no one. So this new rule makers it the responsibility on the team owner to make their changes.

Also in the past there've been huge gaps developing in the championship ponts very early in the season and I think a lot of people lost interest when they started doing poorly. This way you can change your team in an attempt to fight back in the points. Real CC teams change their lineups during the season so I don' think this is unrealistic at all

This rule really is intended to maintain interst and make it more competitive.

Perhaps as a compromise we should limit a team to 2 changes during the season where they can change as many of their drivers as they like. They can use either of their changes whenever they want. Of course, we'd have to say that if a driver is injured or loses their ride you can chose your substitute and it doesn't count towards this 2 changes rule. And to make it fair to the teams that have already been submitted on the basis of the original rules, this new ammendment won't take effect until first practice at Houston. That measn you can make all the changes you wnat until then, and only 2 changes after that. Once again, making changes is optional.

What does everyone think? I'd like to hear more input and suggestions. I really want everyone to enjoy participating because we have much smaller numbers so far this year than in the past.
Old 7 Apr 2006, 18:26 (Ref:1573337)   #23
Omega99
Veteran

Canada
9Henday
Ok, it looks like I missed the deadline for entry.... Farily embarassing. So anyone who enters a team from my post onwards won't score for Long Beach. But entries are still open and catching up is definitely possible with the new points structure.

so JOIN NOW!!!!!
Old 7 Apr 2006, 20:11 (Ref:1573409)   #24
mp356a
Veteran

United States
SE PA USA
mp356a should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team Effort will be happy to sign this new "limited change" agreement amendment. Of course we have every confidence in our current line-up (unless Manning becomes available) and expect others to invoke this change in order to catch-up.
Old 9 Apr 2006, 12:15 (Ref:1574517)   #25
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bourdais livery