Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 20 Feb 2003, 13:25 (Ref:512374)   #1
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Irish Festival - Anglesey Circuit

There is an Irish Festival being held at Anglesey Circuit in May. This is being run by the Leinster MC under the jurisdiction of the Jaguar CC, as the LMC are not an MSA recognised club.It looks like a stonking meeting and I wanted to volunteer to Marshal. I'm not sure who to speak to. I have emailed the LMC but have had no reply. Anyone on that side of the pond able to help? E.P.?
Old 20 Feb 2003, 16:02 (Ref:512456)   #2
JR Ewing
Veteran

JR Ewing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What cars are racing?
Old 20 Feb 2003, 16:16 (Ref:512469)   #3
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Hi obs - no Chief has been announced for this yet and I don't believe the date is 100% confirmed but if you wish to attend my dear I don't think that will be a problem!

I'm not sure whether the marshalling is going to be run Irish style or UK style. If it's Irish style, you'll be going back to your roots and actually having to touch cars - we don't have observers!

LMC are mainly concentrating on getting the season started - particularly with the BTCC being so early this year, so don't be offended you didn't hear back yet - I know they're swamped!

If you email me with your details to comms@mrmci.com, I'll put you on the emailing list and then you'll be kept updated as new info comes out. Also, keep an eye on the MRMCI website as new info goes up there too - www.mrmci.com As soon as we have more information, there will be an online sign on form for the event.

I don't know yet what's on the programme - but the regular Irish classes would be Dunlop Supercars (the class formerly known as RT2000!), Fiats (Uno, Punto and Arbarth), Historics, Vees and Formula Irelands.

Which classes and how many of each will be attending, I honestly don't know.

Hope this helps!
Old 20 Feb 2003, 16:20 (Ref:512475)   #4
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks EP, I guessed I could rely on you!
I know about "Hands-on" I do Angelsey regularly and don't mind in the slightest- that's the way it should be. I believe too that we have met at Anglesey last year....didn't you get the Hairpin with the I.O. you christened "Roadrunner"?
Old 20 Feb 2003, 16:44 (Ref:512504)   #5
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Um I did 2 Anglesey meets last year if memory serves - 1 BRDA rallyX and 1 BRSCC meet - I was my own IO at the BRDA and my IO at the BRSCC wasn't a road runner that I remember? I did have a problem with the post I was on but it wasn't roadrunning!
Old 20 Feb 2003, 16:59 (Ref:512514)   #6
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I do remember talking to someone of Irish accent and she was femail, so I think it was you! I don't know many Irish Folks........in fact I don't know ANY Irish folks!!
Old 20 Feb 2003, 17:09 (Ref:512519)   #7
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
LOL - probably me then!
Old 20 Feb 2003, 17:22 (Ref:512535)   #8
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by observer
Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I do remember talking to someone of Irish accent and she was femail, so I think it was you!
Yes, it was EP!
Old 20 Feb 2003, 17:24 (Ref:512538)   #9
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Dave, I don't remember you being stood by me!
Perhaps I didn't see you - I am an Observer after all!
Old 20 Feb 2003, 17:27 (Ref:512542)   #10
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
*snigger* Dave could be wrong obs - you know how senile he is......
Old 20 Feb 2003, 17:28 (Ref:512544)   #11
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
This is very simple - go to http://www.marshalspost.com/gallery/6.html

If you see anyone you recognise, then it's probably the one!
Old 20 Feb 2003, 17:35 (Ref:512557)   #12
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by observer
Dave, I don't remember you being stood by me!
Perhaps I didn't see you - I am an Observer after all!
I was there - at Radar, remember? Kaybee & Keith Kehoe (sp?) were flagging, on incident you had me & the Brush Brothers on Saturday, me & Dave Jordan on Sunday.

No, I haven't got a marvellous memory....I asked Kaybee!
Old 20 Feb 2003, 17:36 (Ref:512559)   #13
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by EvilPumpkin
*snigger* Dave could be wrong obs - you know how senile he is......
Old 20 Feb 2003, 17:40 (Ref:512564)   #14
sss
Veteran

England
life is to short, dance naked
sss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Dave could be wrong
is that dave brand or dave stewart?
Old 20 Feb 2003, 19:27 (Ref:512642)   #15
2CV Racer
Racer

2CV Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was at the LMC event last year. Pretty much all the marshals were imorted from Ireland bar a few locals. The event is run as an Irish one, facilitated by the Jaguar Club for licencing reasons.

Much fun was had by all who attended and I'm looking forward to going back again. The racing was good (though not the weather!) and because of everyone wanting to get to their ferries on time the Sunday finished up at about 4pm.

I expect any volunteers from your side of the pond will be made feel most welcome. As EP says, we'll keep you up to date as info emerges.
Old 20 Feb 2003, 19:37 (Ref:512661)   #16
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by sss
is that dave brand or dave stewart?
Either.......or both!
Old 20 Feb 2003, 21:34 (Ref:512804)   #17
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
would this event be the one on 6th of April?
Old 20 Feb 2003, 21:43 (Ref:512822)   #18
KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
KayBee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by crazystu
would this event be the one on 6th of April?
No! The event on 6th of April is a Wirral 100 bike meeting which you would be very welcome to attend. The one I think they are referring to is on the weekend of 10/11 May. According to the provisional Anglesey calendar the meeting that weekend is being run by the Leinster club.

Old 20 Feb 2003, 21:54 (Ref:512835)   #19
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thx KB, but I don't do bikes!! But the 6th might yet be an option but I'd REALLY need to know that good breakfasts are available at the track as I would have to leave REAL early !!
Also, just what will be racing?
Old 21 Feb 2003, 08:36 (Ref:513190)   #20
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
If you want something to do on the 6th, we've a car meet at Mondello!
Old 23 Feb 2003, 20:31 (Ref:515257)   #21
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Anyone got any info on the meeting in May?