Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 1 Mar 2003, 08:06 (Ref:521191)   #1
rocket
Racer

rocket should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
holden chuck a wobbly

heard today that hrt/kmart/tb/hyl etc have been pulled back to the pack with a rulling that they can only run 2 cars at any test day, either 2 cars from one team or 1 car from 2 different teams this should negate any testing advantage they have & crettin chucked a big wobbly
about bloody time i say
Old 1 Mar 2003, 08:24 (Ref:521199)   #2
DarthFalcon
Racer

Australia
Yavin
DarthFalcon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aw, poor little HRT. Having to play by the rules might become a bit of a shock to the Empire, especially if TEGA won't let Holden own HRT...Interesting days ahead.

Last edited by DarthFalcon; 1 Mar 2003 at 08:28.
Old 1 Mar 2003, 08:37 (Ref:521204)   #3
xrystl
Racer

Pitcairn Islands
gold coast
xrystl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree , it's about time .
Further to the problems that they are having with the purchase of HRT etc , what are the restrictions on franchise ownership for one team ? the way I read the rules ( and providing they get approval to race ) wouldn't they be restricted to 1 x level 1 franchise and 1 x level 2 franchise ???????? , and I think everything is to "out in the open now" to do some quick duck shoving and pretend that all these teams aren't part of the same organization.
Old 1 Mar 2003, 09:57 (Ref:521224)   #4
Scott75
Veteran

Scott75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If HRT are cheating or not playing by the rules and at least they might have found a loop whole, then what's to stop Ford from doing the same thing. I wouldn't care and I don't think you Ford supporters would care either. If HRT are banned it would be a discrace and their would be alot of people leaving V8's and a lot of money being lost. I know a lot of you want this to happen and if it does and Ford wins the championship then it would be a very hollow victory. I'm sure Ambrose and the other Ford drivers would like to beat HRT more than anything.
Old 1 Mar 2003, 10:11 (Ref:521232)   #5
moffman
Veteran

moffman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Scott what the **** are you going on about? They're not going to ban HRT, just make them play by everyone elses rules
Old 1 Mar 2003, 10:29 (Ref:521251)   #6
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That is all everybody wants really. One rule for all not one rule for one.
Rules is rules.
Old 1 Mar 2003, 11:07 (Ref:521274)   #7
Scott75
Veteran

Moffman it seems to me that quite a few of you idiot Ford wingers want them out. HRT are not cheating and never will cheat. The other teams simply aren't doing as a good of a job as them. So it's about time all of you Ford supporters woke up to the fact that they are the best team going around. All of you keep making excuses for Ford, maybe that Ford have finally got a full factory team they might start winning more races. Or is it a Factory Team, I've heard that one before!
Old 1 Mar 2003, 11:12 (Ref:521281)   #8
moffman
Veteran

I have never said I wanted HRT out of the series.And I can't remember saying they weren't the best team in the series. Why is it most HRT supporters are mental defects?
Old 1 Mar 2003, 11:22 (Ref:521289)   #9
Scott75
Veteran

Very intellegant comment Moffman. Then if you don't want HRT out then why all the complaining about HRT winning and all the cheating comments. Seems like you a bit of a sore loser.
Old 1 Mar 2003, 11:34 (Ref:521296)   #10
toploader
Rookie

toploader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Scott scott scott, as per usual a Holden fan getting the truth mixed up with reality.Us Ford fans just want a level playing field.Like moffman said no ford fan would say they want HRT out because they are the ones to beat.Also if Crennin and Larry and the rest of the winging party cry after we win a few rounds just stop for a minute and look at the last 5 years.And also how you got our wishbone frontend, better heads.And what did we get?sweet FA...........
Old 1 Mar 2003, 11:43 (Ref:521309)   #11
Scott75
Veteran

I personally hope Ford do get back up the front and make it more interesting. I'm just getting sick and tired of people saying HRT are cheating when they are not. I will be p***ed off with Holden if they start to complain if the Fords start to get on top and winning consistantly. I realise that people are passionate about the teams and marques they support. I'm neither Holden or Ford, I'm just a big Skaife fan and love seeing him win, but I'd like to see someone really challenge him this year unlike last year. I'm just tired of the same HRT bashing that's all.
Old 1 Mar 2003, 11:44 (Ref:521311)   #12
moffman
Veteran

Ah Scott, where did I accuse HRT of cheating?You might want to check your facts before mouthing off.Is intelligent really that hard to spell?
Old 1 Mar 2003, 11:50 (Ref:521317)   #13
Scott75
Veteran

Moffman read my last comment and then you'll know what I mean, I'm sorry if I offended you but I'm getting very frustrated with the HRT bashing, maybe not from you but from others.
Old 1 Mar 2003, 20:31 (Ref:521629)   #14
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just read that Walkinshaw has gone bellyup and Holden have bought the teams they used to own which is a clear violation of the rules according to the paper yesterday.

Lets see how they get out of this one huh!
Old 2 Mar 2003, 05:54 (Ref:522091)   #15
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's hard to call exploiting a franchise loophole cheating but why can't Ford do the same?

A rule that says a manufacturer can't own a team is a bit flimsy- both manufacturers derive massive marketing from their racing activities so what difference does it make?

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 2 Mar 2003, 06:57 (Ref:522107)   #16
Morris 1100
Veteran

Morris 1100 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The way I see it is they are not breaking any rules until the racing starts (how can you penalise someone for what happens during the off season)

All Holden has to do is sell off the teams before the first race and all is sweet!

How much do you think they will sell a team to Brock and another to someone else?
Old 2 Mar 2003, 07:11 (Ref:522112)   #17
Dazz
Veteran

Dazz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that it is very unfortunate that Holden have been put in this position, by the failure of TWR's enterprises overseas.

I agree there shouldn't be one rule for one and one for another, and that some Ford fans might cry foul, but think about it for a second.

Holden did not plan this, and it is in no way going to make the teams any stronger or weaker simply becasue Holden now own them.

I can understand Ford fans wanting to crucify HRT at any cost, and seeing this as their chance, but really, is this the way you want to win races, by banning the team you fear most.

Is that fact that the team is owned, "on paper" by Holden or anyone else going to make that much difference to you? I'm sure there are plenty of ways to legally get around the situation anyway.

And this is coming from a motorsport fan, not a Holden fan, but there is nothing stopping any Ford teams from gathering information and sharing it amongst each other to gain the same advantage that HRT/K-Mart supposedly has by doing the same thing.

Anyway, I have been looking forward to what could be one of the best V8 Supercar seasons we have had ever, but so far, there have been nothing but constant complaints and whinging, and this is before any cars have turned as wheel in anger
Old 2 Mar 2003, 07:46 (Ref:522115)   #18
figjam
Rookie

figjam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can you explain why Holden had to buy TWRA.

Were expressions of interest called for the sale of TWRA and no one was interested? This is just a Holden race team, surely Holden could have suported another team if this one folded. Holden have pulled a swifty to protect their interests in both racing and HSV.

They will get away with it.
Old 2 Mar 2003, 08:32 (Ref:522129)   #19
pete55
Veteran

If what i read is correct, Holden made the receivers an offer that if sold to them they (the receivers) would be paid within 48hrs. Must have been an attractive option to the receivers.
Old 2 Mar 2003, 08:46 (Ref:522138)   #20
hearwegoagain
Rookie

hearwegoagain should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
holden has the ability to practise the Kmart franchise using the Faulkner practise days dont forget.So that would be one problem solved. Faulkners test track is Winton after all
Old 2 Mar 2003, 09:05 (Ref:522150)   #21
Pure GT
Racer

Pure GT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have pointed this out previously, but can you please try to spell "whinger" correctly. A winger is somebody at the end of a rugby leagur backline.
Old 2 Mar 2003, 09:05 (Ref:522151)   #22
Pure GT
Racer

I have pointed this out previously, but can you please try to spell "whinger" correctly. A winger is somebody at the end of a rugby league backline.
Old 2 Mar 2003, 09:11 (Ref:522155)   #23
pete55
Veteran

PureGT, old timers disease is when you've forgotten what you've just done. LMAO
Old 2 Mar 2003, 09:15 (Ref:522161)   #24
Pure GT
Racer

I think I have an extreme case, judging by my double post.
Old 2 Mar 2003, 09:24 (Ref:522169)   #25
pete55
Veteran

It gets all of us eventually