Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 13 Mar 2023, 14:48 (Ref:4146929)   #151
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
In hindsight, 2 tires was the way to go, but another late caution....how do they do it?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Fox are a little annoyed at people moaning about the ad breaks. They had a go at the keyboard warriors just before a break.
I might have missed it (I actually had the race for the entirety, but only paid mild attention to it), but it's atrocious. Must not be impacting the ratings much if they are willing to taking a stab at people actually wanting to watch nascar on their network.

And I'll say it again and again, three people in the booth is entirely too much. Clint can't wait to correct Danica, Mike Joy is still the biggest goober in broadcasting, if though I find him slightly endearing and Danica still feels a little out of place in nascar. Same with Chris Meyers.....

It's too much "Fox".
Old 14 Mar 2023, 11:11 (Ref:4147007)   #152
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
I was asleep during most of it. Woke up in time to see Willy B take off on a restart and then it ended.

Looks like Byron has had a coming of age with two on the bounce.
Old 14 Mar 2023, 11:18 (Ref:4147009)   #153
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Fox are a little annoyed at people moaning about the ad breaks. They had a go at the keyboard warriors just before a break.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I might have missed it
For the others who missed it (apparently I just missed the opening comments:
https://twitter.com/NickBromberg/sta...38190515163137

https://brobible.com/sports/article/...over-comments/

Wonder if he was pushed to say this or it just came out on his own.
Old 14 Mar 2023, 17:30 (Ref:4147055)   #154
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
How to endear your audience.
Old 14 Mar 2023, 23:24 (Ref:4147099)   #155
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The problem is there haven’t been enough yellow flags during the race
Old 15 Mar 2023, 16:14 (Ref:4147180)   #156
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Wow, NASCAR has well and truly kicked Hendrick ass over the hood louvres. All 4 teams 100 thousand fine, 100 point loss and bye bye crew chief for four weeks.

Guess the Hendrick teams are gonna struggle...
Old 15 Mar 2023, 21:53 (Ref:4147227)   #157
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Hamlin also got docked 25 points for admitting to trying to wreck Chastian.
Old 16 Mar 2023, 08:43 (Ref:4147255)   #158
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Hamlin always was an idiot.

He should have taken advice from Matt Kenseth. Or Cousin Carl. Or reached out to the spirit world and the Intimidator.
Old 18 Mar 2023, 22:40 (Ref:4148088)   #159
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not sure I've ever seen anything quite like what Josh Williams just did in the xfinity race

(For those not watching, he was told to park the car... so he did - at the start/finish line and then walked to the pits.)
Old 19 Mar 2023, 19:20 (Ref:4148339)   #160
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
I've been hearing loads of complaints of the new Atlanta layout. I'm putting in some rare Sunday work, but gonna give it a shot for background noise....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan View Post
Not sure I've ever seen anything quite like what Josh Williams just did in the xfinity race

(For those not watching, he was told to park the car... so he did - at the start/finish line and then walked to the pits.)
Saw that!
And he's got a great haircut, too!
Old 19 Mar 2023, 19:52 (Ref:4148342)   #161
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
I genuinely like Clint Boyer, but he talks way too much and thinks he's super witty; which he's not.
Old 19 Mar 2023, 20:10 (Ref:4148343)   #162
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Mrs. fieldodreams79 isn't having any of it. Warm fire and an afternoon is in the order for her.

This is pretty terrible. It's a plate race without the passing. Atlanta Motor Speedway has been ruined twice.
Old 19 Mar 2023, 20:32 (Ref:4148346)   #163
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I’m not watching. It’s all a bit IMSA for my liking.
Old 19 Mar 2023, 20:42 (Ref:4148347)   #164
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This race hasn't at all been what I was expecting and hoping for. The race last year had 46 lead changes. So far today we've seen a grand total of... 6.
Old 19 Mar 2023, 20:52 (Ref:4148349)   #165
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:

tool.
Old 19 Mar 2023, 21:25 (Ref:4148351)   #166
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
I’m not watching. It’s all a bit IMSA for my liking.
Right?!

Quote:
This race hasn't at all been what I was expecting and hoping for. The race last year had 46 lead changes. So far today we've seen a grand total of... 6.
I think it says something if you're not into it as I know you enjoy the plate tracks.

Think Larry Mac said something about an air damn earlier....whatever the issue, they need to fix it before next time. This is so bland and boring.
Old 19 Mar 2023, 22:16 (Ref:4148358)   #167
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Second half was a lot better. Shame about the finish.

Oh well, COTA is up next.
Old 19 Mar 2023, 23:10 (Ref:4148370)   #168
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Yeah, they wrecked Atlanta. A poor man's Talladega without any of the old Southern charm or high speed lunacy. I don't remember Atlanta before the previous configuration, but I always remember thinking the surface looked well rough and worn out.

COTA should be good; I am a Raikkonen fan boy so gonna be cheering Kimi on and have the onboard camera. Might just watch that all race, no FOX blah blah and have MRN for company to know what's going on outside the #91!
Old 20 Mar 2023, 00:49 (Ref:4148378)   #169
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Glad I missed the finish. F Sliced Douche.
Old 20 Mar 2023, 15:16 (Ref:4148484)   #170
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Yeah, they wrecked Atlanta. A poor man's Talladega without any of the old Southern charm or high speed lunacy. I don't remember Atlanta before the previous configuration, but I always remember thinking the surface looked well rough and worn out.

COTA should be good; I am a Raikkonen fan boy so gonna be cheering Kimi on and have the onboard camera. Might just watch that all race, no FOX blah blah and have MRN for company to know what's going on outside the #91!
I actually kinda love the new Atlanta, but for whatever reason the first half of yesterday's race was quite terrible. I enjoyed the pack racing during the second half a lot more.

And then it was all ruined on the last lap
Old 20 Mar 2023, 15:32 (Ref:4148487)   #171
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
I actually kinda love the new Atlanta, but for whatever reason the first half of yesterday's race was quite terrible. I enjoyed the pack racing during the second half a lot more.

And then it was all ruined on the last lap
If you like pack racing, which let's be honest, is generally fun until the inevitable happens, then the new Atlanta is for you; it's not for me. I'd have to look at the numbers but I'd be willing to bet the plate races are still the most popular amongst the fans.

That said, I'd be willing to bet after the Xfinity race, NASCAR and/or teams/drivers said that wasn't going to happen on Sunday, so everyone drove conservative in the first half. That sometimes happens at the plate tracks, too. No need to push early as you're one mistake not of your own doing of being out of the race.
Old 20 Mar 2023, 16:21 (Ref:4148498)   #172
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
If you like pack racing, which let's be honest, is generally fun until the inevitable happens, then the new Atlanta is for you; it's not for me. I'd have to look at the numbers but I'd be willing to bet the plate races are still the most popular amongst the fans.

That said, I'd be willing to bet after the Xfinity race, NASCAR and/or teams/drivers said that wasn't going to happen on Sunday, so everyone drove conservative in the first half. That sometimes happens at the plate tracks, too. No need to push early as you're one mistake not of your own doing of being out of the race.
To be honest I'd give up pack racing in a heartbeat if the aerodynamics allowed drivers to pass each other easier.

I mean, there was no pack racing in the 1984 Talladega 500 and that race featured no less than 68 lead changes among 16 drivers. NASCAR just needs to go back to that format, easy peasy
Old 20 Mar 2023, 18:18 (Ref:4148517)   #173
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Less power and tires with less grip is all they need to do at Daytona and Talladega
Old 22 Mar 2023, 17:32 (Ref:4148821)   #174
GT3_Fan
Racer

GT3_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGT3_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
To be honest I'd give up pack racing in a heartbeat if the aerodynamics allowed drivers to pass each other easier.

I mean, there was no pack racing in the 1984 Talladega 500 and that race featured no less than 68 lead changes among 16 drivers. NASCAR just needs to go back to that format, easy peasy
I do greatly miss Winston Cup though. It died pretty much from Earnhardt's 2001 500 crash and buried at end of 2003 season with the last non play off season.
Old 22 Mar 2023, 20:40 (Ref:4148846)   #175
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT3_Fan View Post
I do greatly miss Winston Cup though. It died pretty much from Earnhardt's 2001 500 crash and buried at end of 2003 season with the last non play off season.
Agreed.

You know what else I miss? The sound of the cars being loud during the broadcasts, like this:

https://youtu.be/jqGiIxGF09g?t=1430

(Raw feed of the 1998 DieHard 500.)

These days the sound feels almost muted, at times, during the broadcasts.