Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 18 Aug 2007, 23:51 (Ref:1991611)   #1
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
ALMS Rnd 10: Belle Isle 31 Aug-1 Sep 2007

The Entry List is posted for Belle Isle and includes the return of Robertson's Panoz and also includes Prime Time Race Group with a Viper! Also, no Prodrive and their AMs, Alas! Here's the link

http://www.americanlemans.com/Events...%20Entries.pdf

DK
Old 19 Aug 2007, 00:32 (Ref:1991627)   #2
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Isn't Mosport Round 9, and isn't Detroit Round 10?
Old 19 Aug 2007, 04:42 (Ref:1991694)   #3
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yep
Old 19 Aug 2007, 18:07 (Ref:1992154)   #4
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist
Isn't Mosport Round 9, and isn't Detroit Round 10?
Sorry about that, my bad!

DK
Old 22 Aug 2007, 20:10 (Ref:1994715)   #5
bil588
Veteran

United States
bil588 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What tires does the Viper have?
Old 22 Aug 2007, 22:38 (Ref:1994788)   #6
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
Quote:
Originally Posted by bil588
What tires does the Viper have?
There's no tire information in the Entry List posted on the ALMS web-site. The Viper that ran at Mid-Ohio used Kumhos, so if there's some type of agreement between Kumho and Dodge, perhaps this Viper will too eventhough it appears to be a different team and drivers.

DK
Old 26 Aug 2007, 16:19 (Ref:1996897)   #7
ScuderiaV8
Rookie

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
ScuderiaV8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's a photo of the Viper in scrutineering at Mosport on DSC. Looks like it's running on Michelins from the rear tyre.
Old 27 Aug 2007, 06:35 (Ref:1997227)   #8
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Viper won't be there as it seems due to them not having the proper refuelling kit. A shame...
Old 27 Aug 2007, 12:11 (Ref:1997543)   #9
mariantic
Racer

Scotland
Scotland
mariantic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmariantic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brielga
The Viper won't be there as it seems due to them not having the proper refuelling kit. A shame...
The refuelling kit comment was about Mosport. The Viper was on the live timing there as they paid their entry fee and were just going to do the test sessions in preparation for Detroit. When they found they'd need the full pit kit they pulled out.

Anyway that's what RLM said during Saturday practice.

Mariantic
Old 27 Aug 2007, 12:40 (Ref:1997560)   #10
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
You can likely scratch Van Der Steur from Detroit. Their car was pretty damaged at Mosport.
Old 27 Aug 2007, 15:28 (Ref:1997654)   #11
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Wasnt Pecorari the chap who damaged it before ..... if so , i duobt you will see him in it again .
Old 27 Aug 2007, 16:31 (Ref:1997707)   #12
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
**SPOILER ALERT!!** - SPEED Touring Car winner is given below sorry guys.

Pecorari went out and won the Touring Car race in convincing fashion (I didn't see the race as I was walking the ALMS paddock making sure all drivers were there - low and behold one of the drivers missing was Pecorari to which Mr. van der Steur explained that he had just won the touring car race and wouldn't make the session 'till later on). I think given his capabilities as a driver VDS would be glad to have him on board, however, he is looking to progress in his career and a team that is running a limited schedule isn't the place to be if you want a Le Mans win. If Adam doesn't return to VDS it will most likely be on his own accord. When leaving the track yesterday I tried to convince the boys at VDS to give me the wheel, tire, drive shaft and suspension bits that had been snapped off - alas 'twas to no avail. Back to the subject at hand I was going to point out that I saw the Prime Time guys at Mosport, never got a look at their CC however, I did see them running I believe a IMSA Lites car. I'd like to see a more competitive CC effort however, development on that car will be slow and given no one could touch the "non-factory" Mazda that dominated IMSA Lites this weekend I can't comment on the capabilities of the Prime Time team. I'd also like to point out we see the return of Trans Sport and Cytosport and strangely missing from the list is the Creation-Judd of Autocon.

Chris
Old 27 Aug 2007, 23:24 (Ref:1998029)   #13
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Programming Alert

Speed channel has changed the race from live to same day Tape Delayed at 9:30 EDT. link

L.P.
Old 28 Aug 2007, 04:15 (Ref:1998082)   #14
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Speed channel has changed the race from live to same day Tape Delayed at 9:30 EDT.
Well, at least then I can see the whole race instead of the last 5 minutes(I have to work this Saturday).

It wouldn't be such a problem if it were Petit Le Mans(10 hour) or Laguna Seca(west coast race-starts in the evening in Ohio).

And I can look up the results to see if it's worth taping and saving.
Old 28 Aug 2007, 04:33 (Ref:1998087)   #15
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
According to the Radio Web, the suspension or tyre let go on Pecorari. Didn't sound like it was his fault. Regardless, he's a definite talent (see his performance in the StasiS/Pfaff Audi in Speed TC this weekend) and I don't see him being sacked. He's the resident pro on a shoestring budget team (but superfriendly, immediately asking me inside the tent with my camera to photograph the car's engine setup), who else to you expect to be pushing the car to the point where it breaks and/or he bins it?
Old 28 Aug 2007, 04:54 (Ref:1998092)   #16
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi
Well, at least then I can see the whole race instead of the last 5 minutes(I have to work this Saturday).

It wouldn't be such a problem if it were Petit Le Mans(10 hour) or Laguna Seca(west coast race-starts in the evening in Ohio).

And I can look up the results to see if it's worth taping and saving.
Okay DVR's and Capture Cards are cheap.... No excuse to miss anything.

If you need help setting one up let me know...
Old 28 Aug 2007, 05:04 (Ref:1998097)   #17
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!

I can't wait!!!!

edited to put the small map in - click here for the big one - p-c

Last edited by paul-collins; 29 Aug 2007 at 17:05.
Old 28 Aug 2007, 06:18 (Ref:1998118)   #18
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
According to the Radio Web, the suspension or tyre let go on Pecorari. Didn't sound like it was his fault. Regardless, he's a definite talent (see his performance in the StasiS/Pfaff Audi in Speed TC this weekend) and I don't see him being sacked. He's the resident pro on a shoestring budget team (but superfriendly, immediately asking me inside the tent with my camera to photograph the car's engine setup), who else to you expect to be pushing the car to the point where it breaks and/or he bins it?
It did look like some sort of failure as the car smoked heavily from the left rear for some distance before it started to come around on him.

L.P.
Old 28 Aug 2007, 06:39 (Ref:1998130)   #19
Kai
Racer

United States
San Francisco
Kai has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Looks like a cool track layout!
Old 29 Aug 2007, 14:56 (Ref:1999234)   #20
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dj4monie,

Thanks for posting the track layout! It looks very flowing and should make for exciting racing. Let's hope for a good, fast, safe race.

DK
Old 29 Aug 2007, 15:07 (Ref:1999241)   #21
yamato
Racer

yamato should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spotter's Guide is up!

http://lastturnclub.com/index.php?op...pper&Itemid=80

Old 29 Aug 2007, 16:39 (Ref:1999307)   #22
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Should make for another P1/P2 battle though, Audi still bringing the 07 carsor back to the old ones for this weekend. Not really the straights to stretch the R10s legs, but maybe McNish can get it out front and push the Spyders into some trouble.
Sucks to see VDS out, maybe back for PLM with some help.
Old 29 Aug 2007, 17:09 (Ref:1999333)   #23
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96
Should make for another P1/P2 battle though, Audi still bringing the 07 carsor back to the old ones for this weekend. Not really the straights to stretch the R10s legs, but maybe McNish can get it out front and push the Spyders into some trouble.
Sucks to see VDS out, maybe back for PLM with some help.
It does seem that once the Audi is out front it is almost impossible to pass because of the tremendous torque. I believe they have only been passed in the pits, when they have crashed or had mechanical trouble. On the road they are a formidable obstacle, especially with McNish at the wheel!

DK
Old 30 Aug 2007, 16:02 (Ref:2000158)   #24
GT-Eins
Veteran

Germany
Hannover, Germany
GT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And now Audi has also been added a light fuelling advantage (see latest DSC-news)
Although I have in mind that Audi was once penellized with a kind of "fuel-restrictor" for the refuelling -is this still in place?
Old 30 Aug 2007, 16:33 (Ref:2000187)   #25
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-Eins
And now Audi has also been added a light fuelling advantage (see latest DSC-news)
Although I have in mind that Audi was once penellized with a kind of "fuel-restrictor" for the refuelling -is this still in place?
I think that in ALMS Audi is still running with the smaller fuel flow restrictor.

In press releases Audi has frequently complained about slower pitstop. Some examples:
Quote:
Dr. Wolfgang Ullrich: "However, this is no easy task as we have two handicaps handed out to us by the regulations when compared to the LM P2 cars: the higher weight and smaller fuel tank. We also lose time during the pit stops because diesel flows slower into the tank than gasoline."

Dindo Capello: "In the race we have more handicaps compared to the LM P2 cars. Our refuelling time is longer, and as everybody knows, we have a smaller fuel tank. This means we need to open a gap on the race track in order to stay ahead also during the pit stops."

Marco Werner: "At the moment we are simply too slow in the pits due to the regulations."
So this IMSA decision does not give an advantage to Audi. It merely removes a disadvantage they have had the whole season.
Quote:
Commencing 28 August, 2007 cars running the IMSA mandated Shell V-Power Diesel “LM-24” are permitted to raise their pit fuel storage tank to 250cm. This waiver is valid for three events.
source: http://www.imsaracing.net/2007/alms/...in%2007-18.pdf