Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 12 Mar 2018, 20:15 (Ref:3807577)   #1141
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Along with basic live timing that runs through the whole thing, I wish they'd at least provide us with static CCTV camera of the start/finish straight for the test. But I bet the only things we'll get from the whole week once again are dry press releases, random twitter updates, 3 minute ACO youtube clip with cringe worthy orchestral music, PDFs from alkamel after the conclusion and (if lucky) short delayed RLM interview recap.
I hope it's more. Even a static camera is still cool if it is more than one of them. I too have doubts about extended coverage of the prologue, but if I were the WEC I would seriously look into it to get the word out about the super season, even if Alonso isn't going to be there.
Old 12 Mar 2018, 20:23 (Ref:3807580)   #1142
Chiana
Veteran

Chiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I hope it's more. Even a static camera is still cool if it is more than one of them. I too have doubts about extended coverage of the prologue, but if I were the WEC I would seriously look into it to get the word out about the super season, even if Alonso isn't going to be there.
Yes!

And it's the same exact issue with Le Mans Test Day, it's essentially worthless if you're not at the circuit. There was one year where they provided CCTV shots (2013) and then the next (2014) where they had actual proper cameras - albeit still static - overhead the circuit, but then they gave up for no reason and we are back to stone age again with crap-tastic non-coverage.

It's even more insult to injury considering that unlike in the past these tests are now force-madatory for the teams, yet no-one can see them (I don't consider second hand social media clips as such)

The only upside of Test Day coverage in contrast to HTTT is that at least LT, RLM cover it live, but most of the time if you can't catch the sessions live you're screwed anyway because their on-demand archiving is sketchy at best.

Last edited by Chiana; 12 Mar 2018 at 20:35.
Old 13 Mar 2018, 07:52 (Ref:3807709)   #1143
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Endurance-Info has picked up on the interesting representation of a prototype on the poster for the first round of the Super Season.

Old 13 Mar 2018, 10:13 (Ref:3807728)   #1144
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!
I know it will be after the fact but I hope someone posts some good footage of the new cars from the Prologue. Looking forward to seeing and hearing them all.
Old 13 Mar 2018, 16:15 (Ref:3807763)   #1145
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Endurance-Info has picked up on the interesting representation of a prototype on the poster for the first round of the Super Season.

That's an Oreca 07, though.
Old 13 Mar 2018, 19:09 (Ref:3807785)   #1146
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Yes!

And it's the same exact issue with Le Mans Test Day, it's essentially worthless if you're not at the circuit. There was one year where they provided CCTV shots (2013) and then the next (2014) where they had actual proper cameras - albeit still static - overhead the circuit, but then they gave up for no reason and we are back to stone age again with crap-tastic non-coverage.

It's even more insult to injury considering that unlike in the past these tests are now force-madatory for the teams, yet no-one can see them (I don't consider second hand social media clips as such)
They did some analysis on how much uptake there was. Apparently very few people watched it to justify the, even small, cost. The teams didnít want to fund it for the same reason. I believe that they only had two people watch for more than ten seconds, only 50% of them were active on social media to talk about it and they didnít talk about the cars at all, just about the run off and how it wasnít as good as previous years.

Quote:
The only upside of Test Day coverage in contrast to HTTT is that at least LT, RLM cover it live, but most of the time if you can't catch the sessions live you're screwed anyway because their on-demand archiving is sketchy at best.
Some people say this is because after a long stint they have to pack up and travel. This is not the case, they just like winding up people. Itís one of their perks for providing a free service.

All of this is a lie, BTW. However I owe Chiana a beer.
Old 13 Mar 2018, 19:33 (Ref:3807789)   #1147
Chiana
Veteran

Chiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ha ha funny
Old 13 Mar 2018, 19:39 (Ref:3807790)   #1148
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!

As you can tell I’m done with the off season now and up for some track action.
Old 13 Mar 2018, 21:02 (Ref:3807803)   #1149
EffectiveSprinkles
Racer

EffectiveSprinkles should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEffectiveSprinkles should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEffectiveSprinkles should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Please. The off-season is absolutely terrible there's no racing, it's cold as **** outside and the 'racing press' is even worse than usual because there's nothing to write about. At least I don't follow F1 anymore which is even worse!
Old 14 Mar 2018, 12:57 (Ref:3807960)   #1150
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!
Where I live it's supposed to be the middle of March but it feels like how it should've about a month ago. Watching old Sebring races on You Tube make me wish it was warmer that much more.
Old 15 Mar 2018, 12:22 (Ref:3808139)   #1151
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridnobster should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridnobster should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridnobster should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nyck de Vries will be driving for Racing Team Nederland in LMP2 after Le Mans 2018 as replacement of Jan Lammers.
Old 15 Mar 2018, 20:31 (Ref:3808233)   #1152
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!
More rumors that the Sebring WEC round could be in trouble as far as happening as envisioned:

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/se...ay-notebook-6/
Old 15 Mar 2018, 21:35 (Ref:3808247)   #1153
EffectiveSprinkles
Racer

EffectiveSprinkles should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEffectiveSprinkles should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEffectiveSprinkles should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If John Dagys says sources are telling him something it's usually the opposite.
Old 15 Mar 2018, 22:47 (Ref:3808254)   #1154
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectiveSprinkles View Post
If John Dagys says sources are telling him something it's usually the opposite.
I posted on the Sebring race thread that the rumors are always something negative. It's like these 'sources' want the race to fail. Maybe they're afraid of being upstaged or something? That's not to say the teams are but maybe IMSA supporters are whispering things like this.
Old 16 Mar 2018, 01:36 (Ref:3808265)   #1155
Chiana
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I posted on the Sebring race thread that the rumors are always something negative. It's like these 'sources' want the race to fail. Maybe they're afraid of being upstaged or something? That's not to say the teams are but maybe IMSA supporters are whispering things like this.
Certainly wouldn't be out of realms of possibility given what we've seen...

Anyway, regarding that 'notebook' article, I just have to laugh at "multiple sources have indicated that a number of logistical and marketing issues may be to much to overcome" line. It really isn't that difficult.