Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 12 Mar 2018, 00:40 (Ref:3807437)   #16
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well all the Ford devotees should follow their favourite brand to the Tennis or Lawn Bowls...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 12 Mar 2018, 01:09 (Ref:3807441)   #17
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For those who'd walk away if there were no Fords/Falcons on the grid, what will you watch instead?
Old 12 Mar 2018, 01:56 (Ref:3807444)   #18
M91
Rookie

M91 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
For those who'd walk away if there were no Fords/Falcons on the grid, what will you watch instead?
I honestly don't know, I still live in hope that it won't come to that.
I just know that I'm not interested in a Commodore cup.
Old 12 Mar 2018, 04:14 (Ref:3807454)   #19
leothedrummer
Racer

leothedrummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Grew up in a Ford family, have owned multiple Falcons, always cheered for DJR and SBR, never really liked Commodores, HRT, Skaife, Murphy, Tander, the Kelly's etc...

But of course I'll still watch. Sure I'd be disappointed but the race will go on and the race is the most important part to me.
Old 12 Mar 2018, 04:26 (Ref:3807457)   #20
Ospi
Veteran

Ospi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOspi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would hurt the sport for sure, whether that would lead to the end of it I guess would depend on sponsor interest. Personally I watch it because I enjoy quality motor racing and not because of the badge on a spaceframe.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Old 12 Mar 2018, 06:07 (Ref:3807467)   #21
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
The same as I watch now, NRL and the B12hr.
Old 12 Mar 2018, 06:30 (Ref:3807469)   #22
JAFA851
Racer

New Zealand
JAFA851 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ospi View Post
It would hurt the sport for sure, whether that would lead to the end of it I guess would depend on sponsor interest. Personally I watch it because I enjoy quality motor racing and not because of the badge on a spaceframe.

Oh Lord, finally someone that can see it for what it is, and doesn't look through rose-tinted lenses thinking the Falcodore on their driveway is the very same as the one that just won Bathurst / Sandown / the Championship.
Old 12 Mar 2018, 06:35 (Ref:3807470)   #23
leothedrummer
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFA851 View Post
Oh Lord, finally someone that can see it for what it is, and doesn't look through rose-tinted lenses thinking the Falcodore on their driveway is the very same as the one that just won Bathurst / Sandown / the Championship.
Big +1 this this post (and the bolded part quoted within it).
Old 12 Mar 2018, 06:44 (Ref:3807471)   #24
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
I think we are all well aware of that. Well most grown ups are.

But for ford fans thats the team we barrack for. Ford! We lose our team we lose interest and something else grabs our interest
Old 12 Mar 2018, 07:39 (Ref:3807472)   #25
leothedrummer
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
We lose our team we lose interest and something else grabs our interest
Is your interest in the journey or the destination? What's more important, the result or the race?

Which do you enjoy more - a Ford driver coming second in an intense and exciting race, or winning by a large margin because all the competitors broke down or stuffed up in the pits?
Old 12 Mar 2018, 07:41 (Ref:3807473)   #26
billybanana
Veteran

billybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbillybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With Ford showing zero interest in coming back to the series, I'll guess we'll find out soon enough.
Old 12 Mar 2018, 07:47 (Ref:3807474)   #27
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
You've described a large proprotion of the fanbase.

Most don't care about the small idosyncracies in the technical side. The ones that cringe when Mr Crompton goes into too finer detail.

They just want their beloved Ford/Holden to do well, and for everyone else to crash and burn. Even if their Ford/Holden is a '97-build traffic liability...
Old 12 Mar 2018, 08:00 (Ref:3807476)   #28
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by leothedrummer View Post
Is your interest in the journey or the destination? What's more important, the result or the race?

Which do you enjoy more - a Ford driver coming second in an intense and exciting race, or winning by a large margin because all the competitors broke down or stuffed up in the pits?
happy with either.

but i still want to watch my team, if they're not playing i might watch if nothing else is on (cant see me recording and catching up latter), but i certainly wont be paying to go and see another team play.

I would expect bathurst might be different for me, but for others in my group i know at least half will drop out
Old 12 Mar 2018, 17:48 (Ref:3807553)   #29
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Will they head to Coffs for the WRC, where Mr. Ogier will have a very good chance of winning the championship (yet again) in a Ford from the slick M-Sport equipe?
Old 12 Mar 2018, 17:50 (Ref:3807554)   #30
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ospi View Post

Are you suggesting they are racing but mere super-silhouettes? Glorified overweight sports sedans, that are utterly irrelevant to vehicle market?

It must be said Mr. Ogier's Ford Fiesta, starts out as a real Fiesta... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYbMk50awO0 (And
boy is the factory posh too, a Supercars lot on an industrial estate could learn a thing or too about going motor racing in tweed jacket stiff upper lip British style!) However many wings, chrome-moly tubing, and AWD systems it sprouts.

Should Supercars learn from that, and embrace more authentic production-derived racers?