Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 17 Oct 2018, 19:52 (Ref:3857354)   #1
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Egg AMRS, BAC & AASA support SST where CAMS won't

Quote:
The Boost Mobile Stadium Super Trucks series will compete at Sydney Motorsport Park as part of the Australian Motor Racing Series (AMRS) program next week.

To be held over the October 26-28 weekend, it will come a week after the series was scheduled to compete as part of the supporting cast to the Virgin Australia Supercars Championship at the Vodafone Gold Coast 600.

SST was replaced on the bill by the Kumho Tyres Touring Car Series after CAMS suspended its Australian competition licence.

The AMRS is unaffiliated with CAMS, as it is run by the Benalla Auto Club-owned (BAC) Australian Auto Sport Alliance, and therefore can allow the category to compete

https://www.speedcafe.com/2018/10/17...BuyMdoRDx8k8kA

Great work Benalla Auto Club, Australian Auto Sport Alliance and the Australian Motor Racing Series - **** CAMS
Old 17 Oct 2018, 20:53 (Ref:3857376)   #2
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So are they safe or unsafe?

I don't understand the politics but I did see a wheel come off Jamie Whincup's car at Bathurst.

Pretty sure I also saw a wheel from a "Super Truck" fly over the crowd into a dam at QR.

Seems CAMS and Mr Gordon have been at loggerheads over this one for a while.

Can anyone tell me the real reason CAMS have shut them out???
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 17 Oct 2018, 21:08 (Ref:3857391)   #3
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Here's hoping it doesn't come back to bite them in the rear end.
Old 17 Oct 2018, 21:09 (Ref:3857392)   #4
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
I can't answer your questions sorry, but what I find as a bit different as well is that Eastern Creek has always been a dedicated CAMS track, like Phillip Island, now they are running events under AASA, the CAMS arch enemy.

Sandown has run events under AASA. In the past even the V8Supercars testing at Winton and Queensland Raceway was done under AASA, not sure it is now
Old 17 Oct 2018, 21:45 (Ref:3857397)   #5
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
I can't answer your questions sorry, but what I find as a bit different as well is that Eastern Creek has always been a dedicated CAMS track, like Phillip Island, now they are running events under AASA, the CAMS arch enemy.
Eastern Creek has been issuing AASA permits for many, many years for events there. I've personally run events there under AASA permits, issued by the circuit 8 or 9 years ago.
Old 17 Oct 2018, 22:07 (Ref:3857400)   #6
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Odd that they have been deemed unsafe now, but were deemed safe intially and for the myriad races that they attended before this recent ban... Hmmmmmm...
Old 17 Oct 2018, 22:36 (Ref:3857406)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter View Post
So are they safe or unsafe?

I don't understand the politics but I did see a wheel come off Jamie Whincup's car at Bathurst.

Pretty sure I also saw a wheel from a "Super Truck" fly over the crowd into a dam at QR.

Allegedly hot lapping a stadium truck in a public street at night last year by the series owner may have rubbed the suits up the wrong way... allegedly
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 17 Oct 2018, 22:39 (Ref:3857407)   #8
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But are the trucks safe???
Old 18 Oct 2018, 00:11 (Ref:3857411)   #9
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter View Post

From what I can see this isnt anything to do with safety its just politics and jousting between the two parties. CAMS probably didnt get paid off as much as they would've liked and thus here we are. It sounds cynical but I just can't buy the safety angle given the history between the two parties involved.

To hell with CAMS. If I were in Sydney I'd be going to this. Hopefully the weekend gets a good turnout.
Old 18 Oct 2018, 01:11 (Ref:3857417)   #10
Muznik
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast
Muznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMuznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Allegedly hot lapping a stadium truck in a public street at night last year by the series owner may have rubbed the suits up the wrong way... allegedly

Petition here if anyone is interested. Not good at viral marketing but over 2k supporters so far with little exposure. Most fans enjoy the spectacle.

https://www.change.org/p/conferation...m-super-trucks
Old 18 Oct 2018, 04:14 (Ref:3857424)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compromised View Post
As safe as a SuperUte?
Old 18 Oct 2018, 04:22 (Ref:3857426)   #12
Scrut
Racer

Australia
Australia
Scrut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think there will be a risk of anyone being hit by a wheel at SMP this weekend.

No one will be there.
Old 18 Oct 2018, 06:53 (Ref:3857436)   #13
old fart
Racer

Australia
a racetrack -wish it was Mt Panorama.
old fart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridold fart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Eastern Creek has been issuing AASA permits for many, many years for events there. I've personally run events there under AASA permits, issued by the circuit 8 or 9 years ago.
I think you will most likely find that the circuit is a cold hire and the hirer runs the event under whatever permit issuing authority they have chosen and comply with the regulations etc set down by that authority. It is a basic business transaction with the hirer providing the officials and hiring whatever equipment they may need but not own in their right.
Sandown would be similar I assume in that the venue is owned by the turf club and various organisations hire it for events under whatever permit they elect.
Old 18 Oct 2018, 08:34 (Ref:3857449)   #14
sebringimsa
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
sebringimsa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Was that why they were banned?? Don't think so!
If it rolls, floats, flys or crashes, runs on gasoline or high explosives, shoots a big bullett, makes lots of noise, producing torque and recoil, THEN ITS COOL!! But if it's a ball made out of leather inflated with air hit with a bat, racquet or club, played on a course, green or court by yubbies or left-wingers it SUCKS!!
Old 18 Oct 2018, 08:38 (Ref:3857450)   #15
sebringimsa
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
sebringimsa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

As safe as any four wheel mechanical object.

Unfortunately, we now live in the authoritarian, regulatory controlled country called Australia.
If it rolls, floats, flys or crashes, runs on gasoline or high explosives, shoots a big bullett, makes lots of noise, producing torque and recoil, THEN ITS COOL!! But if it's a ball made out of leather inflated with air hit with a bat, racquet or club, played on a course, green or court by yubbies or left-wingers it SUCKS!!
Old 18 Oct 2018, 09:04 (Ref:3857455)   #16
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by old fart View Post
I think you will most likely find that the circuit is a cold hire and the hirer runs the event under whatever permit issuing authority they have chosen and comply with the regulations etc set down by that authority. It is a basic business transaction with the hirer providing the officials and hiring whatever equipment they may need but not own in their right.
Sandown would be similar I assume in that the venue is owned by the turf club and various organisations hire it for events under whatever permit they elect.
It can happen that way or for the events I ran at the time, permit was obtained from Eastern Creek (as it was then) and they offered a choice of either CAMS or AASA and the circuit provided officials etc as part of our hire arrangement. Its a question of where the hirer and circuit want to set the contract responsibilities.
Old 18 Oct 2018, 12:07 (Ref:3857506)   #17
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wasn't there a fall out with a certain driver/promotor? Or am I confusing it with something else?
Old 19 Oct 2018, 03:42 (Ref:3857663)   #18
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
Wasn't there a fall out with a certain driver/promotor? Or am I confusing it with something else?
You're not confusing it. Robbie Gordon (series owner) was charged with doing burnouts in a SST on a Darwin street a couple of years back.
Old 19 Oct 2018, 05:50 (Ref:3857670)   #19
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Was last year.

He was asked to donate money to a cause of CAMS' choosing, to make it all better. Which he did, and up until May this year, was allowed to continue to bring his show here.
Old 19 Oct 2018, 10:22 (Ref:3857713)   #20
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The main bike series at Eastern Creek-Formula Xtreme-runs under AASA permit and has since 2010.
Personally disappointed the Stadium Trucks will be there next week as I am going to the meeting and find them the most moronic form of motor racing I have ever seen.
Old 19 Oct 2018, 19:26 (Ref:3857803)   #21
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Update - statement from SST
Old 19 Oct 2018, 23:52 (Ref:3857834)   #22
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrut View Post
I don't think there will be a risk of anyone being hit by a wheel at SMP this weekend.

No one will be there.
There will be more people working in the IGA warehouse across the road, or running the machines making Tim Tams, both just across the road from the circuit, than might show up to watch..
Old 20 Oct 2018, 05:58 (Ref:3857871)   #23
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll be there, it's a pretty good program.
Old 20 Oct 2018, 07:24 (Ref:3857881)   #24
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
JAFA851 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After reading that article in AA and the letter, sounds like CAMS are making it up as they go along to suit their own agenda? Wouldn't be the first time that's happened.

Who is this Arocca dude? Some big shot at CAMS?
Old 20 Oct 2018, 08:11 (Ref:3857883)   #25
Umai Naa
Veteran

Mr Arocca is at the top of the pile.