Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 17 Jul 2019, 09:31 (Ref:3918115)   #251
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
In the end Dusan didn't hit anyone at Red Bull Ring except his wife. He couldn't escape controversies over his past only.

So you think its ok he 'only hit his wife'?

Thats not character, and if you think it is you might want to reassess your mindset.

TCR Europe, and racing in general doesn't need that attitude
Old 17 Jul 2019, 10:29 (Ref:3918128)   #252
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Didn't she slip over, in an unrelated incident?
Old 17 Jul 2019, 12:17 (Ref:3918151)   #253
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Didn't she slip over, in an unrelated incident?
If that was the case, maybe Borkovic should have stuck around and explained that to the stewards.
Old 17 Jul 2019, 13:11 (Ref:3918169)   #254
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think they were just simply fed up with him, considering he went after someone, and the wrong person at that...
Old 17 Jul 2019, 13:32 (Ref:3918174)   #255
GusGasfuss
Racer

Germany
Ravensburg, Germany
GusGasfuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
I think they were just simply fed up with him, considering he went after someone, and the wrong person at that...

I believe too, it was because he couldn't keep this temper in control. If he really hit someone (even his wife), they would have given a fine or more.

Of course noone like a tall guy like him, going to another guy to have a conflict. And of coure, talking beween serbian and french guy in english could lead to more problems...

In the end it is not needed anywhere, to have such kind of conflicts....
Old 17 Jul 2019, 13:53 (Ref:3918178)   #256
Alessio
Racer

Italy
London
Alessio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
So you think its ok he 'only hit his wife'?

Thats not character, and if you think it is you might want to reassess your mindset.

TCR Europe, and racing in general doesn't need that attitude
I'd like to hope it wasn't intentional. I do feel as if he's been singled out this season, though understandably so after Monza.

Borkovic has driven dirty for some time and it's not surprising that he's on the receiving end of it now..but driving standards in general, and also across the board for TCR series, have been really poor and that this situation was allowed to escalate to this level is down to marshalls not getting on top of contact penalties earlier..
Old 17 Jul 2019, 16:24 (Ref:3918203)   #257
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
If that was the case, maybe Borkovic should have stuck around and explained that to the stewards.

Perhaps he didn't know what was going on after-all. We do know at this stage that Dusan didn't punch any lady, nor hit the French driver of Uncle Muller's team. Therefore, the stewards of the meeting report was a farce, or a joke if one prefers.
Old 17 Jul 2019, 16:51 (Ref:3918206)   #258
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Perhaps he didn't know what was going on after-all. We do know at this stage that Dusan didn't punch any lady, nor hit the French driver of Uncle Muller's team. Therefore, the stewards of the meeting report was a farce, or a joke if one prefers.
You don't know what happened, therefore the stewards are a farce?

Really?

Stewards will always ask the driver and/or team manager to attend to give their side before any decision is made. If that driver decided not to attend then so be it.
Old 17 Jul 2019, 18:13 (Ref:3918213)   #259
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Stewards will always ask the driver and/or team manager to attend to give their side before any decision is made. If that driver decided not to attend then so be it.

The driver already left the track when the stewards called him. It is nota first, and it is a pretty common situation in case you are not familiar with the sport. Drivers do not need to stay at the racetrack until the last steward closes the door.
Old 17 Jul 2019, 18:50 (Ref:3918218)   #260
TR4racer
Racer

United Kingdom
London
TR4racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The driver already left the track when the stewards called him. It is nota first, and it is a pretty common situation in case you are not familiar with the sport. Drivers do not need to stay at the racetrack until the last steward closes the door.
Where you there? I suspect not so your views are worthless.
Old 17 Jul 2019, 19:40 (Ref:3918223)   #261
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR4racer View Post
Where you there? I suspect not so your views are worthless.
Well said.
Old 17 Jul 2019, 21:00 (Ref:3918231)   #262
JoshFiles
Rookie

JoshFiles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Hi Juntos.

Firstly thank you for calling me boring. I feel we put on a good show for you, but if you don't like it you don't have to watch.

Secondly, in case you are not familiar with the sport, the driver must stay at the track at least 1 hour after the provisional classification is given. Within this hour all investigations will be announced and if you're car number is on that list of investigations, you are NOT allowed to leave until the stewards have heard from you. If you chose to leave you lose all rights.

But if you'd like to learn more about our sport and indeed the TCR Europe paddock, I'd happily invite you for a drink, as we do like to have a good party amongst the teams and drivers. We simply don't publicise it to the world like the "not boring" ones do.

Best wishes
Josh
Old 18 Jul 2019, 09:07 (Ref:3918307)   #263
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
The stewards' report makes no mention of punching a lady.

'“The competitor had an inadmissable behaviour in the parc fermé after race 2, pushing a woman on a car, trying to tear off the front-left door in order to reach the driver of car #25,” read the stewards’ report.'

What has been reported is that a team member of a Serbian driver, to Serbian press, claims that the woman merely fell and was not pushed.

The official statement from Target reads:

'There was a confrontation between driver Dušan Borković and members of another team including one of their drivers. We absolutely do not condone such behaviour and were very upset to hear of such an incident. As a team we cannot be responsible for the mindset, mentality and actions of our drivers. We always try to keep them focused and professional in their appearance and attitude but sometimes situations fall completely out our control such as this one. Again, we DO NOT accept any form of aggressive behaviour, and do not agree with any form of violence. Dušan Borković has since been banned from TCR Europe for his actions. We understand and accept the actions that have been taken by the series promoter. We are sorry for the actions of Dušan Borković in Red Bull Ring and we are sorry for him and his family that he can no longer race in TCR Europe. We are now searching for a replacement driver for the #62 car for the remainder of the year. We hope to continue working with Dušan on other projects as we know the true gentleman that he can be. We accept the TCR Europe promoters’ decision to act against his actions. We also will not tolerate aggression and violence in our sport.'

What part of the stewards' report is farcical?
Old 18 Jul 2019, 09:12 (Ref:3918308)   #264
Bcarr6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
The stewards' report makes no mention of punching a lady.

'“The competitor had an inadmissable behaviour in the parc fermé after race 2, pushing a woman on a car, trying to tear off the front-left door in order to reach the driver of car #25,” read the stewards’ report.'

What has been reported is that a team member of a Serbian driver, to Serbian press, claims that the woman merely fell and was not pushed.

The official statement from Target reads:

'There was a confrontation between driver Dušan Borković and members of another team including one of their drivers. We absolutely do not condone such behaviour and were very upset to hear of such an incident. As a team we cannot be responsible for the mindset, mentality and actions of our drivers. We always try to keep them focused and professional in their appearance and attitude but sometimes situations fall completely out our control such as this one. Again, we DO NOT accept any form of aggressive behaviour, and do not agree with any form of violence. Dušan Borković has since been banned from TCR Europe for his actions. We understand and accept the actions that have been taken by the series promoter. We are sorry for the actions of Dušan Borković in Red Bull Ring and we are sorry for him and his family that he can no longer race in TCR Europe. We are now searching for a replacement driver for the #62 car for the remainder of the year. We hope to continue working with Dušan on other projects as we know the true gentleman that he can be. We accept the TCR Europe promoters’ decision to act against his actions. We also will not tolerate aggression and violence in our sport.'

What part of the stewards' report is farcical?
On a side note, does the last few setences sound a bit funny from Target?

We completely condemn his actions and accept his season ban, but also if he wants to take his money to a different championship we would be happy to support his effort....

Seems a little like they don't really care much about his behaviour.
Old 18 Jul 2019, 10:00 (Ref:3918314)   #265
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
On a side note, does the last few setences sound a bit funny from Target?

We completely condemn his actions and accept his season ban, but also if he wants to take his money to a different championship we would be happy to support his effort....

I'm wondering if it is down to the fact that they were not the ones who excluded Borković, and so are ensuring they are seen to fulfil their side of any contractual obligation?
Old 18 Jul 2019, 10:49 (Ref:3918317)   #266
Alessio
Racer

Italy
London
Quote:
Given that technically he didn't do much wrong, aside from letting emotions get the better of him, they'll easily look past his actions if the funds are still there.

I recall Schumacher very publicly reacting similarly on a few occasions, Spa '98 most evidently, and a host of other drivers have done likewise. Just seems a bit over the top to chuck someone out of a championship for reacting to an accident post-race whilst full of adrenaline...
Old 18 Jul 2019, 11:01 (Ref:3918318)   #267
GusGasfuss
Racer

Germany
Ravensburg, Germany
GusGasfuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessio View Post
Given that technically he didn't do much wrong, aside from letting emotions get the better of him, they'll easily look past his actions if the funds are still there.

I recall Schumacher very publicly reacting similarly on a few occasions, Spa '98 most evidently, and a host of other drivers have done likewise. Just seems a bit over the top to chuck someone out of a championship for reacting to an accident post-race whilst full of adrenaline...

I also would say, that he is not only one with such behaviour (or even worse - look to Nascar etc.), and of course he should get some verbal punishment for that, and maybe also a fine. But in the end it was "only" uncontrolled angryness, not a criminal action. We should not talk about him, like he is a criminal. Of course he should learn to control his temper soon...
Old 18 Jul 2019, 11:27 (Ref:3918327)   #268
Alessio
Racer

Italy
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGasfuss View Post
I also would say, that he is not only one with such behaviour (or even worse - look to Nascar etc.), and of course he should get some verbal punishment for that, and maybe also a fine. But in the end it was "only" uncontrolled angryness, not a criminal action. We should not talk about him, like he is a criminal. Of course he should learn to control his temper soon...
Definitely would agree. Borkovic's actions pale against some of the stuff that's gone on in the US (Bowyer vs Gordon was a funny one).

It sounds like he's a decent guy and a great driver, but you can tell how short a fuse he has based on just his occasional on-track antics. The off-track stuff is definitely extreme for European motorsport and not admissible, but I don't know if the penalty suits the crime on this occasion
Old 18 Jul 2019, 11:47 (Ref:3918332)   #269
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
A lot of drivers have suffered rushes to the head so soon after getting out of the car. Doesn't excuse his actions, but I agree, he's not the only one to have done this, so time will hopefully heal things
Old 18 Jul 2019, 11:57 (Ref:3918335)   #270
redshoes
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessio View Post
Borkovic's actions pale against some of the stuff that's gone on in the US (Bowyer vs Gordon was a funny one).
Don't compare what happens in Nascar. Whilst on he face of it they condemn such actions, they also know that it's great for rating. "Have at it boys", was I believe the expression they use.
Old 19 Jul 2019, 22:26 (Ref:3918544)   #271
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

It seems a few prima-donnas got offended here. But we all have watched Takuma Sato grabbing Sebastien Bourdais by the neck in IndyCars at Toronto. No one was banned.
Old 19 Jul 2019, 22:47 (Ref:3918550)   #272
Umai Naa
Veteran

I didn't see it.

Although I do consider myself as pre-Madonna...
Old 30 Jul 2019, 13:25 (Ref:3920404)   #273
Mark0994
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade
Mark0994 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.touringcartimes.com/2019...petition-seat/

Dominik Baumann in Target Hyundai.
Old 1 Aug 2019, 14:52 (Ref:3920680)   #274
Mark0994
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade
Mark0994 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Zsolt Szabo will replace Daniel Nagy in M1RA Hyundai
Old 1 Aug 2019, 14:58 (Ref:3920682)   #275
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Tonight, Uruguayan cable TV channel VTV will air a documentary about Santi Urrutia's weekend at Red Bull Ring.