Old 2 Oct 2006, 12:07 (Ref:1725214)   #26
Amonfan
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Amonfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters
Pity you're in Melbourne amonfan, I would've bought from you if you were in NSW!

Did you get any of the JDR cars in? How fast did they sell?
The JD cars were reasonably popular, i still have a few 1:43 left. The Allan Moffat Torana A9X seems to be flavour of the month and of course the Brock/Perkins Porsche 956 1/43....
Old 2 Oct 2006, 16:27 (Ref:1725416)   #27
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Easily my 1988 Exoto Jaguar XJR9LM or my 1991 Autoart Mazda 787B. In fact, despite the 'prestige' associated with Exoto I think the Autoart Mazda is far better.
Old 2 Oct 2006, 17:51 (Ref:1725481)   #28
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oh yes, also; Autoart 1:18 #7 Bentley SPEED 8 Le Mans 2003 winning car.
Old 2 Oct 2006, 18:20 (Ref:1725503)   #29
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Nice, but not a patch on the Mazda I don't normally get excited about seeing the inside of the engine bay on a model but... the Bentley is, like the Champion and Goh Audis made by Spark, a sealed model. Which is a shame
Old 3 Oct 2006, 22:02 (Ref:1726993)   #30
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I would say my 1996 Buddy Lazier Indy 500 model
Old 3 Oct 2006, 23:18 (Ref:1727038)   #31
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quite like my red 5 Mansell Ford Mondeo from the 1993 TOCA shootout. Just in 1/43rd scale but you don't see that many for sale really.
Old 4 Oct 2006, 17:26 (Ref:1727857)   #32
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have some old Onyx 1:43 F3 Cars that are limeted to 1500 worldwide each!
Old 8 Oct 2006, 08:09 (Ref:1731480)   #33
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Onyx...god, they were an odd one.

As I have been moving home this week, I have had a chance to look through the models I own. One I had forgotten I had was the Ayrton first win model in full JPS livery and wet tyres. This is a glorious model, really stunning.

Minichamps went through a brief spell with tobacco ads in 2004 and got a few models released with tobacco decals. I managed to get a few, the Irvine Jordan, and Senna Williams as well. A shame they were stopped doing this after a couple of months, hence the odd decals on the Rothmans Porsches!
Old 8 Oct 2006, 10:35 (Ref:1731701)   #34
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Yes, the Senna cars look superb in their genuine liveries. I was lucky enough to be able to afford all three when they were released so I bought them there and then and started my diecast collection in one expensive moment!!
Old 12 Oct 2006, 12:26 (Ref:1736159)   #35
J-C
Racer

England
Northants, UK
J-C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Got my 1:43 JDR cars this week and they look fabulous, probably the best 1:43s I have. Waiting on the 1:18 still, but got the 1:18 2006 SBR cars which both look magnificent - if anything the Courtney Jeld-Wen car looks better than the real thing! The quality of the paintwork and graphics is really second to none.
Old 12 Oct 2006, 14:56 (Ref:1736292)   #36
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Do you have any Biante/Auto Art V8 Supercars J-C? IMO They are much better than the CC cars (not saying they're crap!).
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 12 Oct 2006, 18:15 (Ref:1736471)   #37
J-C
Racer

England
Northants, UK
J-C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a 1:43 Biante-boxed Team BOC car from 2005, but don't have any of the AutoArt-boxed HRT/HSVDT cars. Is there a difference between the two? The BOC car I have is OK but doesn't seem to have quite the same level of detail as the CCs, so just wondering if the AutoArt ones are better and where? I did notice the HRT '05 Bathurst winner had the decals on the rollcage etc for the onboard camera to pick up, that's probably about my only (minor!) gripe about the CCs.
Old 12 Oct 2006, 23:50 (Ref:1736694)   #38
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
IMHO, the Biantes have more detail in the 1/43 scale cars, which is lacking in the CCs. I have quite a few Auto Art Commodores now, which I bought impulsively because they looked so great. Even the case they come in with the slanted ramp looks nice.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 16 Oct 2006, 11:40 (Ref:1739176)   #39
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
1986 Nigel Mansell 1:43 Williams hand signed by the very man himself.
And French GP 1994 Mansell 1:43 Williams signed as well.

Also from my signed collection 1994 1:43 Michael Andretti Ganassi.
Old 18 Oct 2006, 18:05 (Ref:1741425)   #40
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My little brother just purchased a 1:43 Toyota Corrola Mobil 1 WRC Car. Possibly Czech Rally Championship. I got a nice SPT Bus.... I havent got a bus in ages, sometimes they can look really nice! I have got loads of trams too! I also have Limeted Edition Onyx 1:43 F3 Cars; a Bruno Junquiera Stewart from 1998 and a Tom's Team Macau winning car, also from 1998, both limeted to 1,500 worldwide. Also an Onyx Group C Porche from 1990 (?) Driven by Martin Brundle. A signed IXO Models Aston Martin DBR9 (thankyou Autosport!), an Onyx BMW V12 LMR Sebring winner from 1999, A Bburrago (thats spelt right) BMW 3 Seiries Tourer that I assembled myself, my Richards/Richards CC Shell Helix Falcon (of course) and some old Corgi/mattel F1 cars, still boxed (got them off of ebay) A nelson Piquet Benneton B19, also by Onyx, and some 1:43 F1 Cars and Lots, lots, lots, lots, lots, lots more....
Old 20 Oct 2006, 14:33 (Ref:1743192)   #41
DevilGirl
Rookie

Australia
London
DevilGirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-C
got the 1:18 2006 SBR cars which both look magnificent - if anything the Courtney Jeld-Wen car looks better than the real thing! The quality of the paintwork and graphics is really second to none.
I've just ordered a this years's jeld-wen 1:18, won't see it for another 12 months due to my location , but mum's gonna open it and send me pics!! glad it looks brilllant! and its signed by JC too. Got a signed Caltex #1 from this year too. will have to wait and see how good they are!

My favourite that I already have though is the 1:18 2005 Pirtek machine, but then again, I'm biased...all my model cars are Pirtek ones . It sat pride of place on my mantelpiece in Oz, complete with genuine Bathurst ripple strip under wheels! None of this 'keeping it in the box so its worth more' cr*p, I love looking at them to much, and they'll never be sold!
Old 20 Oct 2006, 21:19 (Ref:1743579)   #42
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
My Montoya 1/18 collection.

Same as that, and not far off being complete But i'll have to say, the signed JPM Williams FW23, limited to 500.

Also have his Indy 500 winning model, although still on the look out for the '99 Ganassi.
Old 20 Oct 2006, 21:26 (Ref:1743586)   #43
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Would love to own this signed JPM autosport model

I hear the credit card calling
Old 27 Oct 2006, 14:23 (Ref:1751141)   #44
Kieran20
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Kieran20 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i have quite a few nice models, ive got schumies 95, 96, 97 car in minichamps. also montoyas champiinship winning champ car, and also zanardi's. i have also sennas 85 lotus, his williams in full tobacco, and nigel manseels 93 lola. these are all 1:18. i have a few champ cars in 1:43 94 indy winner, 93 champion etc.
Old 5 Nov 2006, 08:55 (Ref:1758128)   #45
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V

Also have his Indy 500 winning model, although still on the look out for the '99 Ganassi.
Thanks to our friend knowlesy he linked me This '99 Ganassi Montoya car and i have now ordered one
Old 7 Nov 2006, 21:56 (Ref:1760361)   #46
Kieran20
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V
Thanks to our friend knowlesy he linked me This '99 Ganassi Montoya car and i have now ordered one
i got that exact car off ebay for £31 bargain. it was so cheap because there was a mirror detatched and the rear wing. not too hard to glue them back on though ey
Old 8 Nov 2006, 18:15 (Ref:1761044)   #47
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Was that the one being sold by the German guy on eBay? There was one I nearly bought, but I baulked when I translated the article and discovered parts were dislodged. Little things like that irritate me to the point of oblivion for some reason!
Old 9 Nov 2006, 20:39 (Ref:1761990)   #48
Kieran20
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
Was that the one being sold by the German guy on eBay? There was one I nearly bought, but I baulked when I translated the article and discovered parts were dislodged. Little things like that irritate me to the point of oblivion for some reason!
most probably. but its not hard to glue them back on issit lol. i ahve done and it looks just like normal. thats where i egt my bargains
Old 10 Nov 2006, 09:52 (Ref:1762538)   #49
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I've got various weird and wonderful contraptions, but a handful are quite special to me

A 1:24 Onyx Benetton B194 - JJ Lehto and a '92 Comas Ligier (Onyx had a major detail push between '93 and '94 I reckon!!!)

A 1:12 1977 Polistil Lotus 78 (half it's rear wing missing unfortunately)

I've also got a few 1:18's: Zanardi '97 Ganassi Reynard; Villeneuve's '96 Williams'; Senna's '93 McLaren; Montoya's '03 Williams and a bargain Loeb Citroen Xsara which I got for about £8 squid!

I've also got some Hot Wheels/Mattel 1:25 F1's from 1981 (although they decided to put '82 decals on them). A Ferrari, Brabham, Williams, Alfa, Ligier and Arrows. Also in the range were a Renault and Lotus I think but I never ended up with them. I think they're quite rare nowadays but unfortunately I played with them when I was a kid and they're a bit bashed about!.

I've got loads of old Corgi and Matchbox ('big cars', not 'little cars' as I used to refer to them as).

Last edited by chunterer; 10 Nov 2006 at 09:57.
Old 14 Nov 2006, 13:01 (Ref:1765901)   #50
adstubbs
Racer

United Kingdom
Glamorous Hemel Hempstead
adstubbs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tough one - finally got my Auto Art Aston DBR9 at the weekend, and it is a really good model. The paint finish and decoration in particular are superb. Probably top of my list for now, although the Auto Art DTM M3 and Minichamps DTM Audi V8 that I bought at goodwood last year are also both extremely good (that was an expensive day!)