Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 14 Nov 2006, 11:28 (Ref:1765808)   #51
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Crook
How much did dad pay you to say that !!!!
He hasn't...yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus
From what I saw, the 'racing' side of the show was ok, it was just the studio side of it that was No Good. Which was down to the style of the presenting team (DvO & Iain Tugboat Lee)
The actual race i saw was ok, but many of them were taking very odd lines, they were getting tighter and tighter coming out of becketts which was losing them masses of time etc.

Putting them out in the expensive machines like the monster trucks and stuff was surely a bit daft, with them causing a hell of a lot of damage money wise. Also i'm not sure the selection of celebs were right...I mean one of them wsan't used to driving a car with a gear stick for example, I think they should have had a mix of abilities with some of them having had some racing experience, for example VBH or Jodie Kidd, mixed in with the complete novices.
Old 14 Nov 2006, 17:45 (Ref:1766097)   #52
vw_nut
Veteran

England
hereford
vw_nut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, the studio bits were shocking with the celebrities hardly involved which, to me, is the point! Melissa, Joan Hart and Nigel Benn were hardly spoken to!

Last edited by John Turner; 15 Nov 2006 at 12:34.
Old 16 Nov 2006, 07:04 (Ref:1767389)   #53
Happy Snapper
Veteran

Grenada
Uplyme, Lyme regis
Happy Snapper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chezza
He hasn't...yet!

in the expensive machines like the monster trucks and stuff was surely a bit daft, with them causing a hell of a lot of damage money wise. Also i'm not sure the selection of celebs were right...I mean one of them wsan't used to driving a car with a gear stick for example, I think they should have had a mix of abilities with some of them having had some racing experience, for example VBH or Jodie Kidd, mixed in with the complete novices.
They had some of thier "cars" rejected and had to acquire others at short notice, I understand that they plan to do it all again next year. With a six figure buget I'm sure they get plenty of offers for venues....
Old 16 Nov 2006, 11:14 (Ref:1767607)   #54
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm not sure Silverstone would be offering again though.
Old 16 Nov 2006, 11:23 (Ref:1767614)   #55
Redracer77
Veteran

Redracer77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
why not?

If they pay £16k a day for the circuit for 7 days and pay for any damage to the cars then why would Silverstone turn them away.....great business in the winter months.
Old 16 Nov 2006, 11:29 (Ref:1767621)   #56
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
it is, but after the trouble and the issues I can't see them getting the marshals and things that they would need at the weekend again.

A lot of people didn't want to be there on the sunday after they had been there on the saturday, so I can't see people volunteering again.
Old 9 Dec 2006, 21:01 (Ref:1786000)   #57
Gary Critcher
Racer

England
London, England, UK
Gary Critcher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
for my sins, during my day job, it was my duty to transmit episodes of 'The Race'on Sky TV. As everyone says, it was absolutely dreadful! Probably run for another two series then!! LOL
Old 9 Dec 2006, 23:41 (Ref:1786087)   #58
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If it is commissioned, surely there's some big button you can press to *stop* it being transmitted?

Although from the number of the people at the track though, guess you can call that successful.
Old 10 Dec 2006, 07:51 (Ref:1786519)   #59
Gary Critcher
Racer

England
London, England, UK
Gary Critcher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yes............if I started doing that there would be some pretty short schedules to transmit, AND I'd lose my job pretty quickly too!! LOL
Old 10 Dec 2006, 22:04 (Ref:1787149)   #60
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
The number of people at the circuit...who were all concentrated into one stand to make it look busy?!
Old 10 Dec 2006, 22:24 (Ref:1787173)   #61
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I can only go by what I saw on TV...which was lacking in spectators on the terraces at Luffield and Becketts IIRC but the grandstands looked reasonably full - more than I expected.

As I said wasn't there, so don't know what grandstand arrangements were for the event.
Old 11 Dec 2006, 06:42 (Ref:1787550)   #62
Happy Snapper
Veteran

Grenada
Uplyme, Lyme regis
Happy Snapper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chezza
it is, but after the trouble and the issues I can't see them getting the marshals and things that they would need at the weekend again.

A lot of people didn't want to be there on the sunday after they had been there on the saturday, so I can't see people volunteering again.
And some had been there all week! Filming started the previous Sunday...
Old 11 Dec 2006, 11:13 (Ref:1787815)   #63
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
Yes thats true snapper, although I was talking about some of the voluntary weekend marshals that I spoke to rather than those who are employed by the circuit.

But I'll certainly be giving it a miss.