Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 16 Mar 2013, 19:43 (Ref:3219542)   #51
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SVG is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
you should tell mark petch that, he's the one who bought it up
Peckstar,

I apologise for taking your name in vain. I do try to direct my reply's to the subject matter in anything I post, and sincerely regret that I did not do this with my last two post's.

Whilst I understand your sense of rage over what happened with SVG, however, I also do not think that gives you any moral right to call him insulting names.

"Liar" if you must, but as you yourself have said in one recent post, none of us will ever know the truth. Let me also say that also applies to myself, for as close to Shane and his Dad, as I am, I was not present at any meeting between SVG and Ross.

What I do believe is true, is that SVG had no idea the Ross was contemplating selling out/switching to a brand with unknown potential, when he negotiated his new contract with Ross.

Pecstar, if just for one moment you could put yourself in SVG's shoes, what do you think you would have done, when only mere weeks, after signing your new contract, you find out your mentor is not only selling out but effectively removing any real hope you had of consistently getting on the podium the following year?

Mark.
Old 17 Mar 2013, 02:13 (Ref:3219756)   #52
rustyinsthoz
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
rustyinsthoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
Hi 'Niko',

Having been robbed of the win in the first heat with a major gearbox problem, as in no teeth left on 6th gear, Shane's win today was just classical raw talent showing through. So I think its fairly safe to say that Pecstars favourite "little T" will be on the podium on a fairly consistent basis this year.

Mark.
I think a T8 built car might have helped as well.
Old 17 Mar 2013, 02:16 (Ref:3219760)   #53
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Meantime, the R3 result has been scrubbed due to a non-conforming engine timing setting..

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 17 Mar 2013, 02:20 (Ref:3219764)   #54
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems a bit silly to exclude people on technical infringements that have no performance gains. I would've thought that individual driver fines would be more appropriate.
Old 17 Mar 2013, 02:33 (Ref:3219770)   #55
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
they should change the rules just because he is a kiwi.

3 non finishes now
Old 17 Mar 2013, 02:59 (Ref:3219790)   #56
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HProject View Post
Seems a bit silly to exclude people on technical infringements that have no performance gains. I would've thought that individual driver fines would be more appropriate.

The 'driver' didn't set the timing. It was a 'team' error, so the team suffered the consequences.

An infringement of any rule is an infringement, performance related or not!
Old 17 Mar 2013, 03:05 (Ref:3219792)   #57
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumNick View Post
The 'driver' didn't set the timing. It was a 'team' error, so the team suffered the consequences.

I meant to say individual "team" fines

Awesome to see McLaughlin getting up there! Kiwi's have now won 5 from 6
Old 17 Mar 2013, 03:05 (Ref:3219793)   #58
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumNick View Post

Exactly - performance gain has nothing to do with it - a car is either within the regulations or it is not, end of story.
Old 17 Mar 2013, 22:58 (Ref:3220276)   #59
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
3 non finishes now
and yet he's still Top 10 in the Championship standings.... what a driver.
Old 17 Mar 2013, 23:13 (Ref:3220293)   #60
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Gee this has been fun.

A continuation of the same arguments from the other thread.

Time to close..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Closed Thread