Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 15 Oct 2009, 03:11 (Ref:2561699)   #26
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOTHFAIRY View Post
Yep right on ! trust a good historic racer to pick that. Go to www.elliotbarbourracing.com.au. to see what he's all about. By the way Elliot Gobblett aka [Jack], is a great mate of ours ' no He's not named after him.
Nice website...but get some YouTubes up...incar etc...

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 15 Oct 2009, 07:02 (Ref:2561757)   #27
Mak
Veteran

Mak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yep right on ! trust a good historic racer to pick that. Go to www.elliotbarbourracing.com.au. to see what he's all about. By the way Elliot Gobblett aka [Jack], is a great mate of ours ' no He's not named after him.
If you are all so experienced, why has his previous experience been in less competetive saloon car racing and not in competetve national single seater champinships.. In case you have not noticed all top touring car drivers now come through those ranks. Sure you can get into V8's with the funding but you will never make it these days with out that experience.
Old 15 Oct 2009, 09:27 (Ref:2561803)   #28
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Silver 3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mak View Post
If you are all so experienced, why has his previous experience been in less competetive saloon car racing and not in competetve national single seater champinships.. In case you have not noticed all top touring car drivers now come through those ranks. Sure you can get into V8's with the funding but you will never make it these days with out that experience.
You make incorrect statements and state them as a if they are facts---you have done this above and a lot of others in this thread.
There are guys out there that were not able to afford F/Ford and have to go other ways-- there is no "right" way.
Some paths may be preferred-- but your logic is flawed.Plenty have followed "your" method that have had everything in the way of resources going for them and have not gone close to making it.
In reality if you go thru Bathurst list the numbers that have not followed "your right way" are about evenly split.
While I am at it-- there are a number of drivers around that are well respected ( at a level below V8 Supertaxis) that would kill 1/2 the field if they got the opportunity. So instead of pointing out the "bleedin blind obvious" how about we all be a bit encouraging to all for having a go.
In this particular case he is coming from a very competative class and in his 2 years has really done everything expected-and a bit more.He is alot of fun driver to watch racing .A couple of others who are in or have been in this class are also extraordinarily capable-- one of whom also used to beat Holdworth regularly( he is same age) in those formative classes( as you said "saloons" in that condacending way.
By the way-- are you not the same bloke that was so adamant those A1 cars were going to show up next week? Credibility is an interesting issue isn't it?
Old 15 Oct 2009, 13:12 (Ref:2561944)   #29
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Never heard of him - not to say I don't want him to do well. Good luck with everything toothfairy. I hope it all works out.
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 15 Oct 2009, 14:46 (Ref:2561999)   #30
Mak
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver 3 View Post
You make incorrect statements and state them as a if they are facts---you have done this above and a lot of others in this thread.
There are guys out there that were not able to afford F/Ford and have to go other ways-- there is no "right" way.
Some paths may be preferred-- but your logic is flawed.Plenty have followed "your" method that have had everything in the way of resources going for them and have not gone close to making it.
In reality if you go thru Bathurst list the numbers that have not followed "your right way" are about evenly split.
While I am at it-- there are a number of drivers around that are well respected ( at a level below V8 Supertaxis) that would kill 1/2 the field if they got the opportunity. So instead of pointing out the "bleedin blind obvious" how about we all be a bit encouraging to all for having a go.
In this particular case he is coming from a very competative class and in his 2 years has really done everything expected-and a bit more.He is alot of fun driver to watch racing .A couple of others who are in or have been in this class are also extraordinarily capable-- one of whom also used to beat Holdworth regularly( he is same age) in those formative classes( as you said "saloons" in that condacending way.
By the way-- are you not the same bloke that was so adamant those A1 cars were going to show up next week? Credibility is an interesting issue isn't it?

These days all the main teams expect single seater success. It is because of the experience it gives in car setup ect.. It is also much cheaper than gaining experience in Development series and much better value for money when you consider milage that you do and also crash damage costs. By the way I was not being condesending of saloons just believe it is not the ideal way to go if you lookin at a professional career in V8's these days. By the way I have not had a close look at the driver list for Bathurst but at a glance nearly all have single seater background. Please prove me wrong..
Also check my previous post on A! as you will find it has definately not been my opinion< infact when the deal was originally anounced i questioned their future>
When you say one used to beat Holdsworth, means nothing when drivers develop differently and that is the point of this disscussion. Development of drivers.
Old 15 Oct 2009, 18:39 (Ref:2562161)   #31
TOOTHFAIRY
Rookie

TOOTHFAIRY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
MAK, Raced Go Karts at Oakleigh for 3yrs, 3rd outright in juniour National heavy, Most improved driver, but at 14 was 6ft, and 20kg over in weight, so a huge height and weight disadvantage, in 100cc racing, now 6ft3, to big for F/F etc could drive a Minda car anytime, but would be disadvantaged due to his size. I find open wheeler racing very expensive, if you want to be at the pointy end 150k per season at least, and your exposure aint that great, and have had mates killed and maimed to many times in open wheelers to want to race them.
Old 15 Oct 2009, 22:08 (Ref:2562307)   #32
Ironmike
Rookie

Australia
Australia
Ironmike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
MAK, Raced Go Karts at Oakleigh for 3yrs, 3rd outright in juniour National heavy, Most improved driver, but at 14 was 6ft, and 20kg over in weight, so a huge height and weight disadvantage, in 100cc racing, now 6ft3, to big for F/F etc could drive a Minda car anytime, but would be disadvantaged due to his size. I find open wheeler racing very expensive, if you want to be at the pointy end 150k per season at least, and your exposure aint that great, and have had mates killed and maimed to many times in open wheelers to want to race them.

I'm 6ft2 and a half and race a FFord Duratec (Spectrum) same chassis as Minda's and fit in there fine - we've made some changes to the pedal box to fit me in. I'm not super comfortable in there and get a few bruises, but hey, it's a race car, it's not built for comfort.

Open wheeler racing is very expensive I agree with you and there are dangers involved. Although FFord in probably the most common way to climb the ranks it doesn't mean that it is the only way to improve and some members have already pointed that out

As I've already mentioned, good luck with it all. There are a lot of armchair experts that 'seem' to know everything (not directed at any members here), but unless you have a go and try it out, how are you supposed to know if you're any good. Everything if harder than it looks. I'll be keeping an eye on his progress and hope he does well and enjoys it.
Old 15 Oct 2009, 22:35 (Ref:2562321)   #33
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Quote:
By the way I have not had a close look at the driver list for Bathurst but at a glance nearly all have single seater background. Please prove me wrong..

When you say one used to beat Holdsworth, means nothing when drivers develop differently and that is the point of this disscussion. Development of drivers.
\\

Jono Webb, David Wall, Mark Skaife,Holdsworth -- just a couple before I even start to look at the list.
BTW Webb had same issue as Elliot--too big to fit in open wheeler.
I do not disagree about different development-- but that argument in this case has no legs.You put up the money to give any of my nominees a fair tryout and I will pay you back if I am proved to be wrong!
Old 15 Oct 2009, 22:42 (Ref:2562326)   #34
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmike View Post
I'm 6ft2 and a half and race a FFord Duratec (Spectrum) same chassis as Minda's and fit in there fine - we've made some changes to the pedal box to fit me in. I'm not super comfortable in there and get a few bruises, but hey, it's a race car, it's not built for comfort.

Open wheeler racing is very expensive I agree with you and there are dangers involved. Although FFord in probably the most common way to climb the ranks it doesn't mean that it is the only way to improve and some members have already pointed that out

As I've already mentioned, good luck with it all. There are a lot of armchair experts that 'seem' to know everything (not directed at any members here), but unless you have a go and try it out, how are you supposed to know if you're any good. Everything if harder than it looks. I'll be keeping an eye on his progress and hope he does well and enjoys it.
Your about 2" wide though?? (no offense intended) Nice comments and very fair .

It is the armchair experts here that have not even been in a racing Kart--let alone all the issues that arise in racing and DRIVING a car that are so quick to condemn any triers that do not meet their blueprint.
Old 16 Oct 2009, 00:12 (Ref:2562363)   #35
Ironmike
Rookie

Australia
Australia
Ironmike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Your about 2" wide though?? (no offense intended) Nice comments and very fair .

hahaha, yeah. I would say that I'm lean (as would everyone else I know). It helps my aero when I'm walking around

Actually it's an interesting point, I was talking to a fellow driver the other day about how the FFords are very limited space wise and with how tall young people are these days it really does limit who can drive these cars a little bit more (i.e. money and other issues already restrict who can drive these cars). Maybe the FFord category need to look at some options in the regs to allow bigger people (taller or wider) to fit in to these awesome machines.

Back on topic, please let us know Toothfairy when something is confirmed and you are allowed to comment so we can keep up to date with the progress
Old 16 Oct 2009, 00:21 (Ref:2562367)   #36
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I never knock personally any driver trying to make a go of it and using what they have at their disposal and doing the best they can with it. That's what I have done and you do what you can to make a good career for yourself.

If you do have a look at pro drivers, there is no single "correct" path in that you do 2 years of this, 2 years of that and so on.

Also having funding is only one part of the whole driving pie. There are tons of drivers out there that have had huge sums of money blown on them with nothing to show for it.

In addition I believe having some diverse experiences is a big help in learning new driving skills and expanding a drivers skills set. In the extreme example, nelson piquet jr. raced almost exclusively in his family team and bought and paid for by daddy, so when he got to F1 he was a lost lamb. To me there is nothing wrong with racing all sorts of different cars, much like the old days. Being challenged is good.
Old 16 Oct 2009, 00:52 (Ref:2562384)   #37
TOOTHFAIRY
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmike View Post

THANKS AGAIN IRONMIKE, WERE TRYING!!!
Old 16 Oct 2009, 01:04 (Ref:2562392)   #38
TOOTHFAIRY
Rookie

Quote:
\\

Jono Webb, David Wall, Mark Skaife,Holdsworth -- just a couple before I even start to look at the list.
I do not disagree about different development-- but that argument in this case has no legs.You put up the money to give any of my nominees a fair tryout and I will pay you back if I am proved to be wrong!
HI SILVER3, Nice to see some positives coming out of this forum, THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT, we will get there, just bloody hard!!! But good things come to those who wait! [just a bit tired of waiting]
Old 16 Oct 2009, 01:35 (Ref:2562401)   #39
abr944
Racer

abr944 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Elliot is a good young driver with lots of good backing and i hope to see him in the fujitsu series next year. He has done well in his porsche and he leads the series with one round to go.People should check out his web site.
Old 16 Oct 2009, 02:16 (Ref:2562413)   #40
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
\\

Steve Johnson was the first one I thought of. He did surprisingly well in karts for a bloke of his size, but never raced open wheelers. Brad Jones and Glenn Seton both went from karts to sedans and have never raced open wheelers, they did alright.
Old 16 Oct 2009, 02:29 (Ref:2562425)   #41
abr944
Racer

abr944 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A lot of old school drivers never even went from go karts to ff to tin tops...and to say that ff is a stepping stone??? to what? how many ff drivers have gone on to f3 or f1 or indy cars for that matter.Most end up in tin tops....would stand to reason that if you start in cars and do well in cars....that is natural progression i thought?
Elliot improves every time he races....that is what counts.
Old 16 Oct 2009, 10:48 (Ref:2562628)   #42
Mak
Veteran

Quote:
\\

Mark Skaife did do single seaters and even raced F3000 (with the championship winning team, SuperNova) in Europe?? Don't know much about the other 3. Then all those at the front of V8's are from single seater's.
I understand the size issue making it difficult. But I think at 20kg it would be hard to find a top professional team willing to run the extra weight. Possibly not fair, but the way it is.
As far as formula cars being more dangerous, I beg to differ, I think all racing is dangerous, and most saloons cars even more so if derived from road car and not purpose built for racing.
You obviously have the money to pay me back, so as the saying goes put your money where your mouth is... I do not mean to be rude just stating a fact. If I had the money I know plenty of drivers who have devoted their life to racing and not been handed it on a plate from there dads.
Old 16 Oct 2009, 11:14 (Ref:2562642)   #43
Dasher
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
Dasher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Mark Skaife did do single seaters and even raced F3000 (with the championship winning team, SuperNova) in Europe?? Don't know much about the other 3. Then all those at the front of V8's are from single seater's.
I understand the size issue making it difficult. But I think at 20kg it would be hard to find a top professional team willing to run the extra weight. Possibly not fair, but the way it is.
As far as formula cars being more dangerous, I beg to differ, I think all racing is dangerous, and most saloons cars even more so if derived from road car and not purpose built for racing.
You obviously have the money to pay me back, so as the saying goes put your money where your mouth is... I do not mean to be rude just stating a fact. If I had the money I know plenty of drivers who have devoted their life to racing and not been handed it on a plate from there dads.
Lee Holdsworth also did Formula Ford in 05 or 06 as well as Commodore Cup in 03-04.
Old 16 Oct 2009, 20:41 (Ref:2562950)   #44
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
I realize some did open wheelers --they did not start there --that was my point.The idea that Karts-F/F - Supertaxi was the only carrer path open was the point I was disputing.
Some of the guys I have in mind would put ANY race car up the front.The point being that it would not be because they drove an open wheel car. Case in very relevent point--SamAbay came from the same 944 Category(was amongst front-not dominant) jumped in F-3 and was immediately close to the front.Was it F3 that made him that way--or did he come with those skills?
Funnily enough the old fashioned purist ideas you are expressing are not dissimilar to my own sentiments-but as time goes on the ideal world concept changes a little!Personally I would prefer to see peoples imagination excited with open wheel cars- but the reality is different.
Old 16 Oct 2009, 21:15 (Ref:2562962)   #45
Mak
Veteran

Quote:
I realize some did open wheelers --they did not start there --that was my point.The idea that Karts-F/F - Supertaxi was the only carrer path open was the point I was disputing.
Some of the guys I have in mind would put ANY race car up the front.The point being that it would not be because they drove an open wheel car. Case in very relevent point--SamAbay came from the same 944 Category(was amongst front-not dominant) jumped in F-3 and was immediately close to the front.Was it F3 that made him that way--or did he come with those skills?
Funnily enough the old fashioned purist ideas you are expressing are not dissimilar to my own sentiments-but as time goes on the ideal world concept changes a little!Personally I would prefer to see peoples imagination excited with open wheel cars- but the reality is different.
Sam Abay actually had two seasons driving in Asian and European Formula BMW prior to doing Formula 3 and extensive karting. I think we should drop this line as obviously its meant to be about a new driver hoping to do Development series. He is doing his best and the weight/size issue probably means the saloon car is his best choice. Not sure if V8's are right as Sport GT's maybe more suitable aim.

just like to add, maybe 15 years ago you could easily come throught the saloon series to touring cars, but these days with the rigidity and higher technical apects, it has become more important to have open wheel experience.
Old 17 Oct 2009, 01:38 (Ref:2563048)   #46
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Quote:
Sam Abay actually had two seasons driving in Asian and European Formula BMW prior to doing Formula 3 and extensive karting. I think we should drop this line as obviously its meant to be about a new driver hoping to do Development series. He is doing his best and the weight/size issue probably means the saloon car is his best choice. Not sure if V8's are right as Sport GT's maybe more suitable aim.

just like to add, maybe 15 years ago you could easily come throught the saloon series to touring cars, but these days with the rigidity and higher technical apects, it has become more important to have open wheel experience.
My last word on this diversion-- you keep making incorrect statements-- Sam Abay -- went from Karts to 944 ,then F3(inAust) then BMW Asia,from BMW to F3.Fact. Your assertions don't hold up.
Not many paid gigs in Australia beyond Supertaxis.
Old 17 Oct 2009, 05:59 (Ref:2563084)   #47
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Skaife did Formula Holden, at Fred Gibson's insistence I believe, specifically to teach him what sedans could not.

Of the present day full-timers, this was their career paths, I'll leave it in this instance to allow others to draw conclusions:
Jamie Whincup: Karts, Formula Ford, V8 Supercars
Gart Tander: Karts, Formula Ford, V8 Supercars
Jason Bargwanna: Karts, Formula Vee, Group A Touring Cars, Formula Ford, Formula Holden, V8 Supercars
Alex Davison: Karts, Formula Ford, German Carrera Cup, Le Mans Endurance Series, V8 Supercars
Mark Winterbottom: Karts, Formula Ford, Fujitsu Series, V8 Supercars
Steven Richards: Karts, Formula Ford, Production Cars, Super Touring, V8 Supercars, British Touring Car Championship, V8 Supercars
Todd Kelly: Karts, Formula Ford, Formula Holden, V8 Supercars
Jason Richards: Karts, Mini 7, Formula Ford, Schedule S, Super Touring, V8 Supercars
Shane Van Gisbergen: Karts, Formula Vee, Formula Ford, Toyota Racing Series, V8 Supercars
Paul Dumbrell: Karts, Production Cars, Formula Holden, Fujitsu Series, V8 Supercars
Jack Perkins: Karts, Formula Ford, Fujitsu Series, V8 Supercars
Dean Fiore: Karts, Formula Ford, Carrera Cup, V8 Supercars
Cameron McConville: Karts, Formula Ford, GT-Production Cars, Super Touring, V8 Supercars
Rick Kelly: Karts, Formula Ford, Formula Holden, V8 Supercars
Mark McNally: Formula Ford, Fujitsu Series
Steven Johnson: Karts, Sports Sedans, V8 Supercars
James Courtney: Karts, Europe Karts, UK Formula Ford, UK Formula 3, Formula 1 testing, Japan Formula 3, Formula Nippon, Super GT, V8 SUpercars
Will Davison: Karts, Formula Ford, UK Formula Renault, UK Formula 3, Formula 1 testing, A1 Grand Prix, V8 Supercars
David Reynolds: Karts, Formula Ford, Carrera Cup, Fujitsu Series, V8 Supercars
Jason Bright: Karts, Formula Ford, US Formula 2000, Formula Holden, V8 Supercars, Indy Lights, Champ Car, V8 Supercars
Lee Holdsworth: Karts, Commodore Cup, Fujitsu Series, Formula Ford, V8 Supercars
Michael Caruso: Karts, Formula Ford, Formula 3, Fujistu Series, V8 Supercars
Russell Ingall: Karts, Formula Ford, UK Formula Ford, German Formula 3, NZ Formula Ford, UK Formula Ford, Japan Formula 3, UK Formula Renault, V8 Supercars
Tony D'Alberto: Karts, Formula Ford, Fujitsu Series, V8 Supercars
Tim Slade: Karts, Formula 3, Formula Ford, Fujitsu Series, V8 Supercars
Michael Patrizi: Karts, Formula Ford, Asia Formula BMW, UK Formula BMW, US Formula Atlantic, Euro Formula 3, V8 Supercars
Fabian Coulthard: Karts, Formula Ford, UK Formula Renault, Carrera Cup, V8 Supercars
Craig Lowndes: Karts, Formula Ford, Formula Holden, V8 Supercars, Formula 3000, V8 Supercars

Aussies overseas:
Mark Webber: Karts, Aus Formula Ford, UK FOrmula Ford, UK Formula 3, FIA GT, Formula 3000, Formula 1
Marcos Ambrose: Karts, Formula Ford, UK Formula Ford, Euro Formula Ford, French Formula 3, UK Formula 3, V8 Supercars, NASCAR Trucks, NASCAR Lights, NASCAR
Ryan Briscoe: Karts, Europe Karts, Italy Formula Renault, German Formula 3, Formula 3000, Formula 1 testing, Euro Formula 3, Indy Racing League, Champ Cars, American Le Mans Series, Indy Racing League
Will Power: Karts, Formula Ford, Formula 3, Formula Holden, UK Formula 3, World Series Renault, A1 Grand Prix, Champ Cars, Indy Racing League
John Martin: Karts, Formula Ford, UK Formula Ford, UK Formula 3, A1 Grand Prix, Superleague Formula, World Series by Renault
Daniel Ricciardo: Karts, Formula Ford, UK Formula BMW, ASia Formula BMW, Italy Formula Renault, Euro Formula Renault, UK Formula 3, World Series Renault
James Davison: Karts, Formula Ford, US Formula BMW, US Formula Atlantic, Star Mazda, Indy Lights
Tim Blanchard: Karts, Formula Ford, UK Formula Ford
Nathan Antunes: Karts, Formula Ford, UK Formula BMW, Euro Formula Renault, German Formula 3, A1 Grand Prix
Chris Wootten: Karts, Asia Formula BMW
Christian Jones: Karts, Formula Ford, UK Palmer Audi, Nations Cup GT, Formula 3, Asia Formula 3, Asia Carrera Cup
Old 17 Oct 2009, 10:43 (Ref:2563176)   #48
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If you put the F1 test in for Will Davison Falc how come none for Will Power?
Old 17 Oct 2009, 20:43 (Ref:2563376)   #49
Mak
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcadore View Post
Skaife did Formula Holden, at Fred Gibson's insistence I believe, specifically to teach him what sedans could not.

Of the present day full-timers, this was their career paths, I'll leave it in this instance to allow others to draw conclusions:
Jamie Whincup: Karts, Formula Ford, V8 Supercars
Gart Tander: Karts, Formula Ford, V8 Supercars
Jason Bargwanna: Karts, Formula Vee, Group A Touring Cars, Formula Ford, Formula Holden, V8 Supercars
Alex Davison: Karts, Formula Ford, German Carrera Cup, Le Mans Endurance Series, V8 Supercars
Mark Winterbottom: Karts, Formula Ford, Fujitsu Series, V8 Supercars
Steven Richards: Karts, Formula Ford, Production Cars, Super Touring, V8 Supercars, British Touring Car Championship, V8 Supercars
Todd Kelly: Karts, Formula Ford, Formula Holden, V8 Supercars
Jason Richards: Karts, Mini 7, Formula Ford, Schedule S, Super Touring, V8 Supercars
Shane Van Gisbergen: Karts, Formula Vee, Formula Ford, Toyota Racing Series, V8 Supercars
Paul Dumbrell: Karts, Production Cars, Formula Holden, Fujitsu Series, V8 Supercars
Jack Perkins: Karts, Formula Ford, Fujitsu Series, V8 Supercars
Dean Fiore: Karts, Formula Ford, Carrera Cup, V8 Supercars
Cameron McConville: Karts, Formula Ford, GT-Production Cars, Super Touring, V8 Supercars
Rick Kelly: Karts, Formula Ford, Formula Holden, V8 Supercars
Mark McNally: Formula Ford, Fujitsu Series
Steven Johnson: Karts, Sports Sedans, V8 Supercars
James Courtney: Karts, Europe Karts, UK Formula Ford, UK Formula 3, Formula 1 testing, Japan Formula 3, Formula Nippon, Super GT, V8 SUpercars
Will Davison: Karts, Formula Ford, UK Formula Renault, UK Formula 3, Formula 1 testing, A1 Grand Prix, V8 Supercars
David Reynolds: Karts, Formula Ford, Carrera Cup, Fujitsu Series, V8 Supercars
Jason Bright: Karts, Formula Ford, US Formula 2000, Formula Holden, V8 Supercars, Indy Lights, Champ Car, V8 Supercars
Lee Holdsworth: Karts, Commodore Cup, Fujitsu Series, Formula Ford, V8 Supercars
Michael Caruso: Karts, Formula Ford, Formula 3, Fujistu Series, V8 Supercars
Russell Ingall: Karts, Formula Ford, UK Formula Ford, German Formula 3, NZ Formula Ford, UK Formula Ford, Japan Formula 3, UK Formula Renault, V8 Supercars
Tony D'Alberto: Karts, Formula Ford, Fujitsu Series, V8 Supercars
Tim Slade: Karts, Formula 3, Formula Ford, Fujitsu Series, V8 Supercars
Michael Patrizi: Karts, Formula Ford, Asia Formula BMW, UK Formula BMW, US Formula Atlantic, Euro Formula 3, V8 Supercars
Fabian Coulthard: Karts, Formula Ford, UK Formula Renault, Carrera Cup, V8 Supercars
Craig Lowndes: Karts, Formula Ford, Formula Holden, V8 Supercars, Formula 3000, V8 Supercars

Aussies overseas:
Mark Webber: Karts, Aus Formula Ford, UK FOrmula Ford, UK Formula 3, FIA GT, Formula 3000, Formula 1
Marcos Ambrose: Karts, Formula Ford, UK Formula Ford, Euro Formula Ford, French Formula 3, UK Formula 3, V8 Supercars, NASCAR Trucks, NASCAR Lights, NASCAR
Ryan Briscoe: Karts, Europe Karts, Italy Formula Renault, German Formula 3, Formula 3000, Formula 1 testing, Euro Formula 3, Indy Racing League, Champ Cars, American Le Mans Series, Indy Racing League
Will Power: Karts, Formula Ford, Formula 3, Formula Holden, UK Formula 3, World Series Renault, A1 Grand Prix, Champ Cars, Indy Racing League
John Martin: Karts, Formula Ford, UK Formula Ford, UK Formula 3, A1 Grand Prix, Superleague Formula, World Series by Renault
Daniel Ricciardo: Karts, Formula Ford, UK Formula BMW, ASia Formula BMW, Italy Formula Renault, Euro Formula Renault, UK Formula 3, World Series Renault
James Davison: Karts, Formula Ford, US Formula BMW, US Formula Atlantic, Star Mazda, Indy Lights
Tim Blanchard: Karts, Formula Ford, UK Formula Ford
Nathan Antunes: Karts, Formula Ford, UK Formula BMW, Euro Formula Renault, German Formula 3, A1 Grand Prix
Chris Wootten: Karts, Asia Formula BMW
Christian Jones: Karts, Formula Ford, UK Palmer Audi, Nations Cup GT, Formula 3, Asia Formula 3, Asia Carrera Cup

Wow you certainly took this to heart!
Old 18 Oct 2009, 08:16 (Ref:2563540)   #50
Dasher
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
Dasher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just a couple you missed Falcadore but bloody good list though.

Steven Richards: Karts, Formula Ford, AUSCARS, Production Cars, Super Touring, V8 Supercars, British Touring Car Championship, V8 Supercars

Paul Dumbrell: Karts, COMMODORE CUP, AUSCARS, NASCAR Aus Production Cars, Formula Holden, Fujitsu Series, V8 Supercars