Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 29 Dec 2019, 06:05 (Ref:3948899)   #51
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
So sponsoring a motor racing team isn't a get rich quick scheme then?..
Where is Nathan Tinkler, ICS smart card, Daniel Tvetkoff, or any of the others when you need them.
Old 31 Dec 2019, 01:09 (Ref:3949136)   #52
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Back to the Caltex/Ampol service stations, I can remember at one stage in the 1970’s both Ampol and Caltex servo’s.

A new service station built near us in about 1975 was built by a young guy that had just finished his motor mechanics apprenticeship, and finished up as a Caltex retailer . Anyone remember CX-3 petrol?

Along that street we had Caltex, BP, Shell, Golden Fleece, Mobil and Ampol.

Didn’t Ampol have a Jolly Swagman promotion in the early 1970’s?
Old 2 Jan 2020, 22:45 (Ref:3949559)   #53
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post
Didn’t Ampol have a Jolly Swagman promotion in the early 1970’s?
Yep.

Off topic but the main drag in Benalla ended up with 3 Caltex's in 1km with an original Caltex, a Woolworth one built and when Mobil left retailing fuel that one turned into a Caltex as well

Speaking of Mobil I noticed the twin BP's on the Western Freeway out at Ballan have been rebranded as Mobil in recent times as well.
Old 3 Jan 2020, 13:04 (Ref:3949671)   #54
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post
Back to the Caltex/Ampol service stations, I can remember at one stage in the 1970’s both Ampol and Caltex servo’s.
Can remember my home town having both an Ampol and a Caltex back in the early to mid 90's. The Ampol was just around the corner from my home and the the owners became close family friends. (who I recently re-connected with) The Caltex was just on the town outskirts (was a truck-stop/roadhouse)