Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 9 Mar 2013, 03:37 (Ref:3216216)   #26
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappelli View Post
Why would she appear rude? She's very clearly not part of the telecast, not part of the conversation and given that she noted that she wasn't aware of SVG, how was she sure that he was aware of her when he had other things to focus on.... Equally, why would a person not afraid to speak their mind suddenly become concerned about appearing rude?

But hey, perhaps it's just a coincidence that her seat is set up in the pin point PERFECT position for someone wanting to eyeball SVG...
Well that's the thing here, nobody except BK truly knows if there was any gamesmanship going on on her behalf ?IF she was playing games, then there are many words that you could use instead of mole ?
Old 9 Mar 2013, 04:39 (Ref:3216227)   #27
Bell_End
Racer

Jamaica
Church Tower
Bell_End should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappelli View Post
Why would she appear rude? She's very clearly not part of the telecast, not part of the conversation and given that she noted that she wasn't aware of SVG, how was she sure that he was aware of her when he had other things to focus on.... Equally, why would a person not afraid to speak their mind suddenly become concerned about appearing rude?

But hey, perhaps it's just a coincidence that her seat is set up in the pin point PERFECT position for someone wanting to eyeball SVG...

Since when has one speaking their mind mean they are rude..

Also they are in the Erebus garage so she can sit where ever the **** she wants..
Old 16 Mar 2013, 08:46 (Ref:3219296)   #28
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickoGP View Post
I imagine he wanted to go off and race in NZ and do some drifting and other things to have a bit of fun. Seems the Webbs told him he was more than welcome to do that while racing in V8SC, so why wouldn't he sign up?

It's a smart move by them. I believe him when he says he wasn't planning to switch and just wanted a break. I do think the Erebus deal may have added to some of that as well, but I believe him.

In any case it doesn't matter. He's out there racing, with 2 poles and 1 race win to his name. Even if he doesn't win another race all year he's done better than 2012.
Hi 'Niko',

Having been robbed of the win in the first heat with a major gearbox problem, as in no teeth left on 6th gear, Shane's win today was just classical raw talent showing through. So I think its fairly safe to say that Pecstars favourite "little T" will be on the podium on a fairly consistent basis this year.

Mark.
Old 16 Mar 2013, 09:08 (Ref:3219303)   #29
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
Hi 'Niko',

Having been robbed of the win in the first heat with a major gearbox problem, as in no teeth left on 6th gear, Shane's win today was just classical raw talent showing through. So I think its fairly safe to say that Pecstars favourite "little T" will be on the podium on a fairly consistent basis this year.

Mark.
a liar with a trophy is still a liar
Old 16 Mar 2013, 09:24 (Ref:3219309)   #30
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
100% agree ... peckstar
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 16 Mar 2013, 09:28 (Ref:3219312)   #31
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR View Post
100% agree ... peckstar
and so does Pole sitter and Kiwi Fabian Coulthard
Old 16 Mar 2013, 09:32 (Ref:3219314)   #32
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
Hi 'Niko',

Mark.
oi, where you getting coverage from ?? would be keen to see his talent on show on the Melbourne streets.
Old 16 Mar 2013, 09:53 (Ref:3219324)   #33
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
and so does Pole sitter and Kiwi Fabian Coulthard
Where was that?

I recall Fabian saying that it was good to have him back in the category
Old 16 Mar 2013, 09:55 (Ref:3219325)   #34
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by HProject View Post
Where was that?

I recall Fabian saying that it was good to have him back in the category
you should read more than the first paragraph then
Old 16 Mar 2013, 09:58 (Ref:3219326)   #35
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
you should read more than the first paragraph then
I'm only quoting as much as you are, aren't I? The entire interview (I assume you're referring to the radio interview) was a lot more jovial than you're portraying it to be.
Old 16 Mar 2013, 10:01 (Ref:3219328)   #36
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
I'm only quoting as much as you are, aren't I? The entire interview (I assume you're referring to the radio interview) was a lot more jovial than you're portraying it to be.
and yet he used the words "lie" or "liar" more than once
Old 16 Mar 2013, 10:06 (Ref:3219331)   #37
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
and yet he used the word lie more than once
Which proves....well nothing.

My parents lied to me about the existence of Santa and the tooth fairy for many, many years (I never bought the Easter Bunny argument. Way too implausible). Perhaps I should angrily rant about it online too
Old 16 Mar 2013, 10:15 (Ref:3219332)   #38
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Which proves....well nothing.

My parents lied to me about the existence of Santa and the tooth fairy for many, many years (I never bought the Easter Bunny argument. Way too implausible). Perhaps I should angrily rant about it online too
if your happy with him lying to you, then well done you

me (and others) dont think that way
Old 16 Mar 2013, 10:21 (Ref:3219337)   #39
Downoz
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Downoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any way it is looking good this year, Van Giz 2, Coulthard 2, Lowndes 1, Ford, Nissan, Erebus 0.

Not aa SVG fan, but admire his talent, but have to say that was a pretty handy drive today.
Old 16 Mar 2013, 10:36 (Ref:3219346)   #40
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downoz View Post
Any way it is looking good this year, Van Giz 2, Coulthard 2, Lowndes 1, Ford, Nissan, Erebus 0.

Not aa SVG fan, but admire his talent, but have to say that was a pretty handy drive today.
it certanly was a handy drive.

We have often been told about his wet weather driving and he did some in his early days in v8s, but in the last few years has often been not that special in the wet.

still even today he might have been lucky, had an off

he made an interesting pass in the wet in the 12 hour
Old 16 Mar 2013, 10:37 (Ref:3219348)   #41
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
if your happy with him lying to you, then well done you

me (and others) dont think that way
I tend to consider it badly-played spin. SVG himself indicated in his Adelaide interview that the team were the ones who wanted him to play the 'burnt out' angle. Perhaps you could direct more of your negative feeling towards the likes of the Stones - balance things out a bit more fairly.

If you're this hurt over spin, I'd hate to hear your thoughts on political figures and CEO's.

Myself and others also feel this way Two drivers got the lions-share of fan attention and praise at round one the V8 SuperTourers, one of them was Shane (the other of course being Mr. Murphy). New Zealand is still very much on Shane's side.

Today's drive from Shane was insane. 12.6 seconds margin, built up after starting 9th and going off the track, surely is unprecedented in the Supercars. Sidelining all this silly 'Days Of Our Lives' stuff, surely we can all agree that his performance today was something awesome.
Old 16 Mar 2013, 10:41 (Ref:3219349)   #42
krypto71
Racer

krypto71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For those taking the hard line saying SVG is a liar etc, when do you expect you will get over that? Will you keep it up til the end of the year? Until his former team actually tries to remove him from the series? Into next year?

I personally feel that the competition he brings makes the series far more entertaining. I don't really care for the politics surrounding his contract. I think this series needs SVG to be out there. Until I'm required to walk in his shoes, I'm not judging him. Sure other drivers may rather see him out of the series. Of course they would. Hes giving many of them a whooping. Me, I have no other involvement than watch the racing, and I'm fairly sure that its a good thing for me as a spectator for Shane to be in that car.

I've never been a huge SVG fan, but that is mainly due to my #1 driver, Jason Bright not getting the FG until the #9 was replaced back in 2010.

Good luck Shane, I'm enjoying your performances. I can see you have the potential to challenge 888 this year, all the way to the end.

I still hope Brighty beats you though!
Old 16 Mar 2013, 10:46 (Ref:3219353)   #43
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I read and saw the press releases Mr van Gisbergen did late last year, about his retirement.

I don't feel lied to. Why? Because it doesn't affect me whatsoever whether he races or not, or whose contract he breached.

Some people are just carrying a chip on their shoulder for want of something better to whinge about.
Old 16 Mar 2013, 10:52 (Ref:3219357)   #44
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by krypto71 View Post

Good luck Shane, I'm enjoying your performances. I can see you have the potential to challenge 888 this year, all the way to the end.

I still hope Brighty beats you though!
your talking like he reads these forums Lol!
Old 16 Mar 2013, 10:56 (Ref:3219358)   #45
krypto71
Racer

krypto71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
your talking like he reads these forums Lol!
Thanks for your intelligent input.
Old 16 Mar 2013, 10:59 (Ref:3219359)   #46
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
I read and saw the press releases Mr van Gisbergen did late last year, about his retirement.

I don't feel lied to. Why? Because it doesn't affect me whatsoever whether he races or not, or whose contract he breached.

Some people are just carrying a chip on their shoulder for want of something better to whinge about.
you should tell mark petch that, he's the one who bought it up
Old 16 Mar 2013, 11:11 (Ref:3219365)   #47
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by krypto71 View Post
Thanks for your intelligent input.
your welcome cuz.
Old 16 Mar 2013, 19:26 (Ref:3219529)   #48
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Southern Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
"So don't lose sleep and don't get tears in your eyes"
Now where did I read that before.
Old 16 Mar 2013, 19:26 (Ref:3219532)   #49
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell_End View Post
Since when has one speaking their mind mean they are rude....
It doesn't.... although someone spoke their mind and called her a mole (which I'm sure we'll agree is rude).

Point is, it's also not logical that someone who isn't afraid of speaking their to be afraid of appearing rude because they left a seat that aside from not being in any way attached to the conversation, was also a seat that on the balance of propababilities, would appear less rude if she wasn't sitting in it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell_End View Post
Also they are in the Erebus garage so she can sit where ever the **** she wants..
Very true.... which makes sitting on the pitlane side, staring down the barrel of SVG's eyeline a very interesting accidental spot doesn't it..... the whole wide garage... scratch that, by her own admission she wasn't doing anything in particular that necessitated her being in the garage, so the whole wide complex.... the hospo suite, the transporter etc etc... and randomly, she plonks her bum in the only spot that's directly in SVG's eyeline....

I guess not being afraid of speaking your mind doesn't necessarily mean your not afraid to tell the truth.
Old 16 Mar 2013, 19:27 (Ref:3219533)   #50
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
For the Kiwi's who missed the race, it's been uploaded onto YouTube. The second race is also there. I know what I'll be watching over breakfast...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcOUwEr1pwg
Closed Thread