Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 10 Apr 2020, 09:58 (Ref:3969739)   #1
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Revival Retrospective

During the extended winter break, I have written two personal retrospectives of the Goodwood Revival

The first covers 1998-2015 - my Olympus years

https://www.pistonclick.com/the-goodwood-revival

The second covers 2016-19 - my Nikon years

https://www.pistonclick.com/the-good...vival-part-two

Hope they provide some happy memories ...
Old 10 Apr 2020, 10:55 (Ref:3969751)   #2
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
During the extended winter break, I have written two personal retrospectives of the Goodwood Revival

Got the joke in the Olympus vid. You can't pronounce Baccaruda. Can't remember where that was from, though!
Old 10 Apr 2020, 11:08 (Ref:3969753)   #3
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Got the joke in the Olympus vid. You can't pronounce Baccaruda. Can't remember where that was from, though!
https://m.youtube.com › watch
summer fun, the barracudas - YouTube ??
Old 10 Apr 2020, 11:10 (Ref:3969754)   #4
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

A wonderful piece of work you have done there .
I might have to look through that again & again .

PS , sorry about being pedantic after all of your work . The last pictures in the first part is Moss in a DB3S
Old 10 Apr 2020, 12:31 (Ref:3969774)   #5
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post
A wonderful piece of work you have done there .
I might have to look through that again & again .

PS , sorry about being pedantic after all of your work . The last pictures in the first part is Moss in a DB3S
Thank you - and of course it is - mea culpa - will be amended shortly.
Old 10 Apr 2020, 12:51 (Ref:3969776)   #6
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Thank you - and of course it is - mea culpa - will be amended shortly.
We won't win quizzes with that sort of error
Old 10 Apr 2020, 13:09 (Ref:3969780)   #7
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
We won't win quizzes with that sort of error
In my (somewhat shaky) defence, it's second place at Le Mans 1958 in the hands of the Whitehead brothers was three months before I was born

Now back to my revision !
Old 10 Apr 2020, 14:41 (Ref:3969801)   #8
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
In my (somewhat shaky) defence, it's second place at Le Mans 1958 in the hands of the Whitehead brothers was three months before I was born

Actually Graham Whitehead was one of my favourite drivers and I was chuffed when he took his privately owned Aston to second place. He was very good in sports cars, 2nd the first Goodwood 9 Hours driving a Ferrari.

I do feel deflated when I see the amount of work you put in to your project, totally beyond my capabilities.

Watch out RBS, only the Coronavirus can save you from certain defeat. We are coming or you.
Old 10 Apr 2020, 16:36 (Ref:3969839)   #9
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I was only aware of it as I help build some of those " Nasty Replicas " ..

Should be a picture of one I did at last years FOS .
https://i.ibb.co/f95LZMX/FOS-Display.jpg

The one up in the air .
Old 12 Apr 2020, 09:53 (Ref:3970256)   #10
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"for me, it’s about the racing, the racing and the racing; the fancy dress, the vehicle parades, the lifestyle merchandising are but a distraction." Couldn't agree more, I am lucky to have attended all but one Revival and for me it's all about the visceral impact of seeing superbly prepared cars driven by many of the world's top drivers at seemingly alarming speeds and very often angles!
Without doubt the finest spectating is to be found out at the far side of the circuit, I usually station myself at No Name on the approach to St Mary's away from the crowds and in the lee of some natural protection afforded by the trees behind giving a degree of cover from the predominately westerly rain clouds.
Sterling effort preparing your reports, thanks for the memories and great photographs meanwhile we'll have to satisfy our passion with the GRRC's Easter Monday broadcast in place of this year's Members Meeting which would have been my first.
Old 13 Apr 2020, 14:04 (Ref:3970578)   #11
macca
Racer

macca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In the DB3S with Sir Stirling in part 1 is Salvadori, not Brooks.

The white Ford Mk 4 is not the LM ‘67 winner which is red and is a non-runner (it was pushed on to the grid for the Dan Gurney celebration).

Like others, sorry to be pedantic, but very good photos; thank you.

Paul M
Old 13 Apr 2020, 15:43 (Ref:3970599)   #12
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
Quote:
Originally Posted by macca View Post
In the DB3S with Sir Stirling in part 1 is Salvadori, not Brooks.

The white Ford Mk 4 is not the LM ‘67 winner which is red and is a non-runner (it was pushed on to the grid for the Dan Gurney celebration).

Paul M
Thank you; happy to be corrected re Salvadori - will update shortly.

I tried to make it clear that the white Mk4 was not the winner but probably confused myself and others into the bargain !