Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 9 Feb 2001, 01:35 (Ref:63551)   #1
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
reading in "Auto Fiction" yesterday it looks as if the HRT line up for 2001 may cause some sparks to fly.

now im not going to say HRT will win no matter what (allthough they must be considered as favorites) I was wondering what people thought of the battle between Bright and Skaife.

who will win?
will there be contact??

Im not sure but I hope Jason takes the fight right up to Skaifey.basically because I would like to see Jason win the series and get the heck out of the country and go back to the USA and try for champcars again instead of wasting his time back here...but it wont be easy for him as Skaife is a top driver and has continity with the team and Jason hasnt driven much in a Commodore.
I think they will have a few run ins during the year but I believe this may come from jason just being super aggressive and trying to force the issue with Skaife but i think evenually this tactic will win as Skaife will opt out after a few taps..(Maybe...maybe not)

so for me..Jason will be HRT's man for 2001

what do you think ???
Old 9 Feb 2001, 01:57 (Ref:63558)   #2
TheDevil
Rookie

TheDevil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have no doubts Jason will be HRT's main man for 2001! This guy was bloody quick in a V8 a few years back. Just look at his year with stone brothers racing in the debut season of the Au falcon. Jason was putting that car on pole and winning races back then when guys last season couldnt even do that.

I think he will be the man to beat next season, although i hope, from a Ford supporters point of view, that he doesnt succeed!
Old 9 Feb 2001, 06:26 (Ref:63573)   #3
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TheDevil is is right - from a ford fans perspective, I also hope that Bright fails! But he is great driver, and will be up there with Skaife. It's going to be strange having someone other than Lowndes at HRT.
Old 10 Feb 2001, 10:39 (Ref:63869)   #4
V8crazy
Rookie

V8crazy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with Marcus, Brighty will be HRT's #1 driver for 2001. He was so close to the championship in 99, until the car died at the Qld 500. Of course Skaifey will try to pull rank as usual (I've been here longer so you have to do what I say), I thinks he shafts everyone doesn't he. But I really think Jason will be number one, at least I hope so
Old 10 Feb 2001, 11:19 (Ref:63876)   #5
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Help, I'm torn. I've been a fan of Skaife's for many many years and a fan of Bright's for a few years now too...

Who will win? No idea but it's gonna be fun to find out.
Old 10 Feb 2001, 12:09 (Ref:63885)   #6
redback
Racer

redback should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've been a Skaifey fan since the Nissan days (Godzilla-still the best ever) and I've been a fan of Brighty since '94 when he was running FFords. I'm a bit annoyed that my Pirtek T-shirt is a bit redundant now. I have never been a HRT fan but I was happy to see Skaife win this year because he has been overshadowed by the Clown for a few years now. So in other words I can't decide.

I think Bright is in a no win situation, i.e. if he does well it is because he is with HRT. If he doesn't do well it is because he is not as good as the Clown.

The Clown is in a no loose situation, i.e. if the Clown does well he is a bloody legend, if he doesn't the Ford is a bag of rubbish.

As for the 2001 V8's C'mon Seto pull the finger out
Old 11 Feb 2001, 23:14 (Ref:64280)   #7
Ray Singcar
Rookie

Ray Singcar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Skaife will crush Bright mentally...thats Skaifes strength. Bright is capable of quick times but not consistently, and then he fails under pressure and has no race craft..I am sorry to say that Skaife WILL ruin his career
Old 12 Feb 2001, 05:20 (Ref:64315)   #8
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
skaife will retire a 3 time champion - that is, his best is history and brighty will flog him, infact, todd kelly will give skaife a whipping to
Old 13 Feb 2001, 04:18 (Ref:64481)   #9
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
I think you guys are all cornfused. First you talk about Bright vs Skaife then next you flit over to one of them winning the series. Yep, one will beat the other, of that there is no doubt, But Craig will win the series.