Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 8 Jan 2010, 17:28 (Ref:2610092)   #226
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And The Stig also drives for Mercedes' F1 team in his spare time.
Old 8 Jan 2010, 20:24 (Ref:2610158)   #227
kelvin88
Veteran

United Kingdom
south east
kelvin88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Watched 5th Gear on Dave today whilst being snowed in, proper drivers doing some proper car stuff.
Old 8 Jan 2010, 20:29 (Ref:2610162)   #228
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Yeah and one of them ain't bad to look at either! (No I dont mean Tiff)
Old 8 Jan 2010, 20:35 (Ref:2610164)   #229
kelvin88
Veteran

United Kingdom
south east
kelvin88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Yeah and one of them ain't bad to look at either! (No I dont mean Tiff)
Plato?
Old 8 Jan 2010, 20:39 (Ref:2610165)   #230
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Yeah I have a thing about noses.
Old 22 Jan 2010, 06:31 (Ref:2617325)   #231
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post

If Clarkson really was on the very edge of a precipice into the abyss, where do you think the cameraman was?
Ok, have now watched it again. The first shot down into the 'abyss' you can see what the camera man is standing on. However as Born Racer said - good old editing... the 'wheel on the edge stuff' was clearly shot elsewhere. At no time can you see the white Landcruiser and the 'edge' in the same shot, they are quite deliberately framed - eg shot of rear of Landcruiser against rock face, pans across Range Rover but cuts away before 'edge' comes into frame.

Perhaps Clarkson is not that stupid after all
Old 22 Jan 2010, 11:58 (Ref:2617427)   #232
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought there were one or two long shots that showed both of them passing each other on the edge? It's been a while since I watched it though so I may be wrong!
Old 22 Jan 2010, 19:03 (Ref:2617695)   #233
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Clarkson was genuinely scared though, he must be a good actor if he wasn't.
Old 23 Jan 2010, 11:13 (Ref:2617977)   #234
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think I would be genuinely scared too ... at pretty much any point on that road...

You're right there were a couple of long shots of the Rangey and Land Cruiser together - that showed it was tight, but not as tight as the close-ups of the Rangey's wheel would suggest.

I also have a suspicion that Land Cruiser was a support vehicle for the trip, not some barmy local.
Old 28 Jan 2010, 07:57 (Ref:2620813)   #235
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
In the long shots the R-R's front tyre in particular was obscured by another rock outcrop or similar. The 'actual' pass would still have been tight enough I think, just not suicidal.
Old 2 Feb 2010, 19:58 (Ref:2625202)   #236
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcel82 View Post
I can't get why they decided to have a running gag on how their budget for the episode was low, and they'd have a hard time getting to an hour, but then didn't do the cool wall bit/ they hadn't done that this series, it would've prevented the show sliding off like it did (they dragged that elderly woman into the show, which nobody would've been interested in, and neither was she), and how expensive can it be to put a few car photos on some cardboard stuff?
One thing I have never understood is why some people are so passionate about the Cool Wall. It is a rubbish feature! All it involves is more staged bickering about the cars, and we have enough of that as it is. It adds nothing to the show, and since it is less frequently used now, perhaps the producers have realised this.
Old 2 Feb 2010, 20:06 (Ref:2625209)   #237
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Cool wall had some good audience interaction.
Old 2 Feb 2010, 20:08 (Ref:2625214)   #238
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
and pointed out that BMW and Audi drivers can't.
Old 2 Feb 2010, 21:17 (Ref:2625263)   #239
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I never minded the cool wall. They only did it once a season anyways.
Old 7 Feb 2010, 17:29 (Ref:2628647)   #240
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There's been paper talk that they're planning a film version - a round-the-world trip not dissimilar to Long Way Round. A circumnavigation of the globe, if you want to call it that

You can just imagine how that would start, can't you?

RH: "We had a meeting with the production team a few months and and we decided it would be a good idea to make a Top Gear film...unfortunately, Jeremy walked into the room..."

*grand intro with flashing lights, thunder, lightning and a giant airship shaped like the Stig's head"

JC: "Yes, I decided we should do a circumcision of the globe in a race against each other. Hammond down there is in a 20 year old Land Rover. Captain Slow is in a Fiat Panda...his Fiat Panda. The Stig is going to use up half the planet's oil in a Koenigsegg. And I will in be this giant balloon"

Last edited by jab; 7 Feb 2010 at 17:35.
Old 11 Feb 2010, 07:19 (Ref:2631208)   #241
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
A reminder for Aussies - Top Gear premieres on Tuesday, February 16 at 7:30pm on Channel Nine