Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 20 Jun 2017, 00:23 (Ref:3745388)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Cheese 2018 Virgin Australia Supercar Championship Calendar

A confirmation..

Provisional F1 Dates
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 20 Jun 2017, 06:54 (Ref:3745443)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Supercar Calendar To Be Completed By September

AGP to be 2nd round of the VASC series...
Old 20 Jun 2017, 11:08 (Ref:3745486)   #3
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
so the adelaide 500 will hopefully be on a couple of weeks before that
Old 24 Jun 2017, 21:23 (Ref:3746526)   #4
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Annual discussion re possible offshore races: Singapore bound?
Old 26 Jun 2017, 01:44 (Ref:3746852)   #5
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Annual discussion re possible offshore races: Singapore bound?
Correction: monthly discussion.
Old 10 Jul 2017, 12:49 (Ref:3750164)   #6
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
QR new 3 year deal
Old 10 Jul 2017, 12:59 (Ref:3750167)   #7
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The joint could do with some upgrades, that's for sure.

Pitlane infrastructure consisting of a row of carports, doesn't really cut it these days.
Old 10 Jul 2017, 23:53 (Ref:3750299)   #8
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Back to being a direct agreement between QR and VASA rather than between VASA/State govt/Ipswich council. Don't know how much difference that makes but it feels like a good thing.
Old 11 Jul 2017, 03:31 (Ref:3750315)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Back to being a direct agreement between QR and VASA rather than between VASA/State govt/Ipswich council. Don't know how much difference that makes but it feels like a good thing.
The council bloke who was pro-Supercar is not in the building anymore. Perhaps that is the difference?
Old 11 Jul 2017, 03:48 (Ref:3750318)   #10
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
The council bloke who was pro-Supercar is not in the building anymore. Perhaps that is the difference?

Could be but don't think so - the discussions/negotiations have been going on for quite a while (months) I believe. Interesting that Warbo mentioned the end of the agreement with state govt whereas before I thought that QR was kinda part of the GC/Townsville arrangement.
Old 12 Jul 2017, 19:39 (Ref:3750777)   #11
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Matt Ronke (ex Winton and Wakefield Park) is now part of the team at Queensland Raceway, not sure how much Matt had to do with the deal, but he certainly has the back-ground to negotiate the deal
Old 13 Jul 2017, 22:02 (Ref:3751025)   #12
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Supercars 2018 calendar taking shape

15, and maybe 16, events. the additiona of F1 , possibly singapore, possibly tailem bend

However i understand winton is contingent on some government support
Old 14 Jul 2017, 00:24 (Ref:3751035)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Wonder how much the REC income is increasing to cover the cost of additional events added to the calendar..
Old 14 Jul 2017, 00:34 (Ref:3751039)   #14
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Supercars 2018 calendar taking shape

However i understand winton is contingent on some government support
What would the government support be required for?

Are there any planned upgrade for the facilities at Winton?
Old 14 Jul 2017, 03:03 (Ref:3751060)   #15
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
What would the government support be required for?
Winton (to the best of my knowledge) is the only event where the track owner is the 'promoter, at other tracks it is 'Supercars' themselves, State or Local Government who are the promoter, or at least props up the event.

It is very difficult for tracks to run a profit due to the outgoings to put the event on, ever decreasing crowd numbers at all events is making it very difficult for 'promoters' to make a quid

Government support happened at many events to keep the track/promoter from going under

Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
Are there any planned upgrade for the facilities at Winton?
other than some very recent support for the track re-surfacing, 99.9% of anything spent at Winton has been spent by the car club that owns it. They make most of the money from events other than 'Supercars', the loss that quite often comes from running 'Supercars' is off-set by profits from other race meets / track hire / burnout type events / drifting
Old 14 Jul 2017, 05:05 (Ref:3751068)   #16
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
just my opinion, but i want them to start saturdays races a bit earlier, Its almost dark when they are finishing
Old 16 Jul 2017, 18:58 (Ref:3751957)   #17
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
won't happen, they need the crowds to stay to 'support' the support events, if the Supercars finished early then everyone would bugger off and no-one would be around to 'support' the support events - if that makes sense

Get them to turn their headlights on
Old 16 Jul 2017, 21:47 (Ref:3752028)   #18
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
won't happen, they need the crowds to stay to 'support' the support events, if the Supercars finished early then everyone would bugger off and no-one would be around to 'support' the support events - if that makes sense

But it happens on sundays, racing over at 4 support category afterwards
Old 16 Jul 2017, 23:01 (Ref:3752049)   #19
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post

I seem to recall that it's about TV times as well - the nearer they run to prime time (even on Foxtel) seems to be something they're looking for.

They can and do turn their headlights on of course but yeah, not much light to come out of them with the partial covers etc they all have.
Old 20 Jul 2017, 23:19 (Ref:3753210)   #20
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
To Be Announced At Bathurst
Old 20 Jul 2017, 23:49 (Ref:3753211)   #21
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Pretty standard isn't it Dave?
Old 3 Aug 2017, 22:22 (Ref:3757272)   #22
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Not a bad get...
Old 3 Aug 2017, 23:44 (Ref:3757277)   #23
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A very good get. And will probably pull a different demographic to the usual Supercar concerts.
Old 3 Aug 2017, 23:48 (Ref:3757278)   #24
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Seems everyone involved with Supercars at the moment, is pushing the barrow.
Old 4 Aug 2017, 00:58 (Ref:3757285)   #25
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Seems everyone involved with Supercars at the moment, is pushing the barrow.
"on a train bound for nowhere" to quote Kenny Rogers