Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 22 Oct 2017, 14:37 (Ref:3775630)   #1
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
2019 World Superbike Championship

Possible calendar: http://www.motorcyclenews.com/sport/...to-take-shape/

26/27 February - Phillip Island
Late March - Thailand
April - Aragon
April - Assen
April/May - Imola
26/27 May - Donington Park
9/10 June - Brno
June - Misano
Early July – Laguna Seca
Early September – Argentina
??? - Magny Cours
Mid-September - Portimao
Mid-October - Losail
Old 22 Oct 2017, 14:41 (Ref:3775631)   #2
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
The Argentina race is not at Termas de RÃ*o Hondo, but the Autódromo El Villicum in Alberdón, San Juan province.

http://www.diariomovil.info/2017/10/...o-proximo-ano/
Old 21 Nov 2017, 13:16 (Ref:3781948)   #3
Guidoh
Rookie

United Kingdom
Near Boroughbridge, North Yorkshire, UK
Guidoh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If my time at WSB and BSB was anything to go by, I wouldn't go booking flights just yet. I always waited until January before trusting that their calendars weren't going to change.
Old 21 Nov 2017, 15:49 (Ref:3781986)   #4
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
I wouldn't book a travel to the Argentina race until the previous month.
Old 6 Dec 2017, 08:58 (Ref:3785383)   #5
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Are Red Bull Honda planning on running a 2nd bike?

I see PJ Jacobsen is riding a Honda in SBK for a new team next year...
Old 6 Dec 2017, 09:23 (Ref:3785388)   #6
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Yes - I thought they were keeping Bradl to ride alongside Camier?
Old 6 Dec 2017, 14:52 (Ref:3785442)   #7
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
Yes - I thought they were keeping Bradl to ride alongside Camier?
Don't think that has been confirmed. Honda weren't thrilled with Bradl's attitude during the year. They'll definitely run 2 bikes. Guintolli is free so who knows.
Old 19 Feb 2018, 10:06 (Ref:3802332)   #8
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Season kicks off next weekend at Phillip Island with Camier hoping to make an impression on the Honda. Melandri looking quick in testing but will the Ducatis be able to take the fight to Rea on the Kawasaki? Davies grit and determination will be evident as usual, let's hope the Panigale is able to give us a real fight at the front. Lots to look forward to, bring it on!
Old 19 Feb 2018, 11:02 (Ref:3802350)   #9
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Apparently the change in regs' hampers Sykes riding style. Rea's probably going to walk it again. I hope the Ducatis and others can make him work for it.
Old 20 Feb 2018, 15:04 (Ref:3802667)   #10
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It's just a surprise no one in MotoGP has offered Rea a seat, as there's no reason why he can't do well in that season. Certainly he seems too good for WSBK
Old 20 Feb 2018, 18:45 (Ref:3802735)   #11
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not a surprise, he is probably on higher wages than everyone other than the factory riders, would not want to drop that. Was offered a Gresini Honda years ago but turned it down, his own fault.

He is exactly like Mat Mladin who had plenty of chances to quit AMA but wanted to stay, earn a fortune and win easy.

HAve no sympathy I am afraid, he would rather be a big fish in a tiny pond, but those that know will never rate him against his peers as he has little compeition.
Old 24 Feb 2018, 09:50 (Ref:3803568)   #12
merak1974
Racer

Norway
Oslo
merak1974 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow! Fantastic season opener at Phillip Island! http://www.worldsbk.com/en/

Who would have guessed that podium?
Old 24 Feb 2018, 10:48 (Ref:3803575)   #13
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
Promising start to the season. I really want to see Honda, Aprillia and Yamaha in the mix for wins though...
Old 24 Feb 2018, 18:43 (Ref:3803659)   #14
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Entertaining start to the season, I guess Melandri's flyweight stature helped in preserving his tyres where others faded towards the end. Very promising for a slightly more competitive season from all the top runners.
Old 25 Feb 2018, 08:17 (Ref:3803749)   #15
merak1974
Racer

Norway
Oslo
Another action packed race at Phillip Island! http://resources.worldsbk.com/files/...d5751fd79112ed.

Great to see Fores on the podium, and Camier on Honda and Lowes and van der Mark on Yamahas not far behind.
Old 25 Feb 2018, 08:30 (Ref:3803752)   #16
merak1974
Racer

Norway
Oslo
Marco Melandri looking like world champion material again
Old 25 Feb 2018, 18:26 (Ref:3803843)   #17
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by merak1974 View Post
Another action packed race at Phillip Island! http://resources.worldsbk.com/files/...d5751fd79112ed.

Great to see Fores on the podium, and Camier on Honda and Lowes and van der Mark on Yamahas not far behind.
Agreed, that second race was brilliant, all except Davies coming a cropper after the compulsory tyre change. The performance of all the top team augers well for an interesting season. I can only imagine how good the scrap at the front would have been at the end had we not lost the other Ducati.
Old 25 Feb 2018, 19:49 (Ref:3803862)   #18
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
two good races
hope it continues

Ciao Marco
Old 9 Mar 2018, 19:42 (Ref:3807128)   #19
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I caught up with the races today and while I enjoyed them overall, we've been here before i.e. Phillip Island producing fantastic racing only for the rest of the season to be somewhat of a letdown in terms of sheer competition. I'm not getting carried away just yet.

I'm not sure what to make of the raft of new regulations; essentially, BoP (whisper it) has come to WSBK. It seems the age of purist motorsport is well and truly dead and buried - when it comes to the major categories at any rate. I can't think of any major racing series where the need to attract diverse entrants by attempting to force a level playing field hasn't trumped the purity of motorsport. I've come to accept it over the years but it's a double-edged sword: you're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't.

My only persisting issue with it is that it can get silly and lack of transparency sometimes means one is never quite sure how level the playing field really is. Is what we're watching reality or a fudge?

Anyway, what about the tyre issues? I don't get Pirelli as a corporate entity. I never have. They seem to go out of their way to give the impression of dare I say it, incompetence or ineptitude. How many times can one corporation (the motorsport tyre division at any rate) claim exceptional unforeseen circumstances? Whatever happened to systems thinking/systems approach/systems engineering? Perhaps I'm being overly critical and the situation was really unforeseen this year, maybe tyres are required to made and shipped way in advance in which case they take guesses which sometime fail to meet expectation. It just feels like, it's always them.
Old 10 Mar 2018, 03:24 (Ref:3807178)   #20
Phillip Ireland
Rookie

Phillip Ireland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hear you, but Bridgestone had similar issues in 2013 and ran for cover : in consultation with Dorna they split the race into two club-distance sprints. If you recall, Mraquez was disqualified after running a lap too far in the first stanza. We were asking then, has nobody been down to the Island for a bit of pre-season testing to see which compounds/profiles will be best suited ? I can't believe PI is incredibly abrasive, or if so, that it's such a surprise every year.
Old 10 Mar 2018, 05:21 (Ref:3807182)   #21
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
they did testing at Philip Island just a week or so before the season.
maybe the weather conditions were much different for the races?

Ciao Marco
Old 10 Mar 2018, 13:09 (Ref:3807231)   #22
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Seems we're in for a good season if the first races are anything to go by, yes Rea had problems in the first race, but what a finish in the second race, shows he's not going to have it easy this season.
Old 26 Mar 2018, 11:15 (Ref:3810886)   #23
merak1974
Racer

Norway
Oslo
A podium in Thailand without Kawasaki (race 2); who would have predicted that?!

Good to see the Yamaha bikes on the podium in Thailand... and Davies back in winning form
Old 26 Mar 2018, 16:09 (Ref:3810976)   #24
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Great racing, great competition and pretty unpredictable, what more could you ask? In total contrast to F1, Superbikes both British and World along with Motogp is probably the most entertaining motor sport to watch.
Old 28 Mar 2018, 10:17 (Ref:3811452)   #25
S griffin
Veteran

What a great couple of races. What was up with Rea in race 2? It's good for the championship that he's not as invincible as the previous seasons. Good to see the Yamahas up there. Hopefully the rest of the season will be as good as the two meetings so far