Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 28 Sep 2016, 21:38 (Ref:3675792)   #1
GHOGH
Racer

GHOGH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Electric GT

Electric GT series - Tesla Model S as base.
http://www.electricgt.co/drivers-selection/

Be interesting if they change battery packs during race to see how quickly the pit crew can do this.
Drop the big wheel nut tool and pick up a nascar style fast wheel nut type tool.
Old 17 Feb 2017, 12:41 (Ref:3712825)   #2
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Some details here on the cars and provisional calendar. Season kicks off at Silverstone in August.

They have stripped 525kg from the standard car so performance looks fairly nuts.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/mo...ctric-gt-round
Old 17 Feb 2017, 13:48 (Ref:3712843)   #3
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The starts will be interesting

Wonder how long those races will end up being

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 17 Feb 2017, 13:55 (Ref:3712847)   #4
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
2 x 60km (2 x 37 miles)

60km is 10 laps of the GP circuit, 16 laps of the International circuit or 22 laps of the National circuit.
Old 17 Feb 2017, 20:33 (Ref:3712927)   #5
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Some details here on the cars and provisional calendar. Season kicks off at Silverstone in August.

They have stripped 525kg from the standard car so performance looks fairly nuts.

This actually looks to be more interesting to me than FE. I hope the first race will be broadcast online.
Old 18 Feb 2017, 21:43 (Ref:3713051)   #6
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
This actually looks to be more interesting to me than FE. I hope the first race will be broadcast online.
They got this covered, it seems:
Quote:
Each race will be streamable on YouTube, Twitch and Periscope, with a permanent live feed of every car's cockpit included.
Old 18 Feb 2017, 21:44 (Ref:3713052)   #7
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephaeton View Post
They got this covered, it seems:
Thanks! Looks like I need to read up a bit on the series.
Old 18 Feb 2017, 21:47 (Ref:3713054)   #8
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think it's interesting they aim at streaming via twitch, of all platforms. Periscope, youtube, ok, but a gaming streaming website? Anyways, pity the races are kinda short, but I suppose I'll be checking it out as well. And indeed, looks to have more interest potential than FE for the "traditional" racing fan.
Old 5 Aug 2017, 17:42 (Ref:3757590)   #9
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Forze Hydrogen Electric Racing competes this weekend in Assen in the Supercar Challenge.
The base of the prototype is an ADESS LM-03 P3 with hydrogen electric engine.
The time of 2.01.302 minutes completed during the qualifying session is still far from a reference time Ligier JS P3 at 1.35.752 minutes, but it is always difficult at the beginning of a new technology.

http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/for...k-end-a-assen/
Old 5 Aug 2017, 18:17 (Ref:3757600)   #10
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Not to mention that they don't have the backing of an OEM to support their research and testing. Only problem is that if you take a new technology (or at least new to the sport) and OEMs do stuff with it, things get expensive real quick.
Old 5 Aug 2017, 20:01 (Ref:3757626)   #11
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Not to mention that they don't have the backing of an OEM to support their research and testing. Only problem is that if you take a new technology (or at least new to the sport) and OEMs do stuff with it, things get expensive real quick.

The tesla based series above looks interesting if Tesla fully support it, although the cars are small-ish tourer size

Old 5 Aug 2017, 20:06 (Ref:3757627)   #12
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't know whether racing the series via Twitch would be a good idea though? I mean, have you heard about stream monsters there and their emotes?
Old 5 Aug 2017, 20:42 (Ref:3757632)   #13
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I had no idea that you could even watch racing on Twitch. I though it was mostly gaming stuff on there.
Old 5 Aug 2017, 21:31 (Ref:3757637)   #14
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Twitch is mostly for gaming, but if it costs them nothing extra to do it then it's just more exposure.

Tesla does not officially back this series, but Musk has tweeted about it a couple of times. So unofficial support I guess.

Car is based on the pre-facelift version of the P100DL (although I think their first test car was built on a P90D), but the new renders are using the new front end so I think it'll change.

Obviously we all know how ludicrous the Tesla standing starts are, so corner exit speeds on this thing will be awesome, but it's the race distances that get a bit confusing. E-GT are claiming it'll do 90km at racing speed. This makes sense, since a Formula E ePrix is about 90km. This car is 100 kWh battery compared to the 28 kWh battery in the Formula E car. So it'll battery is over 3 times larger, but the car weights more, so it'll do double the distance. That makes sense.

E-GT are claiming that the race distances will be around 130km each though (2 races per event, totaling 260). So if that happens then that's more than they say. So I can see the race distances being cut to around 90km. For perspective, that's 15 laps of the Silverstone GP circuit, or 36 laps of the national circuit. So a race distance is approx 1.5 times a BTCC race, which isn't that long, but maybe long enough to start off with.

I find this more interesting than Formula E, and I'll give it a try, but no sound and gears might still be a killer for me. But I'll give it a try. As long as there is no sodding fan boosts.
Old 5 Aug 2017, 22:06 (Ref:3757640)   #15
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
At first I thought you said "as long as there are no sodding fans". Which I can see is a problem for a lot of series (read that either way ).
Old 7 Aug 2017, 00:45 (Ref:3757892)   #16
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
The tesla based series above looks interesting if Tesla fully support it, although the cars are small-ish tourer size

Musk doesn't believe in motorsport.
Old 7 Aug 2017, 01:30 (Ref:3757899)   #17
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AoB Special Stage View Post
But still makes the best EV cars. Kind of says something about motorsport's role in R&D...

Also Formula E can pretend like it is now the frontline of R&D but the budgets there are absolutely drops in the ocean.
Old 7 Aug 2017, 01:38 (Ref:3757901)   #18
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post

Looks like that has been pushed back to November.

http://www.electricgt.co/calendar/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017%E...T_Championship
Old 7 Aug 2017, 03:12 (Ref:3757911)   #19
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
But still makes the best EV cars. Kind of says something about motorsport's role in R&D...

Also Formula E can pretend like it is now the frontline of R&D but the budgets there are absolutely drops in the ocean.
Renault spent 8 figures reportedly, but it got subsidized by the road car and F1 divisions.
Old 7 Aug 2017, 03:29 (Ref:3757913)   #20
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Renault spent 8 figures reportedly, but it got subsidized by the road car and F1 divisions.
http://current-e.com/features/how-mu...in-season-two/

"Renault, for example, reportedly spent around €8million on development and manufacture of its season two powertrain."

"Operating budgets are hard to get a handle on but are thought to be around €10million a year"

"Renault bosses insisted they spent no more than around €4million on their season two powertrain;"

I don't know what is Renault or the whole Renault-Nissan alliance's annual R&D spending, but multiple _billions_ for sure.

edit: well that wasn't hard to google: 560 billion yen last year = 4 billion euros. Of course not all of that goes into a single area but still the FE program or any racing program budget is a tiny percentage assuming it even comes from the R&D budget.

Last edited by deggis; 7 Aug 2017 at 03:38.
Old 7 Aug 2017, 06:31 (Ref:3757920)   #21
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
well that wasn't hard to google: 560 billion yen last year = 4 billion euros. Of course not all of that goes into a single area but still the FE program or any racing program budget is a tiny percentage assuming it even comes from the R&D budget.
But is that just for Nissan or the whole RNA?
Old 7 Aug 2017, 08:04 (Ref:3757932)   #22
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Oops, I just Ctrl+F'd and did not notice it was for Nissan only.

But anyway, they're similar mid-sized car companies so ballpark is still billions. VW and Toyota spend 2-3 times more.
Old 7 Aug 2017, 09:21 (Ref:3757944)   #23
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
He has tweeted his support for the series, he's just not supporting it officially. Can't blame him, he's got a but much going on with SpaceX, Tesla, Hypderloop and OpenAI to be involved in motorsport lol.

At this level I don't think manufacturer support is needed.

Electric GT using real tracks is interesting. I think it's missing a trick not being on the support package for Formula E.
Old 7 Aug 2017, 11:26 (Ref:3757965)   #24
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
He has tweeted his support for the series, he's just not supporting it officially. Can't blame him, he's got a but much going on with SpaceX, Tesla, Hypderloop and OpenAI to be involved in motorsport lol.

At this level I don't think manufacturer support is needed.

Electric GT using real tracks is interesting. I think it's missing a trick not being on the support package for Formula E.
Having watched a few e-Prix, would the Electric GT cars fair well on some of those tracks? They seemed tight for even the Formula E cars at times.
Old 7 Aug 2017, 11:50 (Ref:3757968)   #25
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Having watched a few e-Prix, would the Electric GT cars fair well on some of those tracks? They seemed tight for even the Formula E cars at times.
Yeah you're probably right. The Tesla has quite a wide turning circle for a road car, so it might be too large for the circuit. Or maybe because it's road based, it would fit? I think it'd be worth a shot taking one for a demo run at each ePrix to see how it went.

But then again, having EGT on real circuits is (IMO) a good thing, as it brings it closer to the motor racing that most fans enjoy. As long as it isn't too slow, and doesn't have gimmicks (fan boost, car swaps, etc), then it might actually work.