Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 15 Apr 2018, 13:22 (Ref:3815735)   #126
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
I was out so only saw the last few laps, why did it finish early? an incident or weather or other issues?
Time certain finish peckstar. Plenty of categories to fit in and the GTs had already been granted an increase of Sunday track time with the overnight changes.

All that said - I think they completed 81 of 85 laps. Not a big issue
Old 28 Apr 2018, 07:13 (Ref:3817835)   #127
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Miedecke Motorsport thanks to their facebook account announced their new Aston Martin.

Both George and Andrew Miedeke are giving the brand new car its first hit out this weekend at Sydney Motorsport Park and Round 2 of the NSW Production Sports Car Championship.

Look forward to seeing the car at future Australian GT Championship rounds.
Old 7 May 2018, 07:42 (Ref:3820525)   #128
nafe!
Racer

nafe! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Miedecke Motorsport thanks to their facebook account announced their new Aston Martin.

Both George and Andrew Miedeke are giving the brand new car its first hit out this weekend at Sydney Motorsport Park and Round 2 of the NSW Production Sports Car Championship.

Look forward to seeing the car at future Australian GT Championship rounds.
I have become accustomed to hoping to see these ghost GT3 and GT4 Aston Martins appear at many of the events they claim their intention to attend
Old 8 May 2018, 01:31 (Ref:3820709)   #129
D.R.T.
Veteran

The CAMS Australian GT Championship heads to Sandown Park Raceway this weekend for Round 3 of the season, with a field of 29-cars.

European LMP3 race winner Ricky Capo will line up alongside Steven Richards in the BMW Team SRM M6 GT3 at the Sandown’s third round of the Australian GT Championship this weekend.

The AGT action at Sandown kicks off with practice on Friday afternoon, before three 40-minute races split across Saturday and Sunday.

https://australiangt.com.au/2018/05/...driver-line-up
Old 10 May 2018, 02:08 (Ref:3821178)   #130
D.R.T.
Veteran

29 car entry list confirmed for Sandown this weekend

https://www.speedcafe.com/2018/05/09...wn-entry-list/
Old 10 May 2018, 05:07 (Ref:3821191)   #131
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Pit stop parity system means John Martin wont race
Old 10 May 2018, 05:18 (Ref:3821193)   #132
D.R.T.
Veteran

You get to see more of Liam Talbot though
Old 10 May 2018, 05:30 (Ref:3821195)   #133
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
You get to see more of Liam Talbot though
wont see anymore or see any less

wont be spending my mothers day streaming a race where they have this dodgy driver penalty system
Old 10 May 2018, 05:36 (Ref:3821197)   #134
D.R.T.
Veteran

The beauty is the coverage is archived and you can stream it on Monday.
Old 10 May 2018, 05:59 (Ref:3821200)   #135
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
The beauty is the coverage is archived and you can stream it on Monday.
sorry, washing my hair.

fake pit stop system reduces almost any interest apart from reading a report

last year the two events for trophy series and Championship series saw 28 cars, this year we are currently 1 more with 29 but in one event
Old 10 May 2018, 10:19 (Ref:3821236)   #136
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
sorry, washing my hair.

last year the two events for trophy series and Championship series saw 28 cars, this year we are currently 1 more with 29 but in one event
What about tuesday?
Old 10 May 2018, 10:32 (Ref:3821239)   #137
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
What about tuesday?
I imagine i will read the report on sunday, highly doubtful i will re-read it on tuesday
Old 11 May 2018, 00:36 (Ref:3821413)   #138
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
Looking at the entry - apart from Steven Richards the rest of the cars are Am drivers so the pit stop times should be similar if not the same providing for an entertaining race.

Peter Edwards rolling out the 458 at Sandown, not doubt whilst the 488 receives some TLC from JBs Bends bingle
Old 11 May 2018, 05:23 (Ref:3821433)   #139
D.R.T.
Veteran

Live Timing (Friday to Sunday) and Free Live Streaming on Sunday via http://www.thenationals.com.au/
Old 15 May 2018, 02:44 (Ref:3822497)   #140
D.R.T.
Veteran

Broadcast of Race 2 from Sandown can be viewed here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuFNTsET7I8
Old 5 Jun 2018, 21:48 (Ref:3827037)   #141
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
New owner for Aus GT?
Remains to be seen if CAMS rubber stamp the change of ownership I guess.

Quinny's given it a good shake but time for someone else to have a go. Wonder if it'll be a "steady as she goes" approach or a paradigm shift (assuming it goes ahead).
Old 6 Jun 2018, 14:31 (Ref:3827162)   #142
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
New owner for Aus GT?
Remains to be seen if CAMS rubber stamp the change of ownership I guess.

Quinny's given it a good shake but time for someone else to have a go. Wonder if it'll be a "steady as she goes" approach or a paradigm shift (assuming it goes ahead).
All seems pretty positive for the sale to go through.

I think the current format is sound so hopefully no paradigm shifts are in order.

Sad to see Quinn go - he did a lot for the category but seems to have lost the fight in the last 12 months
Old 6 Jun 2018, 16:17 (Ref:3827193)   #143
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

I think the current format is sound so hopefully no paradigm shifts are in order.

Sad to see Quinn go - he did a lot for the category but seems to have lost the fight in the last 12 months
Wonder if he'll stay on and race
Old 6 Jun 2018, 21:45 (Ref:3827281)   #144
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:

Agree -will be sad to see TQ go but he seems to have lost that edge of enthusiasm re managing the category & if the deal is right, he can leave it in the hands of someone who'll keep it rolling.

Also agree on format generally, I'm not personally a fan at all of the variable timed pit stops but it is what it is.
Old 7 Jun 2018, 16:55 (Ref:3827440)   #145
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
Agree -will be sad to see TQ go but he seems to have lost that edge of enthusiasm re managing the category & if the deal is right, he can leave it in the hands of someone who'll keep it rolling.

Also agree on format generally, I'm not personally a fan at all of the variable timed pit stops but it is what it is.
It’s Pro/Am racing. What is the alternative for the current business model the series has set up?
Old 7 Jun 2018, 17:13 (Ref:3827444)   #146
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
It’s Pro/Am racing. What is the alternative for the current business model the series has set up?
GT3 racing all around the world is Pro/Am racing and nobody has such an excessively complicated penalty system.
Old 7 Jun 2018, 21:42 (Ref:3827528)   #147
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Quote:
like Speed-King says, GT3 pretty much everywhere is pro/am and gets by. Like I say, personally I don't like the variable timed pitstops but it may be what they need to do so that some competitors keep taking part.
Old 10 Jun 2018, 14:28 (Ref:3828095)   #148
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
like Speed-King says, GT3 pretty much everywhere is pro/am and gets by. Like I say, personally I don't like the variable timed pitstops but it may be what they need to do so that some competitors keep taking part.
And that’s it - this is Australia and not the rest of the world.

Australian GT exits because of the AM’s and they want a chance to win. Rightly or wrongly - the Championship exists because of this.

Full Pro /Am would be ideal but it’s not realistic at the current time
Old 12 Jun 2018, 03:42 (Ref:3828562)   #149
GROUPA
Racer

GROUPA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where does Jim Manolios get his funds from other than tyres & winery - it's certainly not from car racing wins for he is a mobile sped hump
Old 13 Jun 2018, 09:53 (Ref:3828852)   #150
nafe!
Racer

nafe! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
GT3 racing all around the world is Pro/Am racing and nobody has such an excessively complicated penalty system.
+1

Essentially every gt category in the world exists due to the AM part of the equation providing the numbers and funds to keep the series going.

But it seems like the rest of the world has multiple examples of systems and race formats that actually make watching the racing worth while.

Aus Gt wanted to take on the establishment and going by how active they are on social media they want spectators and the sponsorship exposure that comes with them. Problem is that the racing generally isn't genuine particularly in the sprint events. You start to get invested in the where the race is headed in the first stint and then bam the stupid pit stop times completely throw the race into a lottery and we have to watch potentially undeserving winners come through for a win when they weren't even in the picture prior to the pit stop. If theres a safety car the race is a complete farce with the handicap times still being applied. It doesn't make for good racing and a good portion of the best fans of gt racing in australia I've spoken to pretty much agree that aus gt is a average show atm.

If they want fans they are going to have to adopt a stronger pro am format system from an overseas formula.

Its a frustrating situation as a fan when you have a product that could be an amazing alternative to supercars but is currently held back by being so heavily waited towards the gentleman driver side of things. Like others have said they pay the bills and they are there for their own enjoyment not ours but i do hope that new management finds a way to strike a better balance that suits everyone in the end.