Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Apr 2003, 10:48 (Ref:561340)   #1
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Kimi Raikkonen Superstar

Well Kimi Raikkonen's star continues to rise and rise,he must have silenced all critics with todays drive,he passed everyone everwhere with great skill and bravery and after all the drama and excitement he actually won the race.He even left DC floundering in his wake and must have staked his claim as No1 at McLaren.His drive was the highlight of the race for me(and I'm totally impartial),really good to see the next great driving talent in action.
Old 7 Apr 2003, 10:53 (Ref:561344)   #2
twig
Veteran

twig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i am happy for Kimi, and am an avid supporter of the Iceman, but there was an element of luck, mainly due to the red flag, as DC only just stopped a few laps prior, and if the race would have been stopped earlier, DC probably would have won it.

Secondly, Kimi was so lucky that Fisi lapped him as "late" as he did, again, because of the red flag. But none the less, he was awesome, showed great skill, and his pass around ralf was fantastic.

Anyway, McLaren are still brilliant, when was the last time a McLaren driver won two races in a row, or the team won 3 in a row? 1999? ......oh goodie.
Old 7 Apr 2003, 10:56 (Ref:561349)   #3
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with twig, DC would've probably won in the end
Classic Eddie Irvine moments, #1
Interviewer: "Why has Schumacher got an odd shaped helmet?" Eddie: "Because he's German, he's got an odd shaped head"
Old 7 Apr 2003, 10:58 (Ref:561350)   #4
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As an avid Kimi fan, I think he was brilliant also but he did use his tires up a little too quickly. That pass around Ralf on the outside was fantastic, never wavered, truly a great Racer in the making. Coulthard for me was the driver of the day however, unfortunately he was shafted in the end.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 7 Apr 2003, 11:01 (Ref:561354)   #5
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Kimi did OK but the red flag won him the race no doubt about it, without the flag he would have finished behind Coulthard and Fisicella (maybe even Webber and Alonso as well had they kept going - they didn't need to stop again).

I think Kimi made a mistake not pitting under the safety car early on and he also ran wide to let Fisi through so I don't think it was a great drive from him although he did put together a couple of good moves.
Old 7 Apr 2003, 11:07 (Ref:561358)   #6
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Kimi makes every move stick, he's marked Schumacher's card, and when you see him approaching another car you just know he will get past. Superstar!
Old 7 Apr 2003, 11:10 (Ref:561359)   #7
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Driver of the day was Barrichello, COulthard second, Fisichella third, Kimi fourth. The move on Ralf was fantastic but he did ride his luck, and clearly struggled towards the end of the first stint, and was lucky the Panis/Firman safety car period happened when it did, as otherwise he would've struggled on for longer and slipped further back.
Old 7 Apr 2003, 11:17 (Ref:561366)   #8
Kenny W.
Racer

Kenny W. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Support for Coulthard here ??!?
Sorry wrong room - I thought this was 10-Tenths
(leaves)
Old 7 Apr 2003, 11:23 (Ref:561374)   #9
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Coulthard drove a solid race, i'll hand him that.
Kimi was stunning at times but only lucked into the win.
Barichello...., well... i'm beginning to think that he's cursed... (or that Jean Toad has a 'blow engine up' button for Rubens' car)

Man of the race is Fisichella IMO.
Old 7 Apr 2003, 11:35 (Ref:561390)   #10
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What do you think the final race positions would have been if the race got to full distance?
Classic Eddie Irvine moments, #1
Interviewer: "Why has Schumacher got an odd shaped helmet?" Eddie: "Because he's German, he's got an odd shaped head"
Old 7 Apr 2003, 11:38 (Ref:561393)   #11
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think it would be:

1. Fisichella
2. Coulthard
3. Raikkonen
4. Villeneuve

3. and 4. are interchangeable depending on how long Kimi's pitstop would take.
Don't care about the rest...
Old 7 Apr 2003, 11:58 (Ref:561436)   #12
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by enemy-ace
As an avid Kimi fan, I think he was brilliant also but he did use his tires up a little too quickly. That pass around Ralf on the outside was fantastic, never wavered, truly a great Racer in the making. Coulthard for me was the driver of the day however, unfortunately he was shafted in the end.
what must make it more galling for him, is the driver whose accident caused the race to be stopped, ends up in spirit(if not in person)on the podium.
Old 7 Apr 2003, 12:00 (Ref:561439)   #13
Miss Hardt
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
Miss Hardt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by ®îjñtjûh
I think it would be:

1. Fisichella
2. Coulthard
3. Raikkonen
4. Villeneuve

3. and 4. are interchangeable depending on how long Kimi's pitstop would take.
Don't care about the rest...
Hmm...and then the first three would colide at the Curva do Sol and that would be a very, very happy ending....

I am allowed to dream, aren't I?
Old 7 Apr 2003, 12:08 (Ref:561467)   #14
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I love Kimi as much as I love David. I think they might be the ones fighting for the championship this year
Old 7 Apr 2003, 12:11 (Ref:561478)   #15
Bleu
Veteran

Finland
Espoo, Finland
Bleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by nicholaswhite
What do you think the final race positions would have been if the race got to full distance?
Only 8 cars was left when the race was stopped, and then Fisichella's car caught fire in the pit lane.

But, it would be something like that:
1. Coulthard
2. Kimi
3. Ralf
4. Trulli
5. Villeneuve
6. Frentzen
7. da Matta
Old 7 Apr 2003, 12:12 (Ref:561480)   #16
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
The guy is Mr COOL
Old 7 Apr 2003, 12:38 (Ref:561528)   #17
Matthopps
Racer

United Kingdom
Rotherham, South Yorkshire
Matthopps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Bleu
Only 8 cars was left when the race was stopped, and then Fisichella's car caught fire in the pit lane.

But, it would be something like that:
1. Coulthard
2. Kimi
3. Ralf
4. Trulli
5. Villeneuve
6. Frentzen
7. da Matta
Almost agree,
Would be:
1 Coulthard
2 Kimi
3 Frentzen
4 Trulli
5 Villeneuve
6 Ralf
7 Da Matta
Old 7 Apr 2003, 13:49 (Ref:561645)   #18
Mantis13
Racer

Mantis13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi is a star on the rise, no doubt but if some things had fallen DC's way he could have won at Sepang and Brazil.
Old 7 Apr 2003, 13:54 (Ref:561650)   #19
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If things had gone Rubens way he would've won in Brasil... If Ferrari had made the right call on tyres they would've walked Australia. Just watch the first 5 laps again if you needed convincing...

If Mikey hadn't had brain fade then the Macs wouldn't have gotten out front in Malaysia...

Its all relative as they say.

Then there was Monty in Oz aswell...brain fade benefitting the Macs. But you got to say Macs arent making the mistakes, soo they're doing a good job.

Last edited by paulzinho; 7 Apr 2003 at 13:56.
Old 7 Apr 2003, 13:59 (Ref:561658)   #20
Mantis13
Racer

Mantis13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
True enough
Old 7 Apr 2003, 14:18 (Ref:561683)   #21
golem
Veteran

golem should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1. Barrichello < Once enough water was gone, and his bridgestones could finally hook up, the guy was solid gone.
2. Fisichella < He had looked after his tyres enough, and stayed in striking distance. Just kept his pace up when no one was around him which is sometimes hard. He was looking great for a podium
3. Coulthard < I think he was playing it safe in the bad early conditions and went for it when comfortable. Again, solid driving but quick solid driving. Like Fisi but with a better car.
4. Kimi < Brilliant at overtaking. His agression is just great to watch. He just waits and wait and the first sign of opening... pounce!
5. Webber < I know, he binned it at the end. Which was stupid. But I have this feeling that jag had been squeeling since the safety car came on the first time, keeping it up in a position it wouldn't be expected. Rain helped but I still think it must have been on edge to stay with the others. And he saved it once when it stepped out on three, same as Frentzen apparantly.
Gawky supermodels may look stunning in the right clothes, on the right catwalk, in the right city, but in an M&S jumper, on a crowded street, on a wet Wednesday afternoon, only classic good looks will catch the eye. - Ian Eveleigh.
Old 7 Apr 2003, 14:49 (Ref:561705)   #22
Horsebox
Rookie

Horsebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We are all forgeting that Fisi was in a Jordan while dicing at the head of the field on tyres that were on longer than any of the rest. I support Jordan to the death but even EJ will admit that the team is not where he wants to be. Fisi proved once again that he is the closest to Michael.
Old 7 Apr 2003, 14:51 (Ref:561707)   #23
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by ®îjñtjûh
Barichello...., well... i'm beginning to think that he's cursed... (or that Jean Toad has a 'blow engine up' button for Rubens' car)
Believe it or not, Barrichello ran out of fuel. The computer was saying that he had 2 more laps to go and he was doing his final sprint before pit in...
Old 7 Apr 2003, 14:53 (Ref:561709)   #24
fast95pony
Veteran

Canada
Calgary,Alberta,Canada
fast95pony should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Considering the conditions,a lot of drivers drove very well...