Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One > Predictions Contest & Fun

Old 28 Jun 2019, 06:05 (Ref:3914550)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
French Grand Prix - Predictions Contest 2019 - Round 8 of 21 - Results

I finally take my first win of the season (can I use the beer emoticon? ) after an interesting set of results. We had some pretty high scores overall, as the top 10 was generally well-predicted.

I have become the sixth different winner in eight races, and smellysocks is so far the only person to have taken more than one win.

French Grand Prix Results

1. Hamilton
2. Bottas
3. Leclerc
4. Verstappen
5. Vettel
6. Sainz
7. Räikkönen
8. Hülkenberg
9. Norris
10. Gasly

Qualifying
1. Hamilton
2. Bottas
3. Leclerc

Fastest lap: Vettel
Fastest pit stop: Williams
Weather: Dry
formula1.com Driver of the Day: Norris
Driver of the Grand Prix: Norris
Team of the Grand Prix: McLaren
Rate the Grand Prix: 2

Analysis

I was one of three entrants to get 9 out of 10 of the top 10 finishers predicted (in any order), the others being Born Racer Fan and smellysocks.

I only got 2 drivers predicted in their exact positions (Hamilton and Bottas), while others got more - wallslammer and smellysocks had 3 apiece and round runner-up wolfhound had an impressive 5 - the top 5 finishers in fact.

Ricciardo notably figured in everyone's top 10 predictions, but to no avail, while Sainz was also there for many, but nobody predicted him higher than 7th.

Williams pulled off a hat-trick of fastest pit stops with Robert Kubica again receiving a sub 2-second stop and I was one of 2 to pick up points for that.

Notso Swift did well with the polls, being the only person to get that Norris would top both driver polls and McLaren the team poll. I was disappointed to have predicted Sainz as Driver of the Grand Prix and initially to think that both he and Norris had topped the Ten-Tenths poll, before checking and seeing that predictor gert had gone for Sainz and therefore the winner had to be Norris.

Unsurprisingly, no-one predicted the shockingly low average Rate the Grand Prix score of 2.

wolfhound was the only entrant to get the qually top 3 spot-on.

French Grand Prix Predictions Contest Results

1. Born Racer 104
2. wolfhound 101
3. smellysocks 96
4. Born Racer Fan 95
5. Notso Swift 83
6. wallslammer 82
7. gert 76
8. crmalcolm 73

Number of wins so far this season

smellysocks 3
ApexTurtle 1
wolfhound 1
Born Racer Fan 1
crmalcolm 1
Born Racer 1

Winners by race
Australia: smellysocks
Bahrain: ApexTurtle
China: smellysocks
Azerbaijan: smellysocks
Spain: wolfhound
Monaco: Born Racer Fan
Canada: crmalcolm
France: Born Racer

Championship standings after Round 8 of 21

1. smellysocks 707
2. Born Racer Fan 667
3. Born Racer 649
4. wolfhound 627
5. Notso Swift 618
6. crmalcolm 610
7. ApexTurtle 457
8. gert 265
9. wallslammer 158
10. TrapezeArtist 65

Here is the thread for Austria. Please get your predictions in before qualifying. https://tentenths.com/forum/showthre...49#post3914549
Old 28 Jun 2019, 23:54 (Ref:3914700)   #2
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
May have got Norris right, but everything else was pretty much.... having Danny Ric in as 7 is just salt in the wound 😂