Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Mar 2004, 13:21 (Ref:899401)   #1
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Silverstone GP Tickets

Advance ticket sales for the 2004 F1 British GP at Silverstone are running 50 percent up on this time last year and Silverstone Motorsport says that its raceday crowd will surpass last year's 70,000. At the close of Silverstone's early booking offer on March 1, some 65,800 people had booked for the race on July 11. MD Andrew Waller said: “The fans have endorsed our revised pricing structure and the ongoing improvements to the facilities and infrastructure of Silverstone."

Taken from autosport.com

What a shame the people had to part with their money before knowing what a lame season it is going to be.

Fridays are a waste of time, hopefully they will have altered qualifying by July.
Old 9 Mar 2004, 14:11 (Ref:899478)   #2
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Silverstone GP Tickets

Quote:
Originally posted by mark_l
What a shame the people had to part with their money before knowing what a lame season it is going to be.
Sigh... surely you're being a little pedantic after just one race?
Old 9 Mar 2004, 18:57 (Ref:899782)   #3
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Oh great, good news, more crowd to fight my way through, I am beside myself with joy.
Old 9 Mar 2004, 19:27 (Ref:899824)   #4
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where you expecting it to be quiet?!
Old 9 Mar 2004, 20:28 (Ref:899908)   #5
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Silverstone has produced the best race per season for the last 2 years imo.

I personally never find the crowds too much of a problem, part of the fun
Old 9 Mar 2004, 20:34 (Ref:899915)   #6
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
And I'm gonna be there for the first time in 9 seasons this year . Staying at the same campsite as you I believe Mr V .
Old 9 Mar 2004, 20:38 (Ref:899922)   #7
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Thats what i like to hear
Old 9 Mar 2004, 21:23 (Ref:899976)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I can't wait. I've finally had the time and the money at the same time to get to a GP. I'm off to Hockenheim two weeks later too! Yipee!

I think I chose a good corner to sit at too.....Bridge. One of the more spectacular corners anyways IMO.
Old 9 Mar 2004, 22:56 (Ref:900132)   #9
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Blimey, Damon and Mr V to contend with at the GP this year. I'll be hiding in the marshals campsite behind the start line.
Old 9 Mar 2004, 23:52 (Ref:900217)   #10
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
How much does it cost to get in this year?,just so I can be shocked and horrified at the price.
Old 10 Mar 2004, 07:53 (Ref:900501)   #11
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
There is a special deal on at the moment where I believe you can get the three day ticket for £90. Try their website www.silverstonemotorsport.co.uk
Old 10 Mar 2004, 09:00 (Ref:900553)   #12
Suzy
Retired
Veteran

Suzy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the special deal is now closed - it was valid until the end of February.

This will be British Grand Prix number 8 for me and I'm looking forward to it.
Old 10 Mar 2004, 09:19 (Ref:900571)   #13
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
hopefully see you there again Suzy!
Old 10 Mar 2004, 09:43 (Ref:900598)   #14
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Blimey!

If we're talking about July now that means the season finishes next week!
Old 10 Mar 2004, 14:41 (Ref:900914)   #15
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Green
Blimey, Damon and Mr V to contend with at the GP this year. I'll be hiding in the marshals campsite behind the start line.
Oh gawds, not them two!

I'll be heading up there with a mate of mine, but since we don't really 'do' holidays normally, we're thinking 'what the hell' and doing the Club Silverstone thing. Oh the shame.

Last edited by Spudgun; 10 Mar 2004 at 14:42.
Old 10 Mar 2004, 18:47 (Ref:901133)   #16
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Good to hear Spud! We should be able to have a good old 10/10ths booze up by the looks of things .
Old 10 Mar 2004, 19:30 (Ref:901179)   #17
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Im going to the 2004 British GP, it will be my second British Grand Prix and my second Grand Prix.

I plan on sitting somewhere between / around Stowe or Club, away from you rabble!

Last edited by Sodemo; 10 Mar 2004 at 19:30.
Old 10 Mar 2004, 21:45 (Ref:901343)   #18
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by The Monster

I plan on sitting somewhere between / around Stowe or Club, away from you rabble!
Thats not nice

Come on Monster, sign up for the up
Old 11 Mar 2004, 06:04 (Ref:901597)   #19
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Silverstone GP Tickets

Quote:
Originally posted by mark_l
Fridays are a waste of time, hopefully they will have altered qualifying by July.
Your surley joking ...i dont regard watching any session where F1 cars are going through Copse corner at 150MPH ..as a waste of time....

Its a fantastic sight

Old 11 Mar 2004, 06:05 (Ref:901599)   #20
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Green
sorry mate...Count me in Too !

Quote:
Originally posted by Damon
And I'm gonna be there for the first time in 9 seasons this year . Staying at the same campsite as you I believe Mr V .
Me and Mrs Sato san are hoping to be at that campsite too !..

Last edited by Sato san; 11 Mar 2004 at 06:07.
Old 11 Mar 2004, 18:53 (Ref:902239)   #21
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Good stuff!
Old 11 Mar 2004, 23:08 (Ref:902538)   #22
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The deed has been done. Tickets are in the bag..

See you all there!

Mr V kindly divulged the campsite info and booking forms are on their way to me now.

Last edited by Spudgun; 11 Mar 2004 at 23:09.
Old 12 Mar 2004, 23:20 (Ref:903885)   #23
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Maybe it's...Jenson Mania!
Old 12 Mar 2004, 23:24 (Ref:903890)   #24
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Rennen
Maybe it's...Jenson Mania!
Could be....if he had been about when i first started going
Old 13 Mar 2004, 00:08 (Ref:903943)   #25
006_007
Racer

006_007 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I sat at bridge the last time I was at Silverstone...

Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy
I can't wait. I've finally had the time and the money at the same time to get to a GP. I'm off to Hockenheim two weeks later too! Yipee!

I think I chose a good corner to sit at too.....Bridge. One of the more spectacular corners anyways IMO.
The last time I was at Silverstone to witness the 97 gp I sat at Bridge. Excellent viewing location. I really need to get the cars a little closer to the west coast of north america for viewing purposes. Either that of plan a trek out east to catch both the Canadian and US GP's if they schedule them close together.....

TJ