Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Oct 2007, 21:57 (Ref:2031375)   #26
Robin_D
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
a Roadangel still is it?
Old 4 Oct 2007, 22:16 (Ref:2031386)   #27
GolddustMini
Veteran

GolddustMini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
good old damon, i think max has completely embarassed himself and motorsport and really i think its time to go
Old 4 Oct 2007, 23:05 (Ref:2031420)   #28
OVERSTEER
Veteran

England
Sheffield, England
OVERSTEER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo
I just think that Hill Mosely and Stewart should just have a big naked fight on the roof of the BRDC building, and just have it out...
Well whatever turns you on!!!?
Old 5 Oct 2007, 00:20 (Ref:2031475)   #29
1200Datto27
Veteran

Australia
Croydon
1200Datto27 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CATMAN
Well done Damon and the call for MAD MAX to ride off into Australian Outback Never Never land should be building to a shrll scream
No thanks, He's yours, you keep him...
Old 5 Oct 2007, 01:36 (Ref:2031504)   #30
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by staid davenport
I felt very cold when I read those quotes from Mosley. If he can voice such opinions how can he be trusted to have an impartial view on the McLaren-Ferrari spying row?

He can't and that is why it's a complete and utter farce..
Old 5 Oct 2007, 06:48 (Ref:2031641)   #31
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith
He can't and that is why it's a complete and utter farce..
Totally agree.
Old 5 Oct 2007, 10:07 (Ref:2031784)   #32
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy
I saw the letter and I must admit I was astonished. I wasn't aware Max had made such remarks, if he has, then he needs to apologize immediately.
The comments by Mosley are here. He doesn't actually name Stewart, but he has no need to because he could only be talking about one man.
Old 5 Oct 2007, 10:28 (Ref:2031807)   #33
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It puts his irritation into context but his personal remarks are totally inexcusable, and hugely unprofessional.
Old 5 Oct 2007, 10:35 (Ref:2031814)   #34
Another Bob
Racer

Australia
The Land Of More Then One Crow
Another Bob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I find it hard to believe a person in Mosleys standing said that, but if its not creative journalism and he really did say it, well theres only one thing to say....."it's time to go....MAX!"
Old 5 Oct 2007, 10:46 (Ref:2031827)   #35
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I think we can assume he did say it, otherwise presumably some sort of clarification would have been issued - Mosley spends enough time making himself look bad, he doesn't really need dodgy tabloids doing it for him.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 5 Oct 2007, 11:21 (Ref:2031867)   #36
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A scan of the letter is here: http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a37...img385awk2.jpg
Old 5 Oct 2007, 11:27 (Ref:2031876)   #37
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Fantastic letter, and absolutely right. Mosley should apologise, there's no doubt about it (I also have no doubt that he won't).
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 5 Oct 2007, 11:39 (Ref:2031890)   #38
NiG_21
Racer

United Kingdom
Shepperton, Middlesex
NiG_21 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For a long time now I've regarded MAX as a Pratt of the Highest Order... and I'm so pleased so find out I'm not alone...

...well done Damon for speaking out and supporting a true Icon of Formula 1. Something MAX will IMHO never aspire to.
Old 5 Oct 2007, 12:32 (Ref:2031942)   #39
Hesketh
Racer

Hesketh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How dare Mosley? Jackie Stewart is a motor racing legend and a bright man.
I felt insulted.
Many thanks to Damon for being so firm in his response. The usual world champion gentleman.
Old 5 Oct 2007, 13:06 (Ref:2031992)   #40
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnh875

Good for Damon. Well done.

Max needs to watch out, he is fast descending to Balestre levels. Perhaps that's the lot of those who hold the position....
Old 5 Oct 2007, 13:17 (Ref:2032008)   #41
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider
The comments by Mosley are here. He doesn't actually name Stewart, but he has no need to because he could only be talking about one man.
He couldn't have made it more obvious if he'd said "the short Scottish guy who likes wearing tartan and used to drive for BRM and Tyrrell"

Go Damon
Old 5 Oct 2007, 13:21 (Ref:2032016)   #42
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He's entitled to his opinion - as is Stewart, of course - but the comment at the end is totally out of order and it is disappointing to see someone in such a posirtion stoop so low.
Old 5 Oct 2007, 14:57 (Ref:2032079)   #43
rallycrosscraig
Racer

rallycrosscraig has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
time to get rid of mad-max
Old 5 Oct 2007, 15:31 (Ref:2032105)   #44
botsquad
Veteran

botsquad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
max is a bitter boring old queen and when hes had few too many he turns into elton john and starts *****ing about boy bands and hair pieces.
Old 5 Oct 2007, 16:00 (Ref:2032138)   #45
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I bought a copy today just to read the letter and it's an excellent response by Hill to the thinly veiled attack on JYS by Max.

Max has been a disgrace for several years so I don't expect an apology any time soon.
Old 5 Oct 2007, 16:53 (Ref:2032186)   #46
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by botsquad
max is a bitter boring old queen and when hes had few too many he turns into elton john and starts *****ing about boy bands and hair pieces.
And halfwit is an insult!
Old 5 Oct 2007, 16:55 (Ref:2032189)   #47
tony griffiths
Racer

United Kingdom
california
tony griffiths should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Remember when March under Mr Mosley was notorious for selling used cars as new .......... ethics ?
Old 5 Oct 2007, 17:53 (Ref:2032231)   #48
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well done Damon. I think he has spoken for a lot of people. With reference to the two parties. One is a legend the other is a never was.
Old 5 Oct 2007, 18:20 (Ref:2032253)   #49
chris1600
Rookie

England
Gloucestershire
chris1600 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A great letter by Damon Hill and certainly innapropriate behaviour by Max Mosely that was unbecoming of a person in his position.

I'm sure many of you have read Nigel Roebuck's article in 'Motorsport' regarding the FIA's McLaren/Ferrari verdict. It shows the ridiculous basis upon which it seems this jugdment was passed.

Then there is the way that Lewis Hamilton was investigated about the incident at the Japanese GP, which IMHO shows more poor jugdement by the FIA/ F1 stewards. Also its been reported that Nigel Stepney says he had confidential McLaren documentation whilst at Ferrari.

None of this does the credibility of F1 any good. Perhaps one idea would be to dramatically change the technology and engineering of F1 cars. Hopefully there would be less need to embark on endustrial espionage (no silly spy scandals), reduce costs (hopefully allow the smaller teams to compete with the larger teams) and also improve racing.

Sorry, that turned into a bit of a waffle .
Old 5 Oct 2007, 18:48 (Ref:2032281)   #50
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1600
I'm sure many of you have read Nigel Roebuck's article in 'Motorsport' regarding the FIA's McLaren/Ferrari verdict. It shows the ridiculous basis upon which it seems this jugdment was passed.
no I didn't...... any chance of seeing it?