Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Oct 2007, 19:08 (Ref:2032301)   #51
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Buy Motorsport.
Old 5 Oct 2007, 19:12 (Ref:2032307)   #52
Leighton Irwin
Veteran

Canada
Victoria Harbour (on Georgian Bay)
Leighton Irwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Ah, Mad Max and March. You got a brand new March and you: A. Had to manufacture or obtain pieces to finish building it. B. Had to take it apart and rebuild it anyway because it was so poorly assembled.
The 722 we ran had a problem keeping driveshafts together. Well known problem.
Our 74B had the same problem, same driveshafts. Last race of the year and we received the 'upgraded' F2 driveshafts. We DNF'd. Driveshaft failure.
Never ran a March again.
Old 5 Oct 2007, 19:29 (Ref:2032319)   #53
johnw
Veteran

England
Chichester - 1/2 mile from Goodwood
johnw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting take on what caused Max to react so venemously in this link to Nigel Roebuck. http://www.autosport.com/asknigel/index.html/id/22792

A public and profuse apology would be the minimum requirement imo, falling on his sword would be more appropriate.
Old 5 Oct 2007, 20:06 (Ref:2032342)   #54
botsquad
Veteran

botsquad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo
I just think that Hill Mosely and Stewart should just have a big naked fight on the roof of the BRDC building, and just have it out...

thats max's fav reoccuring dream.
Old 5 Oct 2007, 21:39 (Ref:2032403)   #55
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=johnw]Interesting take on what caused Max to react so venemously in this link to Nigel Roebuck. http://www.autosport.com/asknigel/index.html/id/22792
/QUOTE]

sorry John, that link only works for subscribers.
Old 5 Oct 2007, 21:42 (Ref:2032404)   #56
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Buy Motorsport.
for one article....... I don't think so.

didn't buy it before, why should I now?
Old 6 Oct 2007, 02:03 (Ref:2032494)   #57
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Max Mosley should resign...That would be the respectable thing to do..
Old 6 Oct 2007, 02:35 (Ref:2032513)   #58
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith
I'll second that motion.

All those in favor
Old 6 Oct 2007, 06:01 (Ref:2032606)   #59
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd second that if there is a person who can handle the work well, not just in F1, but also in other aspects of the job scope.

I'm not a fan of Max, and i'd be surprised if anybody is. And i agree with Damon that Max's comments are not appropriate for a person of his position as the president of FIA.

That shouldn't mean that Hill is a good replacement, nor that Stewart himself is a saint. IIRC, Max retort came after Stewart blasted the decision of FIA/WMSC decision for Mclaren, and claim that the federation is corrupt. An assumption, no evidence, just riding the waves of speculation.

In that perspective, Max is wrong to retort to speculative people. But Stewart should attempt to be more responsible with his remarks, given that he also had a certain behavoir expected due to his "position" as a F1's past great. Both fellas have to realise that unless they have something fair and justifiable to say, otherwise it's better to keep their mouth shut. Old age is creeping in.
Old 6 Oct 2007, 08:08 (Ref:2032677)   #60
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jean Todt to replace Max. I know it's been said before but if he can be fair he would do a great job IMHO
Old 6 Oct 2007, 08:52 (Ref:2032697)   #61
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAC
Jean Todt to replace Max. I know it's been said before but if he can be fair he would do a great job IMHO
He'd be in a no-win situation. If he ever found in Ferrari's favour, he'd be labelled as biased and corrupt, and if he found against them, he'd be labelled a traitor.
Old 6 Oct 2007, 09:01 (Ref:2032699)   #62
xr8
Racer

Australia
sydney
xr8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I heard someone say that Max is a halfwit! Now you are totally wrong! For someone to call Max a halfwit, assumes that he has some wit, which I doubt!
Old 6 Oct 2007, 09:02 (Ref:2032701)   #63
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith
I'm not sure he should resign over that comment alone, he may already be regretting it and planning to issue and apology... and we should allow people the opportunity to be contrite.

The actions of the FIA this year are a different matter though and people certain should be asking the question whether Max is fit to lead it, or more to the point, whether the FIA in its current form is competent enough to govern Formula 1 with the level of oversight and morality it purports.
Old 6 Oct 2007, 09:13 (Ref:2032707)   #64
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
By duke toaster
I think that his replacement as FIA president should be either Eddie Jordan, Damon Hill or Paul Stoddart - maybe even Mr Minardi ...
Paul Stoddart...definitely.....
Old 6 Oct 2007, 09:20 (Ref:2032711)   #65
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8
I heard someone say that Max is a halfwit! Now you are totally wrong! For someone to call Max a halfwit, assumes that he has some wit, which I doubt!
Yea OK that was me (post # 12) I will try to be more awear of what I call Max in the future
Old 6 Oct 2007, 09:41 (Ref:2032719)   #66
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga
Paul Stoddart...definitely.....
The FIA president shouldn't be passionate and not necessarily entrepreneurial but rather they should a calm, stable, logical, facilitator. The kind of person you need is somebody like David Richards, though with more of a legal background. He's a broad expertise across many disciplines and deals with high level issues and crises equally well.

Its all immaterial as we'll end up with some dufus friend of Bernie's in there when Max goes.
Old 6 Oct 2007, 12:51 (Ref:2032849)   #67
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Dave Richards is the only option.

Or Nigel Roebuck. (That one's for you davyboy!)
Old 6 Oct 2007, 14:40 (Ref:2032916)   #68
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't have a subscription to Autosport, briefly what does he say ?.

Last edited by foreversideways; 6 Oct 2007 at 14:47.
Old 6 Oct 2007, 14:43 (Ref:2032920)   #69
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Because Stuart, Motorsport it is an excellent magazine, possibly the best.

Last edited by foreversideways; 6 Oct 2007 at 14:46.
Old 6 Oct 2007, 17:13 (Ref:2033061)   #70
SteveA
Rookie

SteveA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAC
Yea OK that was me (post # 12) I will try to be more awear of what I call Max in the future
Indeed. Max should feel flattered to be called a halfwit.
Old 6 Oct 2007, 17:28 (Ref:2033075)   #71
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
I have just been reading the comments page in The Telegraph online. Max appears to be getting a very rough ride on there as well. Also, you have to be bitter about something to attack Stewart in this way. Of course, Stewart has been intimately involved in the Silverstone issue in the past and there appears to be no love lost between him and Ecclestone. As Max is joined at the hip to Bernie perhaps he is being a mouthpiece. You would have thought though, that Max would have known the fondness and high regard that Sir Jackie is held in, inside and outside of motorsport, and realised how his comments would be received.
Old 6 Oct 2007, 17:48 (Ref:2033087)   #72
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy
I'm not sure he should resign over that comment alone, he may already be regretting it and planning to issue and apology... and we should allow people the opportunity to be contrite.

The actions of the FIA this year are a different matter though and people certain should be asking the question whether Max is fit to lead it, or more to the point, whether the FIA in its current form is competent enough to govern Formula 1 with the level of oversight and morality it purports.
It is not just the comment he made about Sir Jackie Stewart though, it is his whole agenda, the stalinist approach he seems to have to most things F1. Just reiterating what has already been said many times before.
Old 7 Oct 2007, 09:37 (Ref:2033696)   #73
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CATMAN
A read on recent Jackie Stewart articles in the Telegraph is quite good

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/portal/ma...it/ftfront.xml
Lovely article...
Old 7 Oct 2007, 13:23 (Ref:2033945)   #74
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1manoz
Lovely article...
I understand to keep things equal they are going to run a similar article on Max next week.
Old 7 Oct 2007, 13:40 (Ref:2033962)   #75
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster
It seems like Max Mosely is not only incompetent, but rude as well.

I think that his replacement as FIA president should be either Eddie Jordan, Damon Hill or Paul Stoddart - maybe even Mr Minardi ...
Even David Richards. We need a FIA president that could allow some plurality in motorsport, and not Formula 1 destroying all potential rivals, as happened with Group C Prototype Sportscars just after Mosley assumed his current role...