Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Apr 2011, 17:25 (Ref:2864363)   #1
adam1312
Rookie

United Kingdom
North East England
adam1312 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can Lewis Hamilton win the world championship?

In 2011 vettle is far ahead nut it's only 2 races in
Old 16 Apr 2011, 17:28 (Ref:2864364)   #2
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Depends how well McLaren can develop their car, I guess. But I'd be hugely suprised if anyone other than Vettel took the crown this year.
Old 16 Apr 2011, 18:38 (Ref:2864379)   #3
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
He may or may not.
Old 16 Apr 2011, 19:21 (Ref:2864397)   #4
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I highly doubt it. Adrian Newey and his team are too good.
Old 16 Apr 2011, 21:05 (Ref:2864443)   #5
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
UNlikely given the way the decks are loaded, but hey, it only needs one DNF by Vettel (the only way he might get beaten on form is if the car dies on him), and Hamilton happened to win, then the gap is almost closed, so it is too early to write anyone off just yet.

Button seems to be on top of the tyres more than Lewis, and I would say perhaps more likely than Hamilton, unless either Lewis changes his style to more suit the tyres or Pirelli change to more durable tyres that suit Lewis better.
Old 16 Apr 2011, 22:11 (Ref:2864487)   #6
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
No, IMHO.
Old 17 Apr 2011, 00:12 (Ref:2864552)   #7
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He could, if he was really on his game and forced Vettel into some errors with his driving on the track. He won't, because he's too worried about mind games and movie appearances. Button is doing quite well, and his ultimate pace is getting fairly good. If Lewis doesn't put all his focus in his race team, his teammate will be in a better position to compete against Vettel.
Old 17 Apr 2011, 02:22 (Ref:2864664)   #8
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Can't even beat his own teammate ... Hamilton will NEVER win another WDC, not this year or any other. car is obviously capable but he is too erratic and inconsistent.
Old 17 Apr 2011, 02:26 (Ref:2864668)   #9
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No.
Old 17 Apr 2011, 02:29 (Ref:2864670)   #10
Peralta
Veteran

Mexico
Guadalajara Jalisco
Peralta is a back marker
Vettel will win the championship by Silverstone. Bet on that.
Old 17 Apr 2011, 02:40 (Ref:2864672)   #11
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He can but so can either of the HRT drivers.

I don't think he will. I have sneaky feeling he'll only be a one-time champion, unless he swaps with Vettel.
Old 17 Apr 2011, 06:11 (Ref:2864709)   #12
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by beau1 View Post
He can but so can either of the HRT drivers.
You think so? I don't. Having the best car doesn't automaticlly make you a champion, just ask Webber.

Back to Lewis...

Can he win the World Championship? Yes, he's done it before.

Will it be this year? Doubtful, the better driver in the better car will.
Old 17 Apr 2011, 06:24 (Ref:2864714)   #13
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes, but not this year.
Old 17 Apr 2011, 06:34 (Ref:2864716)   #14
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeks6 View Post
Can't even beat his own teammate...
Eh?
Old 17 Apr 2011, 06:38 (Ref:2864719)   #15
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
Eh?
According to the points table deeks is correct.

At the moment Hamilton is only as good as Webber.
Old 17 Apr 2011, 06:43 (Ref:2864720)   #16
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Let's see how things are at the end of the season. Hamilton has yet to finish behind a team-mate, including two fellow world champions. Vettel is occasionally bested by Webber, but nobody would say that Vettel 'can't even beat his own team-mate'.
Old 17 Apr 2011, 09:15 (Ref:2864854)   #17
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Can't even beat his own teammate ... Hamilton will NEVER win another WDC, not this year or any other. car is obviously capable but he is too erratic and inconsistent.
Hmmm....
Old 17 Apr 2011, 09:17 (Ref:2864861)   #18
newlaprecord
Racer

Switzerland
Feusisberg
newlaprecord should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No but yeah but no but yeah but no but

(dont quote me on this one tho)
Old 17 Apr 2011, 09:19 (Ref:2864863)   #19
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Still, emphatically, no I am afraid.
Old 17 Apr 2011, 09:20 (Ref:2864867)   #20
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
He definitely can, but I'm not convinced he will.
Old 17 Apr 2011, 09:33 (Ref:2864892)   #21
ChrisPage
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham
ChrisPage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Ha ha ha ha ha ha! Brilliant! Nice one!

In answer to the question - I think its far too early to say where the season will go. Obviously at the minute you'd be brave to bet beyond Vettel, but its a long season.
Old 17 Apr 2011, 09:43 (Ref:2864908)   #22
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
We are only three Grands Prix into a long season, so Lewis can definitely win it from here - no question.

Whether he does is of course one of the fascinations of F1 and one of the reasons that we all watch it - not just in terms of Lewis but the competition amongst all the drivers.

This season looking really good so far but the teams haven't all got their heads around tyres/KERS/DRS yet and once they do the racing may become more predictable (but I hope that I'm wrong).
Old 17 Apr 2011, 09:59 (Ref:2864929)   #23
roachy101
Racer

roachy101 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Hamilton can stay out of trouble (unlike the back end of 2010), then he might have a chance especially if he drives like he did today but i have a feeling that Red Bull may even still have an added edge over Mclaren so it will be difficult but not impossible
Old 17 Apr 2011, 12:32 (Ref:2865005)   #24
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
As brilliantly as Lewis drove today, i still think he only won because Red Bull messed up. The McLaren has some great speed and maybe quali isn't as important this year but 7/10ths down in quali , twice out of three races is a massive gap.

The Mac will get quicker, but so will the Red Bull, especially if they get on top of KERS. I still see Vettel as the favourite, but time will tell.
Old 17 Apr 2011, 12:34 (Ref:2865007)   #25
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I doubt it. I admit, he drove an impressive race today, but the Red Bull is still the car to beat. Once they get KERS working in that thing, I think it will be very difficult for McLaren to catch Vettel.