Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 5 Oct 2017, 16:31 (Ref:3772114)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
PitWalk Tickets

A question people.

The ACO sell very expensive pitwalk tickets $500+ for non-members. A old friend of mine is contemplating getting a couple of tickets for himself and another friend as 2018 will see his 50th anniversary at Le Mans (having first attended in 1968). He is hoping that this ticket will get him on the grid before the start of the race - along with all the 'pretty people'.... Does anyone know (for sure) what these seemingly gold-plated tickets actually allow you to do?

Thanks.
Old 6 Oct 2017, 18:40 (Ref:3772342)   #2
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
I asked my mate James as he's bought the pitwalk ticket before, and used one from a friend of his as well, and yes it does!!!! I'll copy paste his answer completely here:

"Hi vince, i can confirm that these do allow you onto the grid before the race. If you look on my facebook there is a picture of my mum on the grid before the race with the audi mechanics. My understanding is that these tickets allow you access to the paddock whenever you want apart from when the pit lane is live, so i think you have to be out at least half an hour before any racing sessions take place. Mike very kindly lent us his pass too so my mum and dad could go on the grid together as i couldn't afford 2 passes!"
Old 6 Oct 2017, 18:44 (Ref:3772345)   #3
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
And yes he has a picture of his mum on the grid just before the start of the race (will not post it here).
Old 7 Oct 2017, 17:38 (Ref:3772558)   #4
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've also concidered these because it does allow you to go almost everywhere. I decided this year not to buy them, probably never, why...........?
They sell to many tickets, have you seen how busy it was on the grid just before start of the race. It looked twice as crowded as free pitwalk on friday. However these tickets allow you to go on pitwalk thursday, tempting...........
Old 8 Oct 2017, 18:45 (Ref:3773052)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
But very expensive......
Old 8 Oct 2017, 20:24 (Ref:3773071)   #6
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Well, you don't have to pay for them, do you?
Old 8 Oct 2017, 20:36 (Ref:3773077)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
That is true........
Old 11 Oct 2017, 14:36 (Ref:3773690)   #8
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Just got the 2018 application form, pitlane tickets are euro 650 for non members and 420 for aco members (two tickets maximum i think)
Old 11 Oct 2017, 16:05 (Ref:3773713)   #9
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Discount on one of these alone makes the ACO membership worth your while
Old 11 Oct 2017, 18:05 (Ref:3773733)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
That is a big saving.....
Old 11 Oct 2017, 20:27 (Ref:3773760)   #11
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Just got the 2018 application form, pitlane tickets are euro 650 for non members and 420 for aco members (two tickets maximum i think)
If I'm correct, the discount only comes with the most expensive membership.
Old 11 Oct 2017, 21:05 (Ref:3773768)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Really? That could be bad news for my pal....
Old 11 Oct 2017, 21:12 (Ref:3773770)   #13
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
I've also concidered these because it does allow you to go almost everywhere. I decided this year not to buy them, probably never, why...........?
They sell to many tickets, have you seen how busy it was on the grid just before start of the race. It looked twice as crowded as free pitwalk on friday. However these tickets allow you to go on pitwalk thursday, tempting...........
I've been on the grid just before the race. There are a lot of people, but it's not crowded unless you are desperate to get to the main cars. They are pushed past you on the way to the chevron anyway.

It's a special thing to do. Is it worth the cash? Well that's down to person.
Old 13 Oct 2017, 12:28 (Ref:3774005)   #14
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Really? That could be bad news for my pal....
Yes, afraid so.
You need to have "Racing Elite" membership - €249/year - to get the discount.
Old 13 Oct 2017, 16:49 (Ref:3774046)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yep, thanks Christopher. My pal has decided not to 'invest' in these tickets........
Old 13 Oct 2017, 17:18 (Ref:3774052)   #16
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Yep, thanks Christopher. My pal has decided not to 'invest' in these tickets........
Tell him to fill out the wec survey i think the prize includes tickets
Old 13 Oct 2017, 20:00 (Ref:3774073)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
He can have mine then when I win.......
Old 14 Oct 2017, 19:59 (Ref:3774210)   #18
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
come on Andrew you never win, and if you did the shock would be too much for you
Old 14 Oct 2017, 22:01 (Ref:3774225)   #19
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yeah, and I'd have to run back to my grandstand seat as well - and that would never do!