Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 28 May 2011, 23:27 (Ref:2887290)   #1
joss Ronchetti
Racer

United Kingdom
Great Glen, Leicester
joss Ronchetti should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heritage GTC @ Snetterton

Dispite a small grid of 15 I can vouch the racing up the sharp end was fierce, but fair at the front
With both 40 minute races fought hard to the end
Graham and Oli Bryant's Morgan V8 won race one, followed home by my Sunbeam, sharing the drive this weekend, with the car's wizard preparer and local man, Phil Seaman from Stratton Strawless, and John Wilsons Mighty MGB V8 taking 3rd after 2 offs. Unfourtunately the polesetting John Dickinson Cobras chance were over in both races due to oil leaks.
Race two John Wilson took the win, with the Sunbeam 1.8 secs behind and the Morgan a further 4 seconds a lap that had been closing in on us at a rate of 3.5 secs a lap with Oli Bryant at the wheel
Some footage from race 1, more to follow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FURoblkr4y0
Old 29 May 2011, 00:52 (Ref:2887310)   #2
joss Ronchetti
Racer

United Kingdom
Great Glen, Leicester
joss Ronchetti should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqAhY-j9t7E
Old 29 May 2011, 07:11 (Ref:2887342)   #3
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
gt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As usual Joss, great onboard footage and well done to you and everyone else for good clean and entertaining racing.

I know i,m a fine one to talk, having blown my engine and having to withdraw my entry, but i too was suprised at the relatively low turnout in what i had assumed was a well subscribed register.
Old 29 May 2011, 10:22 (Ref:2887397)   #4
jacobyte
Rookie

United Kingdom
jacobyte should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Excellent footage there, and good to see some proper racing up at the sharp end of the grid.

The troubles on the Daytona Cobra are all fairly straightforward to fix, so hopefully we'll be rather more competitive at Brands (or Donny if I can make it):

- Throttle pedal that doesn't stick open (now already fixed)
- SRF brake fluid (so I can actually stop the thing)
- Rocker covers with breathers routed from the front of the banks (not rear, as oil was surging onto the manifolds under acceleration from slow corners)
- Proper breather/catchtank system
- Oil cooler (it's going well over 130 C [260+ Fahrenheit])
- Gearbox that allows me to select 2nd gear (with five 2nd gear corners at Snet, using 3rd was sloooooow)

All in all, not too hard to sort out. Adjustable dampers and weight loss of about 200Kg might be on the cards for 2012, but as mentioned to you Graham, I'm eager to maintain its road car manners, so we'll never worry the front-end contenders.

For some reason I'm classified as a finisher in race 2, with fastest class lap. Can't complain!