Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 22 Sep 2020, 15:56 (Ref:4005630)   #176
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
1927; Three Bentleys involved in 8 car crash at Maison Blanche Bentley No 3 went on to win.

Voila!

Sorry no pictures as I was at Terte Rouge
Old 22 Sep 2020, 17:17 (Ref:4005654)   #177
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCCheddaris View Post
I immediately thought it must be the 1927 race when the three works Bentleys became embroiled in a pile up at Maison Blanche, but only two Bentleys were eliminated, leaving 'Old Number 7' (actually carrying number 3) to win.
That was going to be my next guess given my Ferrari 1970 answer was knocked back.

I have seen a pic of "Old #7" being squeezed through the main entrance revolving door of the Savoy Hotel to take its place as 'guest of honour' at the official Bentley celebration dinner in honour of the win.
In fact I have found a copies on my computer.

Old 22 Sep 2020, 18:20 (Ref:4005671)   #178
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
GCC got it right later supported by EB's wonderful pictures. Bauble and GCC, kudos for the year. Funnily, it was certainly easier to slide the badly bent Bentley though the revolving door of the Savoy!
Old 22 Sep 2020, 18:32 (Ref:4005676)   #179
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Another one of old Le Mans? Yeeees!
I'm not pretty, almost ugly but people like my front badge. During Q I sieze three pistons and my "Boss" wants to give up and retire. During the race, my main competitor tries to swallow a sandwich with valve springs hidden in it. With no success. Who am I? What year? What brand was the said competitor?
Old 22 Sep 2020, 18:35 (Ref:4005680)   #180
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Au fait, Chris, tu peux nous expliquer pourquoi Ol'7 porte le numéro 3? Ou alors un de nous deux a grand besoin de lunettes, Mec!!!
PS: GCC gave the answer, again…………
Old 23 Sep 2020, 04:54 (Ref:4005740)   #181
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
C'on, this one is easy, I repeat:
I'm not pretty, almost ugly but people like my front badge. During Q I sieze three pistons and my "Boss" wants to give up and retire. During the race, my main competitor tries to swallow a sandwich with valve springs hidden in it. With no success.
Who am I?
What year?
What brand was the said competitor?
Old 25 Sep 2020, 07:25 (Ref:4006117)   #182
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Bugatti, '39, Alfa. You dont like my quizz, do you?
Old 25 Sep 2020, 11:57 (Ref:4006196)   #183
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Bugatti, '39, Alfa. You dont like my quizz, do you?
With questions like that you might have to be evicted from the Stupido Club!
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 25 Sep 2020, 13:54 (Ref:4006220)   #184
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Thanks for the warning!
Old 25 Sep 2020, 20:40 (Ref:4006267)   #185
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
Quote:
Thanks for the warning!
Mag 7's #60
Old 29 Sep 2020, 21:03 (Ref:4007454)   #186
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having just read through this entire thread, it prompts a question:

Do I need to be smoking/injecting/snorting illegal substances before I'm allowed to take part?
Old 29 Sep 2020, 21:55 (Ref:4007470)   #187
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
Having just read through this entire thread, it prompts a question:

Do I need to be smoking/injecting/snorting illegal substances before I'm allowed to take part?
It is not compulsory, but it would help.

A little know aerodynamic device was invented by a famous Brazilian driver, and had a unique form of side pod, known as the Senna Pods, and guaranteed to make you go faster.

Snort, sniff, puff.
Old 30 Sep 2020, 07:30 (Ref:4007519)   #188
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Having just read through this entire thread
Did you really read all the thread, Paul? Kudos! You just need smiling and playing with us, enthusiasm is a good fuel. Of course, joining our new club might help, see how happy our members are!
Old 30 Sep 2020, 09:44 (Ref:4007540)   #189
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Did you really read all the thread, Paul? Kudos! You just need smiling and playing with us, enthusiasm is a good fuel. Of course, joining our new club might help, see how happy our members are!
I did indeed read the whole lot Gerard! What an exciting life I have!

Although I must confess I didn't understand most of it...
Old 30 Sep 2020, 13:05 (Ref:4007558)   #190
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
I did indeed read the whole lot Gerard! What an exciting life I have!

Although I must confess I didn't understand most of it...

The answer to that is not to read any post by Gerard, then everything makes perfect sense.
Old 30 Sep 2020, 17:42 (Ref:4007655)   #191
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Back to the title of the thread.
I expect GCC to be along very soon, can you identify the cars and the common link?

Click image for larger version

Name:	puzzle    (5).JPG
Views:	11
Size:	1.69 MB
ID:	64399Click image for larger version

Name:	puzzle    (2).JPG
Views:	13
Size:	862.5 KB
ID:	64400Click image for larger version

Name:	puzzle    (6).JPG
Views:	17
Size:	2.38 MB
ID:	64401
Click image for larger version

Name:	puzzle    (3).JPG
Views:	13
Size:	4.35 MB
ID:	64402Click image for larger version

Name:	puzzle    (1).JPG
Views:	10
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	64403Click image for larger version

Name:	puzzle    (4).jpg
Views:	12
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	64404
Old 30 Sep 2020, 18:15 (Ref:4007658)   #192
bauble
Veteran

England
I can name four RB, and not knowing two probably makes the link hard to fine.

Well done on bringing us back on track, funnily enough I logged on to try and post a puzzle, when I found yours. Great minds .......!
Old 30 Sep 2020, 18:25 (Ref:4007659)   #193
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
I can name four RB, and not knowing two probably makes the link hard to fine.

Well done on bringing us back on track, funnily enough I logged on to try and post a puzzle, when I found yours. Great minds .......!
One does tell you what it is !
Old 30 Sep 2020, 19:25 (Ref:4007678)   #194
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
One does tell you what it is !
Three have their names showing!
Old 30 Sep 2020, 19:32 (Ref:4007680)   #195
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
I thought there was just 2 names of cars & 1 engine supplier.
Old 30 Sep 2020, 19:33 (Ref:4007682)   #196
bauble
Veteran

England
Usual rules apply (Gerard);

Name all the cars and find another one. Any one good at anagrams?
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_0446.JPG   IMG_1294.JPG   _MG_0037.JPG  

IMG_2929.JPG   Used (6).png   _MG_0038 (2).JPG  

Old 30 Sep 2020, 19:55 (Ref:4007687)   #197
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
Holy sh#t, I actually know an answer...well I can name one of Baubles photos....Ralf Emmerling in his Elva Mk 5....I am going to lie in a darkened room to recover!!
Mag 7's #60
Old 30 Sep 2020, 21:33 (Ref:4007707)   #198
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post
Holy sh#t, I actually know an answer...well I can name one of Baubles photos....Ralf Emmerling in his Elva Mk 5....I am going to lie in a darkened room to recover!!
So the usual rules don't apply to you then?

I see a very strict lockdown heading your way 356.

Still well done on getting it right, but you still need to ID six more and crack the anagram,

Should keep you busy until Boris lets you out.

Er! One other car has it's name on the side.
Old 1 Oct 2020, 08:13 (Ref:4007746)   #199
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
Sorry Bob, was just too excited about being able to answer even part of it,
Mag 7's #60
Old 1 Oct 2020, 09:00 (Ref:4007749)   #200
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
[/B]
The answer to that is not to read any post by Gerard, then everything makes perfect sense.
Thanks Baub, I will take this as a compliment although I am sure this wasn't your intention!