Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 26 Nov 2010, 16:29 (Ref:2796142)   #1
car35
Rookie

United Kingdom
east anglia
car35 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heritage Gt Challenge

After an encouraging year in the Heritage which I found very enjoyable racing against some beautiful and very quick cars at events like the BTCC and Lotus Festival I have posted some movies on youtube. Links below;

Cars of the series: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7zFa3xSl_A

People of the series: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3b_0mVYO1w

Heritage Intro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJIYsFxSptI&fea...
Old 27 Nov 2010, 08:58 (Ref:2796348)   #2
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
John, will the series be following the same format next year with race lengths etc?
Old 27 Nov 2010, 11:06 (Ref:2796379)   #3
car35
Rookie

United Kingdom
east anglia
Competitors tended to dip in and out of the series treating themselves to events which interested them. We had over 50 cars race through the season but never a full grid. With this in mind the organisers want to make the series more accessible and encourage regular commitment.
I am sure it will be endurance style racing with pit stops but the rest is open for discussion.
I believe eligibility will be decided by committee and replicas of the period with the same silhouette and engine block will be considered, well I hope! But nothing that they consider is outside the spirit of the series.
The two driver format works well as you can share the costs, as you know Cheng gets a drive in return for preping the car. It makes it more social to.
Love the pic of your car at Spa.
Old 27 Nov 2010, 11:14 (Ref:2796381)   #4
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I wanted to do some races this year but the cost, although good value for track time still worked out quite expensive per weekend.
Old 27 Nov 2010, 17:28 (Ref:2796504)   #5
car35
Rookie

United Kingdom
east anglia
Lets hope they look at that. I was lucky I got a big discount by paying the season in advance which made it very reasonable.
Old 27 Nov 2010, 17:30 (Ref:2796506)   #6
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
gt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

Tim,

Like you, i too would have liked to have raced in the Heritage series but i was turned down, initially a few seasons ago with the GT40, and the 917 this past season. They finally said yes to the 40, but not to the 917 as, and i quote RBs exact words, " if we let it in it would open the flood gates to other similar cars".

I,m never going to compete against some of the massive HP engined cars out there already and i would have thought that they would have welcomed a couple more cars out there as some of the grids have been very poor. John Dickson is now on the "commitee" and i think that he will be pushing hard for some changes and new blood.

Can we have a discount if we don,t go into the hospitality tent?

Fingers crossed for 2011.
Old 27 Nov 2010, 22:06 (Ref:2796585)   #7
kickstart
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cheshire
kickstart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I shared a friend's Crossle at Silverstone and was very impressed by the set up being more used to clubbie style racing.

Hoping to do a few more rounds in 2011
Old 28 Nov 2010, 00:29 (Ref:2796605)   #8
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I ran in the Heritage series when it started until my "forced" retirement due to a serious spinal problem in 2008.
A brilliant series and as Tim mentioned value for money track time and hospitality. Also running with a top series most of the time the "stalwarts" are a good bunch once you get to know them.
I'll never forget Mondello Park with the BTCC a few years back when I took both of my sponsors along, they got completely "rat arsed" in a local pub on the Saturday night and the friendly local police brought them back to the circuit at an unearthly hour (it could only happen in Ireland).
Hopefully if things work out I could rejoin for 2011 !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 4 Dec 2010, 17:30 (Ref:2799585)   #9
car35
Rookie

United Kingdom
east anglia
Just seen provisional calender;

1 hour on Silverstone GP, Brands GP and new Snetterton 300.....Cool!
Old 5 Dec 2010, 21:38 (Ref:2800106)   #10
John Wilson
Rookie

John Wilson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking forward to the new circuit at snetterton with more corners it should help us little un's against the big un's !
Old 6 Dec 2010, 09:37 (Ref:2800253)   #11
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Welcome, John.
Old 6 Dec 2010, 15:23 (Ref:2800399)   #12
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstart View Post
I shared a friend's Crossle at Silverstone and was very impressed by the set up being more used to clubbie style racing.

Hoping to do a few more rounds in 2011
are sportsracers allowed to enter? Given I presume this is one of the modern replica's with a Zetec or BMW engine I am surprised the other poster with the replica GT40 and 917 was turned down..
Old 6 Dec 2010, 16:09 (Ref:2800418)   #13
joss Ronchetti
Racer

United Kingdom
Great Glen, Leicester
joss Ronchetti should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi John, I was going to say the same about the new Snetterton 300, The shorter the straights the better for me :'0)
Looking forward to some close, clean racing again with you and the boys next season :')
See you at the Dinner Dance we have booked a table of ten in.
Old 6 Dec 2010, 18:18 (Ref:2800479)   #14
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I think it will be OK for the big bangers, seems some nice sweepy bends there and plenty of torque to pull out the bends must be good. I am looking forward to having a go on the 300 sadly not with Heritage as they are a bit too over the top for my cars.
Old 6 Dec 2010, 19:51 (Ref:2800515)   #15
John Wilson
Rookie

Thanks for the welcome. We too are booked in for the dinner dance. See you on the dance floor!!!!
Old 6 Dec 2010, 21:12 (Ref:2800545)   #16
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
gt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Simon,

Can i just confirm that i would be OK with the GT40 now, but still not with the 917. It might be that for next season with new outlook that i might be allowed to run with it. I,d be happy to start at the back of the grid (probably do that anyway) and gain no prizes (fat chance anyway) just to be able to get extra races with it.

The strange thing is that it is far more accurate in its construction (except that it is only a six cylinder Porsche engine) than the 40, and as such not as modified as many of the existing runners.

I shall come along to the drivers meeting to hear all the latest about the 2011 Heritage season, but I would seriously like to find out what past , present or future participants feel about it being able to run in the series.

Any fairly constructive views about it, or any other cars that have been refused to the series in the past ?

Graham.
Old 6 Dec 2010, 22:28 (Ref:2800590)   #17
car35
Rookie

United Kingdom
east anglia
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
are sportsracers allowed to enter? Given I presume this is one of the modern replica's with a Zetec or BMW engine I am surprised the other poster with the replica GT40 and 917 was turned down..
Not for me to say. Sports racers and other GT40s were only allowed under invitation last year from the SRGT.
Old 7 Dec 2010, 09:32 (Ref:2800751)   #18
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Having seen a few rounds on the telly it looks pretty much to be Formula Libra (so long as its closed wheel and looks vaguely old!). That is not neccessarily a bad thing - especially if some great old silouettes come out..
maybe it should go more in the direction of supersports...
Old 19 Dec 2010, 10:25 (Ref:2806250)   #19
car35
Rookie

United Kingdom
east anglia
Recieved this from the organisers, looks good.

This calendar has been put together to ensure that you get as much time on track as possible whilst avoiding inconvenient time tables with long periods between races.

Long Races, Long Tracks: Brands Hatch Grand Prix, Snetterton 300 and Silverstone Grand Prix.

Single Day Indulgence Events: Double headers with up to 110 minutes on track.

Convenient Weekend Racing: With signing on and qualifying late on Saturday and the second race at 3pm on the Sunday, you will no longer have to leave Friday and get home in the dark on the Sunday.

Heritage Grand Touring Car Challenge
2011 Dates

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit Sunday 17th April
One day meeting 25 minutes qualifying Race 1 - 50 minutes

Snetterton New 300 Circuit Saturday 28th May
AMOC One day meeting 30 minutes qualifying
Race 1 - 40 minutes
Race 2 - 40 minutes

Donington Circuit TBC Sunday 26th June
AMOC One day meeting 20 minutes qualifying
Race 1 - 40 minutes
Race 2 - 30 minutes

Brands Hatch Indy Circuit Saturday 16th - 17th July
One and a half day event Saturday sign-on qualifying 16.30pm
Sunday race 1 - 40 minutes 11.00am
Sunday race 2 - 30 minutes 15.00pm

Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit Saturday 20th - 21st August
One and a half day event Saturday sign-on qualifying 17.00pm
Sunday race 1 - 45 minutes 11.00am
Sunday race 2 - 30 minutes 15.15pm

Oulton Park TBC September/October
MSV
Old 20 Dec 2010, 22:00 (Ref:2806690)   #20
John Wilson
Rookie

I Have just seen next years calender and it looks really good. Looking forward to it
already.
Old 25 Dec 2010, 18:55 (Ref:2808413)   #21
joss Ronchetti
Racer

United Kingdom
Great Glen, Leicester
Good Calender for me too John as only the first round @ Silverstone clashes with my Classic Thunder Championship dates so I will do all the other 5 dates unless the Oulton one TBA clashes.
Also leaves me clear to try The Manx Classic in late April as I have been meaning to try the Isle of Man...bank of 4 Cibies here we come :'0)
See you at the Dinner Dance/drivers meeting, hoping you have come up with some good fair decisions/ideas on time penalties and later eligibilty dates? Cheers Joss
Old 29 Dec 2010, 19:21 (Ref:2809268)   #22
car35
Rookie

United Kingdom
east anglia
Dont know if you know but there will be a Doctor at the Hotel in the afternoon of the Drivers meeting/Dinner (22nd January) on hand to give medicals which is handy although not sure if thats wise so soon after Christmas. Still could be worse could be the day after the Dinner!
Old 10 Jan 2011, 20:19 (Ref:2813889)   #23
joss Ronchetti
Racer

United Kingdom
Great Glen, Leicester
I have 3 different 2nd drivers now confirmed for the first 3 meetings that I am doing.
Snetterton 300 with Phil Seaman, who prepares the car
Donington with Barry 'Whizzo' Williams
Brands Indy with Julian Westwood
Looking forward to a great 2011 season
Old 12 Jan 2011, 21:50 (Ref:2814966)   #24
car35
Rookie

United Kingdom
east anglia
How Cool although I think you need to tie one hand behind Julians back.
Old 12 Jan 2011, 22:45 (Ref:2814988)   #25
kickstart
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cheshire
kickstart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by car35 View Post
Not for me to say. Sports racers and other GT40s were only allowed under invitation last year from the SRGT.
The Crossle is a road registered original 1966 car and a lovely old thing but it does have a modern zetec engine, which just about makes it affordable to race.