Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 5 Dec 2019, 21:13 (Ref:3945061)   #26
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Woops.

On the last post On is actually 'One'.

Apologies
Old 6 Dec 2019, 08:12 (Ref:3945130)   #27
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
Thanks Will, if only my own Mini racing career had been as successful/spectacular!
Old 6 Dec 2019, 10:33 (Ref:3945141)   #28
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good thread, well done Will. I've seen loads of these before but it's great to centrallze them in one place
Old 6 Dec 2019, 10:44 (Ref:3945143)   #29
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Good thread, well done Will. I've seen loads of these before but it's great to centrallze them in one place
A very good thread. Some great videos here!
Old 6 Dec 2019, 11:20 (Ref:3945158)   #30
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cawBXWWgqCI

This one is always worth watching.
I don't know how many times I've watched this race, always bring a smile. Incredible car control in such diverse machinery, superb.
Old 6 Dec 2019, 11:41 (Ref:3945163)   #31
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Fotgotten and unknown Group C Sportscars (I had no knowledge of the Peugeot or the Alfa included in the clip.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_VRrFt5gDM&t=6s
Old 6 Dec 2019, 11:52 (Ref:3945166)   #32
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
E.B, moi non plus je ne me souvenais plus de l'Alfa mais la 905, du moins la coque, avait été dessinée par Dassaut. Les pilotes se plaignaient de l'exiguïté de l'habitacle et d'un certain manque de visibilité. Normal puisque c'était un avion de chasse posé sur roues…
Was'nt in '91 the 905 first appearance, Gilles Villeneuve circuit?
Old 6 Dec 2019, 11:59 (Ref:3945168)   #33
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its first appearance at Le Mans

https://www.motorsport.com/wec/video...e-mans/442773/

and the '93 car at Monza this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCK8Of5QtPM

and an onboard at Le Mans Classic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxQDl0_RB4Q
Old 6 Dec 2019, 12:03 (Ref:3945169)   #34
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Wanna see French typical french driver involvement?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSsyZFBCtB4
If you're looking for a reason to the crash, have a look to the front left wheel…*I mean before!

As bauble says, French drivers when they roll, they roll!
Old 6 Dec 2019, 12:08 (Ref:3945170)   #35
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
E.B, dont tell me about "jump start" after those:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkcGPf-fLV0
Old 6 Dec 2019, 12:10 (Ref:3945171)   #36
Willmaz223
Veteran

Onboard a Mercedes C11 at Le Mans clocking in at 310 kph.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3riYWTbkfsE
Old 6 Dec 2019, 12:11 (Ref:3945172)   #37
Willmaz223
Veteran

Something on two and three wheels. Old Footage from the 80s and 90s when my old man was racing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMKXBhHSZJs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITulF0Y0U5A
Old 6 Dec 2019, 12:23 (Ref:3945177)   #38
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Wanna see French typical french driver involvement?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSsyZFBCtB4
If you're looking for a reason to the crash, have a look to the front left wheel…*I mean before!

As bauble says, French drivers when they roll, they roll!
Dalmas had a habit of doing that, whatever brand he drove.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTSdaILo4L4

Edit: Just realised that the Dalmas incident above was already shown by the 'Jump start' clip Gérard posted.

Last edited by E.B; 6 Dec 2019 at 12:44.
Old 6 Dec 2019, 12:23 (Ref:3945180)   #39
ralt-racer
Racer

ralt-racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Hmm.

I suspect not quite what you had in mind Will but interesting nevertheless (I think).

You might enjoy it on a couple of levels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iAc3qm0d-I

Brands Indy Lap record time comparing in car and sim racing.

Same driver.
Scott is a great bloke and a great driver, good video Grant!
Old 6 Dec 2019, 12:31 (Ref:3945181)   #40
ralt-racer
Racer

ralt-racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If shamless self plugs are alowed then have a look at the below one of my better races

https://youtu.be/SIxurTCl7Y0

Benn
Old 6 Dec 2019, 12:37 (Ref:3945185)   #41
Willmaz223
Veteran

Onboard of Sam Hancock driving the 1974 Alfa Romeo Tipo 33/TT12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LURJgtS47jo
Old 6 Dec 2019, 12:37 (Ref:3945186)   #42
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
E.B, moi non plus je ne me souvenais plus de l'Alfa mais la 905, du moins la coque, avait été dessinée par Dassaut. Les pilotes se plaignaient de l'exiguïté de l'habitacle et d'un certain manque de visibilité. Normal puisque c'était un avion de chasse posé sur roues…
Was'nt in '91 the 905 first appearance, Gilles Villeneuve circuit?
Interesting re the Fighter jet origins of the 905 in the clip that Will posted re the 905. I noticed small Dassault stickers on the car. I remember the 905's that raced at Le Mans well, it was the 905 Evo2 "Supercopter" version shown at the end of the clip I posted that I knew nothing of. That also had Dassault in big letters on the rear wing so no doubt was equally heavily influenced..
Old 6 Dec 2019, 12:41 (Ref:3945187)   #43
Willmaz223
Veteran

Here is Scott Mansell driving the '97 Benetton F1 car at Donington Park National lapping in a time of 1:03:08.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa-sqEuECp8

Only 235 views. Such a pity.
Old 6 Dec 2019, 13:01 (Ref:3945192)   #44
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralt-racer View Post
If shamless self plugs are allowed…Benn
You mean encouraged, not allowed! You started P13 and finished P1, yes? Respect!
Old 6 Dec 2019, 13:03 (Ref:3945194)   #45
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
E.B, if you can go till the end of the Monza video, back to his box Dalmas explains in French why he went off. Between explanations and excuses…
Old 6 Dec 2019, 13:35 (Ref:3945201)   #46
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Puisque tu as compris la teneur du lien entre Dassault et Peugeot, je complète. Souviens-toi que c'était les vrais débuts des freins en carbone pour l'automobile, une spécialité française puisque je crois que la Venturi fut la première auto de route homologuée avec cet équipement. Freins carbone venus de l'aviation, merci Carbone Lorraine.
Pour les débuts de ce matériau, il fallait composer avec une plage de température élevée mais surtout très étroite. Façon, avant ça freine pas, après non plus! Mon avis est que Dalmas, Ã* force de sauter les trottoirs de Monza comme toi ceux de Bathurst avec ta 'Tina, a arraché une écope de refroidissement. D'où la perte des freins, surtout Ã* l'avant, ce qui lui a donné la sensation que toute la balance était Ã* l'arrière. Maintenant si tu veux continuer Ã* parler des pilotes français dans ta langue natale… be my guest!!!
Old 6 Dec 2019, 13:47 (Ref:3945203)   #47
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
To go on with E.B and Benn ralt-reynard-racer something I really can't appreciate when posting on Utub' are the comments. Fine when they come from other racers but all the BS read coming from people with few knowledge p....d me of. I just posted once or twice to please my friend Jean Marc and all the comments are disabled.
Old 6 Dec 2019, 14:28 (Ref:3945207)   #48
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Gérard, I know the French were very much at the forefront of carbon brakes... Gordon Murray had got the idea from Concorde and tried to develop the concept for F1 as it began to look like a must have technology in F1. I think he was working with a US Company (Hitco?) who he had an exclusive arrangement with, and which forced other teams to look elsewhere. It took them a few years to perfect having had problems with boiling fluids and other heat radiation associated problems and narrow operating bands as you mentioned. I think French aerospace supplier Carbone Industrie came to the party, but it took them a while to catch up on work Murray had been doing for years.
Hence Brabham were very much helped to their World Championship win in 1983 by their carbon brakes (Piquet was the first to win a GP using carbon brakes in 1982, winning the Brazilian GP - until he was DSQ'd for being underweight. : D)
Certainly the French involvement sped up the advancement of carbon brakes to where we are now. I think Carbone Industrie are now the go to supplier for F1, along with Brembo.
Old 6 Dec 2019, 14:39 (Ref:3945214)   #49
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I dont know when they started their deep involvement but I often saw french technicians taking care of the brakes at each important race. Hence the results. Thanks for the clarification about G Murray I totally forgot about. And not only because the supplier is american… Do you remember when the airport maintenance crews had to spread water on the discs after a landing? Pioneers, yes.
Old 6 Dec 2019, 14:53 (Ref:3945219)   #50
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Brake cooling on commercial aircraft can still be a cause of concern. Aircraft that are subject to an aborted take-off where the brakes are utilised to bring the aircraft's speed down to permitted taxiing speed are usually required to stay on the ground for a period to allow the brakes to cool. And, in the case where the hold is only short, when the aircraft does actually take-off, it is not unusual for the pilot to keep the undercarriage lowered for an extended period in the climb to allow the brakes to cool further in the rushing air before they are retracted and stored. Unfortunately, not a very economical use of fuel.