Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 25 Feb 2020, 10:30 (Ref:3959724)   #26
boggissimo
Rookie

United Kingdom
Kent
boggissimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudernst View Post
That is because they are "high speed trials" and not races, on paper at least.

The POM is meant for road registered cars, not race cars.
As a consquence normal seat belts as fitted by the manucafturer are acceptable, for instance.

If somebody entered a Chevron B8 with a borrowed V5 from a completely differend road car, that is really very cheap.

It was a fad a few years ago to do the POM in the most ridiculous car possible, preferebly bought for 500 pounds off Ebay or something like that.
We had fun......

RuE

That tradition still lives on - this year it was BMW 330s, last year it was MG F/TFs, etc. And there are always a dozen or so Frazer Nashes!

The event is run as a sprint/time trial in terms of car prep and safety equipment, but because there are multiple cars on track the minimum licence requirement is the basic race licence (i.e. ARDS test passed). It used to be required that the car was driven to the event, but that was dropped a few years ago and plenty of cars come to the event on trailers/in enormous trucks with a support crew.
Old 25 Feb 2020, 11:44 (Ref:3959737)   #27
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by boggissimo View Post
That tradition still lives on - this year it was BMW 330s, last year it was MG F/TFs, etc. And there are always a dozen or so Frazer Nashes!

The event is run as a sprint/time trial in terms of car prep and safety equipment, but because there are multiple cars on track the minimum licence requirement is the basic race licence (i.e. ARDS test passed). It used to be required that the car was driven to the event, but that was dropped a few years ago and plenty of cars come to the event on trailers/in enormous trucks with a support crew.
Three JAP cars and Hun! Shame on you Boggie.
Old 26 Feb 2020, 23:17 (Ref:3960099)   #28
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by boggissimo View Post
That tradition still lives on - this year it was BMW 330s, last year it was MG F/TFs, etc.
That's why the price of TF 160s went up when I was looking for on

Ah yes I remember the High Speed Trial. We used to have them at MG Live - or as it was called then the MG Car Club International Weekend. I did a couple but it was in my race car anyway so I had all the gear.

To coin a phrase - Happy Days!