Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Aug 2020, 16:07 (Ref:3995781)   #51
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They do strike me as fairly inattentive of Seb but it certainly isn't sabotage.
Old 16 Aug 2020, 16:09 (Ref:3995783)   #52
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by karting View Post
1 Ferrari starting on Softs
1 Ferrari starting on Mediums

Pits both on same lap...

Ask Seb to go flat out, 3 laps later asks him to save tyres to end of race...

Leaves seb out to do double laps on USED Soft Tyres than he did on Mediums, whilst every other team does bare minimum on Softs...
I have never SEEN anything so conclusive.
Old 16 Aug 2020, 16:17 (Ref:3995786)   #53
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
I wish the stewards would give Grojean a slap..
Very dangerous high speed change of direction again when Kimi tried to overtake.
It is certainly not the first time he has done it either.
Old 16 Aug 2020, 16:36 (Ref:3995789)   #54
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I have never SEEN anything so conclusive.
Think you both need to take your tin foil hats off

Again WHY would they sabotage their own driver? What would they gain from it.

It screams of desperation and incompetence not sabotage
Old 16 Aug 2020, 16:37 (Ref:3995790)   #55
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
I wish the stewards would give Grojean a slap..
Very dangerous high speed change of direction again when Kimi tried to overtake.
It is certainly not the first time he has done it either.
Talking of Roman..talk about stupid yellow speed humps at turn 1 on the through route they had to use
Old 16 Aug 2020, 16:53 (Ref:3995795)   #56
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
Think you both need to take your tin foil hats off

Again WHY would they sabotage their own driver? What would they gain from it.

It screams of desperation and incompetence not sabotage
I know I didn’t put a after it, but come on surely when you say something so ridiculous it’s obvious?

Although looking above at some of the posts perhaps not! My bad.
Old 16 Aug 2020, 16:55 (Ref:3995797)   #57
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I know I didn’t put a after it, but come on surely when you say something so ridiculous it’s obvious?

Although looking above at some of the posts perhaps not! My bad.
Lol I can’t see your ;-) I’m never sure when people are being sarcastic or serious these days....the world is so divided!
Old 16 Aug 2020, 16:56 (Ref:3995799)   #58
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Old 16 Aug 2020, 18:01 (Ref:3995809)   #59
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well glad i only watched the free highlights on sky, not sure i would have lasted the whole C4 race, was it me or was that a boring race
Old 16 Aug 2020, 19:01 (Ref:3995820)   #60
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Have to admit, it's hard to fathom a competence level as low as demonstrated by Ferrari today.
Old 16 Aug 2020, 19:32 (Ref:3995824)   #61
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't know what RBR were thinking. Round about lap 16 Vertappen said he was struggling with his rear tyres, so they brought Albon in, who was 8th or 9th, only to have him rejoin the race in 16th. He fought his way up the field to eventually finish 8th. That stop did hi no favours. I should have given him Driver of the Grand Prix.
Old 16 Aug 2020, 19:46 (Ref:3995826)   #62
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well the ferrari team was in a mess before, after that i think they will be looking very hard at what they can do to stop the continued slip down the F1 ladder
Old 16 Aug 2020, 19:49 (Ref:3995827)   #63
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well glad i only watched the free highlights on sky, not sure i would have lasted the whole C4 race, was it me or was that a boring race
It was a pretty dull affair....
Old 16 Aug 2020, 19:59 (Ref:3995831)   #64
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
It was a pretty dull affair....

No exaggeration !
Old 16 Aug 2020, 20:04 (Ref:3995833)   #65
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Hilights include -

It nearly rained.
Ferrari accidently sabotaged the wrong car.
Some drivers swore on the radio.
The stewards were so bored that they started penalising dirvers for a bit of a laugh.
Did I mention the rain?
Old 16 Aug 2020, 22:02 (Ref:3995848)   #66
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Well the ferrari team was in a mess before, after that i think they will be looking very hard at what they can do to stop the continued slip down the F1 ladder
There ain't nothing they can do other than the odd wing change here and there. Going to be a hard 18 months until the new car for Leclerc, and Sainz when he gets there.

Leclerc and it seems Vettel gave their all and more today in those things.
Old 17 Aug 2020, 04:24 (Ref:3995875)   #67
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Valteri 3.0 needs an update to 3.01 I feel
Old 17 Aug 2020, 08:17 (Ref:3995897)   #68
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yet another uneventful affair. Merc and Verstappen are on another level atm.

Ferrari did the right thing keeping Seb out till the end, it was the only way they were ever likely to get a decent result

Racing Points still going strong, shame Checo got that penalty. Hardly ever see penalties for blue flags these days
Old 17 Aug 2020, 08:44 (Ref:3995903)   #69
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Racing Points still going strong, shame Checo got that penalty. Hardly ever see penalties for blue flags these days
Especially for cases where the car obeyed the blue flag, but only moved wide forcing Lewis to the inside rather than himself going to the inside.

A non event / unwarranted penalty if ever I saw one
Old 17 Aug 2020, 08:53 (Ref:3995906)   #70
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Ferrari are trying to arrest their slide, they are trying to get the unfair penalties against Racing Point upgraded to compensate for their lack of performance.
Old 17 Aug 2020, 08:55 (Ref:3995907)   #71
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Especially for cases where the car obeyed the blue flag, but only moved wide forcing Lewis to the inside rather than himself going to the inside.

Agreed. I didn't see anything wrong there at all....
Old 17 Aug 2020, 09:43 (Ref:3995923)   #72
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just a few random thoughts:

1. What were those blue flag penalties about? I couldn't see anything wrong.

2. Why were so many teams making second tyre stops with laps in the 40s, when there was a forecast of rain about lap 50? (As it turned out, they were right of course.)

3. C4 commentators were speculating on why Ferrari mechanics were poking around in the cockpit of Leclerc's car. Apparently he undid his belts after the spin at the chicane. Then the car came back to life so he drove round slowly to the pits to have them done up. I didn't understand why he did a lap and a bit like that, instead of going straight into the pitlane immediately after the chicane.

4. Apparently teams will have to run a single engine mode all weekend in future, in an attempt to hobble Mercedes qualifying performance. Will Mercedes set the engines to "party mode" and then just put in an adjustable throttle stop to ease the strain on the engine?
Old 17 Aug 2020, 10:58 (Ref:3995934)   #73
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post

4. Apparently teams will have to run a single engine mode all weekend in future, in an attempt to hobble Mercedes qualifying performance. Will Mercedes set the engines to "party mode" and then just put in an adjustable throttle stop to ease the strain on the engine?

it involves a bit more than just a throttle stop, Mercedes might tell you exactly what and Ferrari would tell you that the FIA had greed to say nothing specific on the topic.
Old 17 Aug 2020, 10:59 (Ref:3995935)   #74
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post

1. What were those blue flag penalties about? I couldn't see anything wrong.

2. Why were so many teams making second tyre stops with laps in the 40s, when there was a forecast of rain about lap 50? (As it turned out, they were right of course.)

3. C4 commentators were speculating on why Ferrari mechanics were poking around in the cockpit of Leclerc's car. Apparently he undid his belts after the spin at the chicane. Then the car came back to life so he drove round slowly to the pits to have them done up. I didn't understand why he did a lap and a bit like that, instead of going straight into the pitlane immediately after the chicane.

The cynics would say this is to help the Ferrari powered teams - allegedly the FIA 'used' to be known in the paddock as Ferrari International Assistance..
Old 17 Aug 2020, 12:09 (Ref:3995948)   #75
ggreen29
Racer

ggreen29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post

I prefer the IMSA rules that direct the slower car to stay on the racing line and require the faster car to go around to pass. These F1 rules are more like Step aside for the King.