Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 Sep 2020, 13:05 (Ref:4005835)   #1
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Chase Carey to be replaced by former Ferrari boss Stefano Domenicali.

Apparently Chase Carey will be replaced by Stefano Domenicali.

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12...zmA4-f6IuDo18c
Old 23 Sep 2020, 13:21 (Ref:4005837)   #2
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Domenicali
Todt
Brawn

The dream team are back. Thank god it wasnt

Jordan
Briatore
Malja

Would be interesting to see how many major sports in the world, have Ex bosses and high ranking employees of one of their major competitors in charge of the decision making from financial, judiciary and rule making point of view.
Old 23 Sep 2020, 13:52 (Ref:4005844)   #3
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think this is good. He knows the sport but at the same time still has to answer to the shareholders (some checks and balances).

Richard
Old 23 Sep 2020, 14:16 (Ref:4005852)   #4
greentrumpet
Racer

greentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgreentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So refreshing that they're trying to move away from the Ferrari International Assistance moniker. Now, about last years engine...
Old 23 Sep 2020, 15:12 (Ref:4005861)   #5
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think Todt has done a good job with the FIA, even if I don’t always agree with him. You can tell deep down he cares about the sport and if some of his methods haven’t always been the best, he is doing it in the best of interests of the sport and it’s competitors. Despite it’s faults, the FIA has been very fair these past few seasons, can’t see much favouritism going on lately. Shame the technical rules went the wrong way, hopefully we can right the wrongs there, as we still have time
Old 23 Sep 2020, 16:17 (Ref:4005873)   #6
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
its silly but my first thought was about whether or not Domenicali will continue the BE trend of white shirt no tie?
Old 23 Sep 2020, 16:26 (Ref:4005876)   #7
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Stefano too 'nice' for this sort of role?

I don't know, I would have thought they needed someone pretty hard headed?
Old 23 Sep 2020, 16:53 (Ref:4005884)   #8
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Hmmm. Oversaw the start of the long-term decline at Ferrari. Ineffective running the FIA Single Seater commission. Had some sort of senior job at Alfa where nobody ever heard from him. What can possibly go wrong?
Old 23 Sep 2020, 19:50 (Ref:4005909)   #9
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Hmmm. Oversaw the start of the long-term decline at Ferrari. Ineffective running the FIA Single Seater commission. Had some sort of senior job at Alfa where nobody ever heard from him. What can possibly go wrong?
.......or Hmmm. Was dropped into the lead role at Ferrari as a patsy when poor decisions had already been made. Has been good as head of the FIA Single Seat Commission with F2 back and F3 stabilised. Ran Lamborghini and done so really well with clear vision. Great news for the sport!

He is extremely well regarded by many in the road-car world as well, which may assist F1 over time. To me it's a good thing - when it comes to this type of role, it could as one choice be a "cleanskin" from completely outside the sport such as Carey - different mindset and skills but bring good things, even if those in the sport are concerned about lack of knowledge of the sport and its ethos etc (Carey had plenty of criticism along those lines when he started). Alternatively it could be someone from within the sport or who has been within the sport but who also has broader experience and performance - Domenicali has that.
Old 23 Sep 2020, 21:15 (Ref:4005921)   #10
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
SD was far too good for Ferrari, so they gave him the heave-ho. I think he’ll be good for F1.
Old 23 Sep 2020, 21:48 (Ref:4005927)   #11
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What are the chances of Arrivabene appearing back in F1?
Old 23 Sep 2020, 21:53 (Ref:4005929)   #12
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
.......or Hmmm. Was dropped into the lead role at Ferrari as a patsy when poor decisions had already been made. Has been good as head of the FIA Single Seat Commission with F2 back and F3 stabilised. Ran Lamborghini and done so really well with clear vision. Great news for the sport! .
Sorry Lambo not Alfa.

But rubbish about the single seater commission.
Old 23 Sep 2020, 22:29 (Ref:4005933)   #13
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
What are the chances of Arrivabene appearing back in F1?
Zero to minus one.

He so loved working with the press, didn't he?
Old 23 Sep 2020, 23:41 (Ref:4005937)   #14
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I reckon we could see Arrivabene back with another team. McLaren anyone? He did seem a bit different from most Ferrari bosses, but he did ok given his experience
Old 24 Sep 2020, 05:18 (Ref:4005978)   #15
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I reckon we could see Arrivabene back with another team. McLaren anyone? He did seem a bit different from most Ferrari bosses, but he did ok given his experience
Why McLaren? They already have Seidl doing a brilliant job as Team Principal. His values and management have been behind the team's recurrence to form. I would say his skills as TP are up there with the very best in F1.
Old 24 Sep 2020, 05:45 (Ref:4005981)   #16
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Why McLaren? They already have Seidl doing a brilliant job as Team Principal. His values and management have been behind the team's recurrence to form. I would say his skills as TP are up there with the very best in F1.
I can only assume because of Philip Morris sponsoring McLaren in the past?
Old 24 Sep 2020, 08:09 (Ref:4005997)   #17
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think Domenicali will do a good job for F1 he has a lot of good qualifications for the job including his various roles at Ferrari and being CEO of Lamborghni which has done well in recent years.
I also think Chase Carey has done a very good job in his role as CEO including bringing in a cost cap, a new concorde agreement plus bing part of the new 2022 chassis rules, not to mention organizing a 17 race season this year.
Old 24 Sep 2020, 09:10 (Ref:4006012)   #18
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
What? Andreas Siedle is one of the smartest in the pit road -any pit road Arrevabene spread chaos , distrust and good old Factionalism
Old 24 Sep 2020, 10:17 (Ref:4006017)   #19
S griffin
Veteran

I don’t remember Arrivabene being that bad, if anything he cared for the sport. However he wasn’t the man to lead Ferrari out of the mire
Old 24 Sep 2020, 10:53 (Ref:4006023)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
But the last person you would replace is Andreas Seidl at McLaren...... One man who really knows his stuff.
Old 24 Sep 2020, 15:08 (Ref:4006056)   #21
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
I also think Chase Carey has done a very good job in his role as CEO including bringing in a cost cap, a new concorde agreement plus bing part of the new 2022 chassis rules, not to mention organizing a 17 race season this year.
fully agree. stepped in and successfully replaced an icon.

its seems so long ago but one of his first moves was to get rid of the grid girls and use grid kids instead...and that was only 3-4 years ago!

his distribution of power within FOM will no doubt make Domenicali's job that much easier.
Old 25 Sep 2020, 02:19 (Ref:4006103)   #22
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
fully agree. stepped in and successfully replaced an icon.

its seems so long ago but one of his first moves was to get rid of the grid girls and use grid kids instead...and that was only 3-4 years ago!

his distribution of power within FOM will no doubt make Domenicali's job that much easier.
I also thought carey did well.

Seems odd, outsider comes in, does a really good job, is a fresh look at the sport, is replaced after a short tenure by a longtime insider. Hmm... now the inmates run the asylum again...
Old 25 Sep 2020, 06:41 (Ref:4006112)   #23
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
I can only imagine the reaction at Red Bull and RBR when they were told the news...
Old 25 Sep 2020, 09:12 (Ref:4006134)   #24
S griffin
Veteran

Carey has done very well. He's embraced social media and has helped get this season going after a lot of uncertainty and now we have a full calendar
Old 25 Sep 2020, 22:49 (Ref:4006278)   #25
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Carey has done very well. He's embraced social media and has helped get this season going after a lot of uncertainty and now we have a full calendar
Yep - having a season at all this year has been a huge achievement, particularly with so many different countries and different sets of restrictions etc to deal with but the season delivered so far has been great.

Meantime Toto says he's happy where he is - even though he was never offered the F1 CEO role.