Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 25 Mar 2009, 02:39 (Ref:2424130)   #26
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It wasn't meant to be simply informative.
Old 25 Mar 2009, 05:10 (Ref:2424179)   #27
the.cosmic.pope
Veteran

Scotland
Arbroath
the.cosmic.pope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthe.cosmic.pope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I loved it.
Old 25 Mar 2009, 10:20 (Ref:2424324)   #28
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It was brilliant. Although Audi were behind the whole thing it didn't turn into an advertisement for them, more of a documentary/drama which had the ending they wanted. It confirmed my belief of just how well run and organised the Audi team are. Great flick, now I have something else to watch, beside Mc Queens "LeMans".
Old 25 Mar 2009, 12:11 (Ref:2424392)   #29
CarolK
Racer

United States
Texas
CarolK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I too thought it was fantastic, I can't see how some dislike it so much. It really provides an insight to the world of endurance racing with an extremely well run team. Hero of the documentary has to be "H", what a guy! I think the various segments from other races, most especially the LMS Monza race was almost a necessity to be included (pretty scarey there for a short time).

Audi of America said yesterday that they are receiving a tremendous amount of calls about purchasing the dvd. Perhaps soon they will consider this. I feel very fortunate as we won a driver signed dvd Saturday.

Carol
Old 25 Mar 2009, 13:23 (Ref:2424456)   #30
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolK View Post
Audi of America said yesterday that they are receiving a tremendous amount of calls about purchasing the dvd. Perhaps soon they will consider this. I feel very fortunate as we won a driver signed dvd Saturday.

Carol
A DVD would be great, I'd buy one for sure. Congrats on your win!
Old 25 Mar 2009, 14:33 (Ref:2424490)   #31
TheKimme
Rookie

Denmark
TheKimme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Guide to make a US Account without Credit card: http://www.winandmac.com/tips/create...g-redeem-code/
Old 25 Mar 2009, 23:57 (Ref:2424893)   #32
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolK View Post
I too thought it was fantastic, I can't see how some dislike it so much.
Carol
Understand, when I commented I kept hearing the quote about gift horses. I should mention also that I am old enough that we didn't even have colour tv until I was ten or eleven, and what short snippets of road racing/endurance racing/formula one I got were few and far between. Perhaps it is my age that influenced the way I felt about it.

I did enjoy it, just not as much as I expected to.
Old 26 Mar 2009, 02:16 (Ref:2424947)   #33
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
If it comes out for sale to the public on DVD then I'm definitely getting a copy!
Old 29 Mar 2009, 19:19 (Ref:2428339)   #34
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What makes it even better is supposedly they decided to mike H for the whole race minutes before they sent the R10 out. without him on as much it never would have been as interesting, at least as a racing fan.
Old 29 Mar 2009, 23:31 (Ref:2428500)   #35
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
I did enjoy it, just not as much as I expected to.
Same here, I was hoping for more...
Old 21 Apr 2009, 20:37 (Ref:2446574)   #36
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I managed to download a copy of this last night and I have just watched it - FANTASTIC - a must for any Le Mans nut. It is will worth a watch.
Old 21 Apr 2009, 21:13 (Ref:2446592)   #37
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Its really very good. A must-watch for a sportscar fan.
Old 22 Apr 2009, 06:59 (Ref:2446780)   #38
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
I managed to download a copy of this last night and I have just watched it - FANTASTIC - a must for any Le Mans nut. It is will worth a watch.
I'll ditto that!!!!
Old 22 Apr 2009, 07:51 (Ref:2446803)   #39
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
OK. I give up. I know I'm a technophobe, but normally I can work it out given time. However, after a frustrating half hour, I still haven't been able to find the download. Can somebody give an address and instructions in words of one syllable to a dithering old man?
Old 22 Apr 2009, 16:47 (Ref:2447135)   #40
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Two dithering old men, even........?
Old 22 Apr 2009, 18:39 (Ref:2447221)   #41
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The trick is get a US iTunes account (Google is your friend) and once you have sorted that then it just a matter of doing the download.
Old 12 May 2009, 17:31 (Ref:2461072)   #42
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I watched a DVD of 'Truth in 24' last night (to cheer me up mid 'Man Flu') and, despite having always protested about Audi's dominance at Le Mans over the last decade, it's a darned good film, extremely well put together. You really feel you get to know the drivers, of course, but more so Dr. Ullrich, Herr Juttner and 'H'! I'd recommend it to anyone interested in sportscar racing and, of course, Le Mans.
Old 12 May 2009, 19:41 (Ref:2461168)   #43
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I watched a DVD of 'Truth in 24' last night (to cheer me up mid 'Man Flu') and, despite having always protested about Audi's dominance at Le Mans over the last decade, it's a darned good film, extremely well put together. You really feel you get to know the drivers, of course, but more so Dr. Ullrich, Herr Juttner and 'H'! I'd recommend it to anyone interested in sportscar racing and, of course, Le Mans.

So where can I get this DVD?
Old 12 May 2009, 21:02 (Ref:2461223)   #44
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post
I've no idea. Mine came to me via a friend.
Old 12 May 2009, 21:10 (Ref:2461231)   #45
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post
When I asked Martyn Pass (Audi Sport UK press officer), he informed me it is NOT being released in Europe at all. Seems it is to do with copyrights somewhere.

So it looks like we will have to look for NTSC copies from the States if you can't get the free download from iTunes.
Old 13 May 2009, 17:05 (Ref:2461831)   #46
hoppelemine
Racer

England
Dorset, UK
hoppelemine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Tarrant View Post
When I asked Martyn Pass (Audi Sport UK press officer), he informed me it is NOT being released in Europe at all. Seems it is to do with copyrights somewhere.

So it looks like we will have to look for NTSC copies from the States if you can't get the free download from iTunes.

Steve, I can bring you a copy when I come back to visit Dorset in August if you like. It'll give me chance to make sure you're looking after that car I supplied you back in '02. I hope your well!

Simon Davies
Old 21 May 2009, 18:02 (Ref:2466593)   #47
miguel1810
Rookie

United Kingdom
Just down from the Dunlop Bridge
miguel1810 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fantastic!! I managed to download it this lunch time from the UK after setting up a US based iTunes account! Thank goodness for 'work arounds!!' no idea why they don't make it a worldwide free release on iTunes... hey ho...

I'm going to get into the spirit of Le Mans this evening and be glued to my laptop!!
Old 5 Aug 2009, 15:46 (Ref:2516192)   #48
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sorry to resurrect this thread from a while ago, but I notice that "Truth In 24" is now being offered for sale from the US Audi webstore.

They won't ship to the UK, so if you have an interest in picking up a copy of this on DVD (as I do!), then please drop a line to the UK Audi Customer Support centre and ask them to start selling it!

http://myaudi.audi.co.uk/myaudi/star....template.html

Seems crazy that they would make this fantastic documentary on the greatest endurance event in Europe and then not offer it for sale here!
Old 6 Aug 2009, 06:49 (Ref:2516607)   #49
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Sorry to resurrect this thread from a while ago, but I notice that "Truth In 24" is now being offered for sale from the US Audi webstore.

They won't ship to the UK, so if you have an interest in picking up a copy of this on DVD (as I do!), then please drop a line to the UK Audi Customer Support centre and ask them to start selling it!

http://myaudi.audi.co.uk/myaudi/star....template.html

Seems crazy that they would make this fantastic documentary on the greatest endurance event in Europe and then not offer it for sale here!
I totally agree with you on the sentiment about not selling it here, but as I pointed out in my earlier message, apparently Audi UK cannot sell it because of ACO and European copyrights.
Old 6 Aug 2009, 08:24 (Ref:2516636)   #50
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Tarrant View Post
I totally agree with you on the sentiment about not selling it here, but as I pointed out in my earlier message, apparently Audi UK cannot sell it because of ACO and European copyrights.
Many thanks. Apologies for completely missing your earlier comment.

Looks like I'm going to have to find a tame American to order it and ship it over to me!