Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 27 Jan 2018, 23:58 (Ref:3795784)   #451
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
What is it with these BMWs being complete tools when it comes to getting out of the way?

What comes around goes around I suppose...
In fairness, the car appears massive. I think it's a beautiful car, but wish they built it 7/8th scale.
Old 28 Jan 2018, 00:02 (Ref:3795786)   #452
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Well Jonny Mowlem isn't pulling any punches on the pit change!

Surprise, Jeremy Shaw backs whatever comes out of the rule makers' mouths...
Old 28 Jan 2018, 00:02 (Ref:3795787)   #453
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The #5 is still running strong. Fiti is quick
Old 28 Jan 2018, 00:02 (Ref:3795788)   #454
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Incredible how much green running we’ve had. PCs going could be the difference here.
Old 28 Jan 2018, 00:05 (Ref:3795791)   #455
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Incredible how much green running we’ve had. PCs going could be the difference here.
I don't really think the PC's are the issue I think overall people are making wiser decisions.
Old 28 Jan 2018, 00:10 (Ref:3795792)   #456
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Penske cars look great at night. What's he deal with the white lights on the GTLM? Did I miss that?
Old 28 Jan 2018, 00:10 (Ref:3795793)   #457
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I don't really think the PC's are the issue I think overall people are making wiser decisions.
Correct. And there's no PCs.
Old 28 Jan 2018, 00:12 (Ref:3795794)   #458
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I love how Fox Sports is advertising the current event during the current event. That's my favorite!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Penske cars look great at night. What's he deal with the white lights on the GTLM? Did I miss that?
I just picked that up, too. GTLMs are running white lights and the GTDs yellow.
Old 28 Jan 2018, 00:15 (Ref:3795795)   #459
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I love how Fox Sports is advertising the current event during the current event. That's my favorite!I just picked that up, too. GTLMs are running white lights and the GTDs yellow.
Lol. I'm enjoying the Fox jabs. I have had the volume up on the Fox coverage for a total of about 5 minutes all race. Sure enough, I got an "argey bargey" in that span....
Old 28 Jan 2018, 00:16 (Ref:3795797)   #460
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
Lol. I'm enjoying the Fox jabs. I have had the volume up on the Fox coverage for a total of about 5 minutes all race. Sure enough, I got an "argey bargey" in that span....

Also, you're sure to get some gold from this guy and his gold chain. This neatly tucked underneath is speed polo shirt however.

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 28 Jan 2018 at 00:25.
Old 28 Jan 2018, 00:20 (Ref:3795799)   #461
kvenom
Veteran

kvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm loving Johnny Mowlem.
Old 28 Jan 2018, 00:25 (Ref:3795800)   #462
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
At least the Caddy's aren't running away at night. Hopefully these Oreca Acuras and Ligier Nissans can keep this up.
Old 28 Jan 2018, 00:31 (Ref:3795801)   #463
DistortedSmile
Racer

Spain
DistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
What's he deal with the white lights on the GTLM? Did I miss that?
I was wondering about that, they look much better.
Old 28 Jan 2018, 00:31 (Ref:3795802)   #464
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Puncture for the 10.

Another right rear.
Old 28 Jan 2018, 00:32 (Ref:3795803)   #465
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
another right rear puncture.
Cadillac #10 this time.

Didn't lose much time as he was pretty close to the pits anyway
Old 28 Jan 2018, 00:32 (Ref:3795804)   #466
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Yet another right rear puncture! I really hope when Michelin comes on this issue is gone!
Old 28 Jan 2018, 00:33 (Ref:3795805)   #467
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rr for Wtr

No. One is safe!
Old 28 Jan 2018, 00:35 (Ref:3795806)   #468
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
All these right rear punctures are genuinely surprising. For all the problems Conti tires have had over the years, being failure-prone has NOT been one of them.
Old 28 Jan 2018, 00:35 (Ref:3795807)   #469
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I know that it's easy to knock on Continental, and I'm not one of their bigger supporters, but could the banking and the fact that this has been a dry race (but with a shower just prior) and the fast pace with hardly any FCYs be aggravating the problem?
Old 28 Jan 2018, 00:36 (Ref:3795808)   #470
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I think the two are linked. We’ve removed a class full of Am drivers, in cars of a similar pace to GTLM delivered in a very different way. Plus they were easy to stall.

Regardless of whether their absence has given us more green running, I don’t think anybody will be saying that they were the missing ingredient from the race come Sunday evening!
Old 28 Jan 2018, 00:38 (Ref:3795809)   #471
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
another right rear puncture.
Cadillac #10 this time.

Didn't lose much time as he was pretty close to the pits anyway
It's like the opposite of the Mazda-effect. The Cadillac finally gets some bad luck like the rest of the field, but it happens close to the pits. Even when things go bad, they're not that bad...

Running order is Cadillac, Nissan, Acura, Acura. That looks beautiful. Plus, it's been almost all green flag running, so it's on pace, not through bunched up fields.
Old 28 Jan 2018, 00:38 (Ref:3795810)   #472
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
the prototype stints are ridiculously short, just a bit more than 30 minutes. I think the teams are double stint the tyres, and that could cause the tyre's failures.
Old 28 Jan 2018, 00:39 (Ref:3795811)   #473
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
I think the two are linked. We’ve removed a class full of Am drivers, in cars of a similar pace to GTLM delivered in a very different way. Plus they were easy to stall.

Regardless of whether their absence has given us more green running, I don’t think anybody will be saying that they were the missing ingredient from the race come Sunday evening!
Fair point, I don't miss them for sure.

Previous races when we have had tire failures we always hear that the teams are running outside of recommended pressures or camber. That may be, but if everyone is doing it.....
Old 28 Jan 2018, 00:40 (Ref:3795812)   #474
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Rain!
Old 28 Jan 2018, 00:40 (Ref:3795813)   #475
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Baldi View Post
the prototype stints are ridiculously short, just a bit more than 30 minutes. I think the teams are double stint the tyres, and that could cause the tyre's failures.
They mentioned earlier that given your allocation, you have to double stint for 4 or 5 stints.

Rain??