Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 8 Dec 2009, 16:22 (Ref:2596143)   #76
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Ok Merlot , thanks for the reply . But if the cooler was a casted part of the wheel , as in moulded to it in the mould , and not an after thought , could it "then" be legal ?
Old 8 Dec 2009, 16:24 (Ref:2596145)   #77
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
If the car is homolagated as an Acura ..... then its an Acura I agree .

So , how can it then be entered as a Honda across the pond unless its re-homologated again ?

I appreciate the relationship between Honda & Acura .
Any name can be on the car (or left off), ie badging/livery, but it is still an Acura ARX-01 and will be entered as such unless it is re-homologated as a Honda. But why waste the money? Especially when they are trying to cut costs of the program! I forsee them as always being Acura chassis!!

L.P.
Old 8 Dec 2009, 16:27 (Ref:2596146)   #78
merlot brougham
Racer

United States
Chapel Hill
merlot brougham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmerlot brougham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I haven't a clue about the interpretation of the rule. Ironically I work in a global quality assurance position at a pharmaceutical company. I spend hours interpreting the regulations from the US Food and Drug Administration and European Medicines Agency and I have never been able to figure out auto racing technical regs.

It's like they write it in a purposely confusing manner so they can leave room for interpretation in the future. God forbid the competitors interpret the rule differently (see: F1 double diffusers).
Old 8 Dec 2009, 16:37 (Ref:2596149)   #79
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Félix View Post
I think David Richards's lobbying will have paid off. LM looks like an opportunity they can't miss. It most probably pays for itself.

On the bright side, the Aston will be in contention for the win and still a crowd favourite... but the petrol privateers will once again have been screwed big time! (oh and they might not want to race before LM if they have an insane power advantage, so they don't get adjusted)
There's an interview with Alexandre Pesci on Endurance-Info.com. Generally, the interview just puts a little extra meat on the bones of what we know already, apart from one question...........

Antho asks Alexandre if the Revellion V10 will have direct injection? "Judd are working on it, but I think the start of the season will be without....."

So, direct injection for the (Judd) Rebellion V10 by the time they get to Le Mans? Perhaps the AMR power advantage will be rather less than anticipated.

There's a nice little battle brewing there methinks........

Old 8 Dec 2009, 16:46 (Ref:2596155)   #80
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
There's an interview with Alexandre Pesci on Endurance-Info.com. Generally, the interview just puts a little extra meat on the bones of what we know already, apart from one question...........

Antho asks Alexandre if the Revellion V10 will have direct injection? "Judd are working on it, but I think the start of the season will be without....."

So, direct injection for the (Judd) Rebellion V10 by the time they get to Le Mans? Perhaps the AMR power advantage will be rather less than anticipated.

There's a nice little battle brewing there methinks........

Would be nice to see Judd get a DI system up and running. As the head and block design are the same for the DB V8 it would/should transfer over fairly easily for next year, if not sooner!

L.P.
Old 8 Dec 2009, 17:14 (Ref:2596167)   #81
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Would be nice to see Judd get a DI system up and running. As the head and block design are the same for the DB V8 it would/should transfer over fairly easily for next year, if not sooner!

L.P.
Absolutely! Question is, are Rebellion Racing funding the DI upgrade themselves for their exclusive use, or will the upgrade be made available to the likes of AIM/Oreca and Drayson Racing?

Time for an in-depth interview with the Judds.........please (DSC?)!
Old 8 Dec 2009, 18:55 (Ref:2596224)   #82
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Do the rear fender waivers for the LMP1 Lola Coupe include the Lola Aston Martin?
Old 8 Dec 2009, 19:59 (Ref:2596263)   #83
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who asked for this one:
Quote:
1.9 Automobile Make :
1.9.1 - An automobile make corresponds to a complete car.
1.9.2 - The name of the chassis and/or bodywork manufacturer shall
always precede the name of the engine manufacturer if different.
The name of the bodywork manufacturer may appear only with the
agreement of the chassis manufacturer.
Old 9 Dec 2009, 08:31 (Ref:2596509)   #84
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Any name can be on the car (or left off), ie badging/livery, but it is still an Acura ARX-01 and will be entered as such unless it is re-homologated as a Honda. But why waste the money? Especially when they are trying to cut costs of the program! I forsee them as always being Acura chassis!!

L.P.
I dont see it matters as Acura are part of Honda. Interesting to note that the ARX 01c is the only one listed by its chassis reference and not its manufacturer
Old 9 Dec 2009, 08:43 (Ref:2596515)   #85
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I would thinl if AIM want DI , they would have to develop it themselves , or at least share the costs with Rebellion , as the AIM deal is a seperate issue ?
Old 9 Dec 2009, 20:19 (Ref:2596882)   #86
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ger80 View Post
Who asked for this one:

Lola?
Old 9 Dec 2009, 21:45 (Ref:2596935)   #87
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
LeMans.pt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A question that anybody seem to be making is why Zytek didn't had a waiver...
Old 10 Dec 2009, 02:00 (Ref:2597070)   #88
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMans.pt View Post
A question that anybody seem to be making is why Zytek didn't had a waiver...
I guess they didn't apply for one?
Old 10 Dec 2009, 04:41 (Ref:2597100)   #89
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does the back of their car need it? It looks flat/simple to me...

The rule sounds stupid now that the twisty and downforce-generating parts from Oreca and Pescarolo have been homologated. For 2011 then?