Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 2 Jun 2019, 15:49 (Ref:3907522)   #26
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
Who was in the RLM booth before Ben Keating? Whoever it was mentioned that the track was very dusty, and they're still blowing the dust away at this stage, so it definitely is not as good as it was last year.
It's the most reasonable, I can't believe that everybody is sandbagging, these cars are already well known.
Old 2 Jun 2019, 15:52 (Ref:3907523)   #27
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
LOTTERER pressing the throttle now, let's see.

EDIT: 3rd with 3:21.323
Old 2 Jun 2019, 15:53 (Ref:3907524)   #28
Tique
Racer

France
Paris
Tique should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It looks like it is money time
Old 2 Jun 2019, 16:00 (Ref:3907525)   #29
Lutzvic
Racer

Lutzvic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My only hope is an enormous amount of sandbagging from Rebellion and BR1......,if not...we’ll see an even worse race than last year.
For GTE it is obvious.....BMW and Aston are sandbagging like hell to get a better BOP for the race
Old 2 Jun 2019, 16:00 (Ref:3907526)   #30
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Vandoorne 4th now with 3.22.06

What happened with the DragonSpeed P1?
Old 2 Jun 2019, 16:03 (Ref:3907528)   #31
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Corvette looking very quick in GTEPro.....
Old 2 Jun 2019, 16:04 (Ref:3907530)   #32
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
That was all or there is another test later?
Old 2 Jun 2019, 16:07 (Ref:3907532)   #33
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No, that's it.
Old 2 Jun 2019, 16:37 (Ref:3907537)   #34
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Times up front are similar to last year. Rebellion is a little slower but Toyota are about the same. GTE is a toss up on who is playing the game of bop favors. This is why bop is so ridiculous imo. You go too fast and you get pegged back. You go to slow and people say you're sandbagging, who can tell what is going on.
Old 2 Jun 2019, 16:53 (Ref:3907540)   #35
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Looking at the GT situation, am I right in thinking that AMR and BMW could be sandbagging to get better BOP or are they that far off given that they were sort of off the pace last year?

I know that Aston especially have improved since LM last year and has been competitive since Silverstone last year, but LM is LM and it's the most unique track on the schedule.

Looking though the timing sheets, it does seem that AMR and especially BMW are down on top speed, but Aston are competitive with several Porsches and Ferraris.
Old 2 Jun 2019, 17:38 (Ref:3907547)   #36
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Who was in the RLM booth before Ben Keating? Whoever it was mentioned that the track was very dusty, and they're still blowing the dust away at this stage, so it definitely is not as good as it was last year.
It was Ross Gunn.
Old 2 Jun 2019, 17:41 (Ref:3907548)   #37
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Isn't Ross a LM rookie kinda? I know that he's been an AMR factory driver for a while, but his name's not one I've heard a lot as far as Le Mans.
Old 2 Jun 2019, 18:03 (Ref:3907553)   #38
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Really sad i was unable to follow the test day due to other commitments but looks like there were few surprises. only 9 days until i am at the circuit
Old 2 Jun 2019, 18:14 (Ref:3907558)   #39
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
Even with my comments about AMR, the top 10 in GTE are pretty close. Even with the Astons bringing the tail end of the GTE Pro top 10, they're not far off in terms of overall pace.

But the Bimmers are way off relatively speaking. Most of GTE Pro is within about a second of the fastest time the Corvette set. The BMWs are over two seconds off the pace, and are way off in terms of top speed.
Old 2 Jun 2019, 18:54 (Ref:3907564)   #40
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Buemi first into the 3:19s - 3.:19.440, four tenths away from last year's fastest time.
It is the exact same time if Toyota wasn't hit with 10kg of additional weight this year.
Old 2 Jun 2019, 19:27 (Ref:3907571)   #41
antonylight
Rookie

United Kingdom
Cobham
antonylight should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridantonylight should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
lemans.org Live text

On the www.lemans.org English live text site was the following (not sure which Test Day they were watching in sentence 1), but maybe some explanation why times were slower this year:
"In all four categories - LMP1, LMP2, LMGTE Pro and LMGTE Am - the times clocked at the 2019 Test Day were faster across the board than last year.
The drivers explain it by the reduced grip of the track and the new design of the Ford chicanes. Jorg Bergmeister (Team Project 1's #56 Porsche 911 RSR) learned it the hard way, by catching air.
"You can't cut the right short or arrive too fast," explained Stéphane Sarrazin (SMP Racing's #17 BR Engineering BR1-AER) on Sunday evening.
"You have to keep your distance because if you hit the chicane, it can do a world of harm."
Old 2 Jun 2019, 20:21 (Ref:3907580)   #42
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Entries for Tuesday's Bugatti test:

Toyota 2x
Rebellion 2x
United Autosport 2x
Porsche AG 4x
#95 AMR
Old 2 Jun 2019, 21:36 (Ref:3907608)   #43
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
This is why bop is so ridiculous imo. You go too fast and you get pegged back. You go to slow and people say you're sandbagging, who can tell what is going on.
Which is why testing of spec/homologated cars that haven't been updated since last year is not very interesting, especially if you can't watch them.

Most of the teams have a baseline set up, and they don't need to be putting it in the wall. Roll on race week.
Old 2 Jun 2019, 21:48 (Ref:3907616)   #44
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Even without the tedious beoopt we still wouldn’t be able to “tell what is going on”!
Old 3 Jun 2019, 00:58 (Ref:3907646)   #45
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Isn't Ross a LM rookie kinda? I know that he's been an AMR factory driver for a while, but his name's not one I've heard a lot as far as Le Mans.

He raced at Le Mans last year in the Aston support race but no I don’t think raced in the 24h yet.
Old 3 Jun 2019, 06:12 (Ref:3907655)   #46
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
https://youtu.be/Y1E7mVCOdcU

https://youtu.be/Yp8Gz2pMdBI

Last edited by Mike E; 3 Jun 2019 at 06:34.
Old 3 Jun 2019, 07:13 (Ref:3907658)   #47
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
He raced at Le Mans last year in the Aston support race but no I don’t think raced in the 24h yet.
He's their reserve driver for this year, so needed to complete his laps on test day in case one of their nominated drivers is injured before qualifying.
Old 3 Jun 2019, 08:53 (Ref:3907666)   #48
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
I know that a change to the Ford Chicanes was referenced somewhere in this thread. Is it new curbing or something else? I asked in the LM track changes thread, but so far I haven't gotten much of a response as to what change got made.
Old 3 Jun 2019, 08:58 (Ref:3907668)   #49
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It passed me by completely, but then again I didn't listen to very much of the commentary at all.
Old 3 Jun 2019, 09:04 (Ref:3907669)   #50
Mike E
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
I know that a change to the Ford Chicanes was referenced somewhere in this thread. Is it new curbing or something else? I asked in the LM track changes thread, but so far I haven't gotten much of a response as to what change got made.
Sounds familiar to me too, but I can't remember why.