Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 28 Aug 2000, 05:42 (Ref:33313)   #1
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, Rusty Wallace has four wins this year, the most of any driver and Jeremy Mayfield has two. It appears that Roger Penske has not only turned his CART teams around but his Winston Cup teams as well. If I am not mistaken, didn't Jeremy and Rusty only have one win between them last year?

I think Penske has risen to become one of the super teams again. Just a few years back, the top multi-car teams were Hendrick, Yates and Roush. Now it appears to be Gibbs, Penske and Roush. Yates has improved the #28 car but even Dale Earnhardt Inc. has seen the #8 and #1 cars win this year so why hasn't the #28 seen victory lane yet?
Old 28 Aug 2000, 14:21 (Ref:33402)   #2
Heeltoe6
Veteran

Heeltoe6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And imagine if Rusty had $crewed with pit strategy in about another 4 races; it's like 93/94 all over again. I think we were supposed to see this last year, (based on Penske's consisitent but lean on wins 98), but going from the 5 and 5 back to the big spoilers seemed to have messed them up(remember Rusty thinking he had a broken shock at atlanta when it was just a bad setup). But looks like eveything's worked out now. Don't count Rusty out for the championship. Another old ASA guy overcame a similar deficit some time back.
Old 29 Aug 2000, 00:52 (Ref:33539)   #3
Lee
Racer

Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

It appears that the durability problems that Wallace has had with his engines have been solved, also, Rusty was "snakebitten", blown tires, involved in accidents that he was not at fault in, etc. for a while, but his bad luck seems to have changed. Don't know about a championship this year, but I'd say a top 5 finish is certianly not out of the question. I'd also say that 2 to 3 more wins this season would not be supprising.