Old 17 Nov 2020, 21:21 (Ref:4017546)   #226
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
And they didn't notice that through a GP weekend? Or they didn't tell the mechanics adjusting the wings?
I don't know how it happened , but it happened

Old 17 Nov 2020, 21:25 (Ref:4017547)   #227
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
In other news we shouldn’t be surprised as the car is hard to drive: https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/72835...ink=inarticle2
Quote:
Max Verstappen saw his victory go up in smoke after a spin in the Turkish Grand Prix, but according to Allard Kalff and Kees van de Grint the Dutchman doesn't have to cry at all, because in their opinion he just did very well.
It goes on
Quote:
Crying out or not?

''In these circumstances the driver comes forward and Senna was so good at it. It was also a very strong performance by Verstappen, until the moment it was all about. Of course I won't say anything special, because he was disappointed himself and I was disappointed too. But that shows he's a good sportsman," says Kees van de Grint, Bridgestone's former tyre expert.

After the race Verstappen pointed to a wrong setup, but Van de Grint doesn't want to use that as an excuse. ''The Red Bull car was clearly not an easy car and was one of the cars that spun the most. This car just isn't easy and then you see that crazy car control by Max. I can understand why it was difficult in the race. He doesn't have to cry, because he just did well," concludes Van de Grint.
Basically what we saw in Turkey was Verstappen being like Senna.
Old 17 Nov 2020, 21:26 (Ref:4017548)   #228
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Quote:
In other news we shouldn’t be surprised as the car is hard to drive: https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/72835...ink=inarticle2
even the Merc would be hard to drive when it's out of balance like that
Old 17 Nov 2020, 21:29 (Ref:4017550)   #229
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
even the Merc would be hard to drive when it's out of balance like that
That article is about how it is hard to drive anyway. And on top of that there was the wing issue.
Amazing.
Old 17 Nov 2020, 22:14 (Ref:4017559)   #230
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
url]https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.eurosport.com/formula-1/japanese-grand-prix/2016/lewis-hamilton-s-childish-charmless-and-stupid-conduct-slammed-by-british-media_sto5900970/story-amp.shtml[/url]

This is from 2016. Well into Hamilton's 30s. So, maybe if max is still like this at 32 or so, he hasn't figured it out like hamilton supposedly has.
was that really a thing? people in 2016 were that angry that a 31 year old was having fun on social media?

prophetic i suppose...

imagine if you could go back in time and tell everyone what a 70 year old man was about to spend the next 4 years doing on twitter?
Old 17 Nov 2020, 22:39 (Ref:4017566)   #231
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
That article is about how it is hard to drive anyway. And on top of that there was the wing issue.
Amazing.
In the article Van de Grint says: "The Red Bull car was clearly not an easy car and was one of the cars that spun the most. This car just isn't easy and then you see that crazy car control by Max. I can understand why it was difficult in the race."

Could that not be down to a combination of the wrong setup mentioned by Verstappen plus the very wet conditions, which was why the car was not an easy car and was difficult in the race, rather than just the car itself that's not easy?
Old 17 Nov 2020, 22:44 (Ref:4017568)   #232
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
was that really a thing? people in 2016 were that angry that a 31 year old was having fun on social media?

prophetic i suppose...

imagine if you could go back in time and tell everyone what a 70 year old man was about to spend the next 4 years doing on twitter?
Imagine if you could go back in time and tell everyone that twitter would censor speech from one political party while allowing holocaust deniers to deny the holocaust. See, this inserting politics thing is fun
Old 17 Nov 2020, 22:53 (Ref:4017572)   #233
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

prophetic i suppose...

Imagine going back in time and telling the world that the who does not advocate for lockdowns.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.abc...ticle/12753688
Old 18 Nov 2020, 00:37 (Ref:4017579)   #234
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Location checks out.

We’ve gone so far up our own backsides here do you think we can rescue the thread?
Old 18 Nov 2020, 01:28 (Ref:4017583)   #235
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
Just want to point out, that after the first finish outside of a podium all year, a disaster if a race that still left him 6th and ahead of his teammate, a drive that in a championship car, if his worst day without mechanical issues is a 6th, it is very much a championship caliber driver, there has been multiple pages of how immature and childish the 23 year old verstappen is.

Meanwhile, hamilton is lauded, and verstappen is being compared negatively to him when it comes to maturity. But...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.eur...tory-amp.shtml

This is from 2016. Well into Hamilton's 30s. So, maybe if max is still like this at 32 or so, he hasn't figured it out like hamilton supposedly has.

Oh, except Hamilton "figured it out" as soon as he was in the dominant car without a teammate that could beat him... hmm....
You'll get burn't at the stake for heresy!
Old 18 Nov 2020, 07:39 (Ref:4017600)   #236
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Quote:

prophetic i suppose...

Don't forget this: just 3 years ago:

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-a8128661.html
Old 18 Nov 2020, 08:19 (Ref:4017607)   #237
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
Don't forget this: just 3 years ago:

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-a8128661.html
Sorry - I have to ask.
What has that got to do with the Turkish Grand Prix 2020, Round 14 of the 2020 championship?
Old 18 Nov 2020, 09:41 (Ref:4017615)   #238
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If we try hard enough we'll forget about Maxes masterclass.
Old 18 Nov 2020, 11:09 (Ref:4017635)   #239
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Got to love a bit of whataboutery
Old 18 Nov 2020, 11:30 (Ref:4017639)   #240
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
If we try hard enough we'll forget about Maxes masterclass.
obvious troll is obvious
Old 18 Nov 2020, 11:39 (Ref:4017640)   #241
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I have enjoyed this thread, in some ways it’s been just as entertaining and strange as the GP
Old 18 Nov 2020, 11:42 (Ref:4017641)   #242
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Masterclass of a thread.
Old 18 Nov 2020, 12:30 (Ref:4017650)   #243
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Location checks out.

We’ve gone so far up our own backsides here do you think we can rescue the thread?

Worth a try, I guess.....
Old 18 Nov 2020, 13:12 (Ref:4017665)   #244
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Why?
Old 18 Nov 2020, 13:28 (Ref:4017667)   #245
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
We can try, but eventually we get to why bother.

Let’s recap what has happened here.

We had a stonkingly good Grand Prix.
Several drivers put in great drives and it was a joy to watch.
A couple had shockers.

There was a suggestion that Verstappen had a poor race and showed some immaturity. This is a discussion forum and this is allowed.

There was some good debate on this and some humor (the bin photo). He’s done a lot of races, but it still young. It may cause him problems, but he is still top draw talent. That kind of thing. Really don’t see a problem.

However we then end up with a fan boy dragging up old articles on other drivers to prove something, others showing a masterclass on going too extreme on questioning Max’s ability. It basically turned it into a children who have access to the internet bickering. :handbags:

And then to cap it off we get an accusation of troll (although this is probably the funniest post in the thread), someone who posted an article from January about lockdowns (!), oh and, of course, we’ve had the suggestion of censorship because you’re not allowed to critise in this current climate.

And in the end we had a closed thread. Of which, no doubt, you can fit a reason behind that matches your agenda. But the real reason is that it is tedious and pathetic.

We’ve been here before where people can’t let something go and it ruins many threads. In the end there was one was to deal with it.

P.S. Reading some of my posts, I shall try to be a little less jokey and put in when I am.

Last edited by Adam43; 18 Nov 2020 at 13:38.
Old 18 Nov 2020, 13:38 (Ref:4017670)   #246
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Really?
Old 18 Nov 2020, 13:41 (Ref:4017672)   #247
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Really?
Occasionally I am a flippant so and so.

I did find this:
https://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155681