Entry pit 24h !!!!

Hope nobody hit the Wall !

Old 20 Mar 2007, 13:11 (Ref:1872298)   #77
tatounet
Racer

Belgium
tatounet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes our inside wall is back !

The first half of the F1 stands is +- 1,5 m under the track level !!!

No problem for the VIP

Old 20 Mar 2007, 13:16 (Ref:1872303)   #78
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatounet
The first half of the F1 stands is +- 1,5 m under the track level !!!
I suspect you mean the pits. If so then it makes some sense because I noticed a fall on the new chicane so the track starts to drop towards La Source from there. It means the the slope at the rejoin point at the end of the pits is eased.
Old 20 Mar 2007, 13:41 (Ref:1872329)   #79
tatounet
Racer

Belgium
Sorry for my poor english !
I mean peoples working in the stand can't see the track because of level difference.
Old 20 Mar 2007, 13:45 (Ref:1872333)   #80
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes we call them the pits and that is the pit wall. As you say the pit lane is lower than the track.
Old 20 Mar 2007, 16:06 (Ref:1872388)   #81
tatounet
Racer

Belgium
Thank's for the correction !

Old 20 Mar 2007, 18:50 (Ref:1872501)   #82
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not very good surface ,is it ?
Old 20 Mar 2007, 19:21 (Ref:1872521)   #83
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
so if you stack it big time after the bus stop can you jump the wall and land in the pit lane ?

maybe there could be a ramp so you could jump over the ne wpit building, cut La Source out all together, and land half way down the approach to Eu Rouge
Old 20 Mar 2007, 19:44 (Ref:1872539)   #84
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly
so if you stack it big time after the bus stop can you jump the wall and land in the pit lane ?

maybe there could be a ramp so you could jump over the ne wpit building, cut La Source out all together, and land half way down the approach to Eu Rouge
Zef in my daily proffesion, making that ramp is no problem. Whenever you make the jump, I have a very special Beaune 1iere cru clos de mouche waiting for you..
Old 20 Mar 2007, 20:53 (Ref:1872573)   #85
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
Not very good surface ,is it ?
Er, okay for F1 I (w)reckon!
Old 20 Mar 2007, 21:21 (Ref:1872594)   #86
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
ah the holes in front of the guardrail. FIA manhole covers?????
Old 21 Mar 2007, 05:21 (Ref:1872823)   #87
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I think you're all being a bit harsh. As I said before the work is going to keep the track alive and I am looking forward to trying it out.

From a professional veiwpoint the amount of work and the time taken so far is pretty impressive. Anyone know what the value of the total work scope is?

Tatounet. No probs. We used to get confused when German commentators referred to the "box" which in Cricket terms has a whole different meaning!

Great pics BTW keep em coming please.

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 21 Mar 2007 at 05:23.
Old 21 Mar 2007, 18:57 (Ref:1873236)   #88
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As Perter say,s, many thanks for the updates.It is fairly impressive the way all this wiork has progressed.I CANT WAIT TO GO BACK.
Old 21 Mar 2007, 20:23 (Ref:1873354)   #89
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some more updates on the Spa website.
The Busstop starts to take form.
Click image for larger version

Name:	070316b.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	17851

It looks like the yellow van is parked on the pit entry road / run off area and that the track should run to the right of it (as from this point of view).
Old 21 Mar 2007, 21:22 (Ref:1873401)   #90
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
i hope it will let proper cars have a nice not so technic slide again as the old bus-stop uesd to give (well this isn't a busstop anymore anyway)
Old 21 Mar 2007, 22:17 (Ref:1873440)   #91
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Anyone brave enough to predict what difference on lap times,we could keep a chart on our own predicted times,once we,ve been,we could then see who got the closest.
Old 21 Mar 2007, 22:28 (Ref:1873452)   #92
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
Anyone brave enough to predict what difference on lap times,we could keep a chart on our own predicted times,once we,ve been,we could then see who got the closest.
whenever entrancecorner smooth, 3.07 for the granturas (another clos des mouches - Beaune 1iere cru )
Old 22 Mar 2007, 08:48 (Ref:1873617)   #93
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
You will not be using forth then
Old 22 Mar 2007, 10:51 (Ref:1873685)   #94
tatounet
Racer

Belgium
Quote:
bit longer but with more straight line ... it will be faster ... prediction -2 %
Old 22 Mar 2007, 18:41 (Ref:1873933)   #95
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Will it be longer,now there is only one Right&One Left,can we carry our speed from Blanchimont? Brake at one hundred metres ,third -second,,,,oops to quick,-Bugger !!!!
Old 22 Mar 2007, 19:04 (Ref:1873942)   #96
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I mentioned that somewhere around the beginning of this thread. Seems to me that the entry is further from the exit of Blanchiment and straighter, so whereas the entry into the last incarnation of the chicane was somewhat off balance this looks to be a straight line brake into first and up to second on the exit. The result may well be quicker lap times but its going to need good brakes. I can see the App K cars struggling with this.
Old 23 Mar 2007, 09:39 (Ref:1874346)   #97
tatounet
Racer

Belgium

Old 23 Mar 2007, 09:57 (Ref:1874360)   #98
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Yep, that second pivc confirms it. Much straighter on entry so It's probably 2nd gear in and first gear out. Either way it'll be quicker than the previous version. The exit may be a bit slower but there's no kerb to unsettle the car under acceleration. I stand to be corrected of course.
Old 23 Mar 2007, 20:05 (Ref:1874725)   #99
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
I dont think any correction is needed Peter,your right about the braking period but it should,nt cause to many problems,overall it look,s like 3 seconds worth.I think that for our racing ,they will stick with tradition and put the tyres on the kerbing though.One additional point ,go in to deep on the first section and the corners wrecked!

Last edited by terence; 23 Mar 2007 at 20:09.
Old 30 Mar 2007, 20:20 (Ref:1880086)   #100
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
I dont think any correction is needed Peter,your right about the braking period but it should,nt cause to many problems,overall it look,s like 3 seconds worth.I think that for our racing ,they will stick with tradition and put the tyres on the kerbing though.One additional point ,go in to deep on the first section and the corners wrecked!
anyway I have the idea it is less Healey friendly than it was before. Formula car,? must be ok now!