2 24 22.22%
1 11 10.19%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26 Jun 2011, 23:21 (Ref:2906602)   #51
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Only watched it on the highlights, and that wasn't very exciting.....good pass from Button - good start from the Ferraris......maybe a 3
Old 27 Jun 2011, 01:18 (Ref:2906627)   #52
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I gave it a 7 because of the fact they showed some other racing going on rather than focus on vettel for the whole race. The SPEED broadcasters are a pain in the rear though. Their vettel fanboyism is painful. But I enjoyed seeing 11th through 16th fight it out. The track is lame. The racing was lame (at the front) but at least they showed something other than Dead Bull and fingerboy all day.
Old 27 Jun 2011, 01:22 (Ref:2906629)   #53
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Boring really. A couple of good passes and that was about it. I recorded it (too tired to stay up) and watched most of it on the 12x fast-forward
Old 27 Jun 2011, 02:47 (Ref:2906633)   #54
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was a good race in the mid-pack. Renault, Williams, Force India and Sauber all jumping over one another. For that I gave it 5.
Old 27 Jun 2011, 03:08 (Ref:2906635)   #55
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
5 - Little interest in Alonso's efforts to approach Vettel, but no more.
Old 27 Jun 2011, 07:37 (Ref:2906671)   #56
RichardRenes
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam
RichardRenes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wanted to give it a 0 but that option was not available sadly. So a 1 is as low as I can go and I did.

This wasn't a race: this was an economic crime: Imagine all those people who have paid millions to see this travesty of a race. I hereby insist that Formula 1 pays all those tv stations and all spectators their money back for this one.
Old 27 Jun 2011, 08:00 (Ref:2906680)   #57
ChrisPage
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham
ChrisPage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I gave it a six - seems I was a bit Pollanna about it! It wasn't a classic, but for much of the race I thought it was a pretty tense battle between at least Alonso and Webber. A few patches of excitment from those further back.

In general agree with the sentiment though - this has been a year devoid (for me) of bad races until this one. Whatever the rules, you can't polish a turd - which is a shame because I really want Valencia to work.
Old 27 Jun 2011, 09:49 (Ref:2906726)   #58
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
I suggest that opening the swing bridge at certain times during the race would make it immeasurably more interesting.
Old 27 Jun 2011, 10:13 (Ref:2906738)   #59
neil_davidson2
TT Photo Of The Year Winner - 2009 & 2010
Veteran

England
Swindon, UK
neil_davidson2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridneil_davidson2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2 from me - insipid.
Old 27 Jun 2011, 11:37 (Ref:2906781)   #60
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
3 for me. Usual Valencia procession. I don't normally bother with this race and had intended going out for the day, but as my little girl was un well in the morning we stayed home. Was only inside to watch it on such a beautiful day as I'd over done it with the gardening and got too hot! I was then forced to watch said race, which only depressed me more. Waste of a day really and on reflection 3 was generous.
Old 27 Jun 2011, 12:07 (Ref:2906797)   #61
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I "watched" the first 50mins of the race on live timing. Looked to me that it was a bore-a-thon. Thus proving you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. Valencia sucks even with KERs and DRS. The upshot is that I didn't even bother looking at the iPlayer to watch a re run.
Old 27 Jun 2011, 13:10 (Ref:2906833)   #62
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In a short, Valencia doesn't deserve a place in the championship, find another track in Spain, or better, another in Europe.
Old 27 Jun 2011, 13:12 (Ref:2906835)   #63
pauln
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
pauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Portimao, anyone?
Old 27 Jun 2011, 13:18 (Ref:2906840)   #64
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauln View Post
Portimao, anyone?
Isn't that in Portugal? Near enough though.

TBH, the other track in Valencia would be much better, and you can see the cars for most of the time from a single vantage point!

The Aragon circuit is also very good!

Jerez isn't that bad either.
Old 27 Jun 2011, 13:24 (Ref:2906845)   #65
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nurburgring Northen Loop?
Old 27 Jun 2011, 14:10 (Ref:2906858)   #66
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pretty i'll, but watching alonso claw up thefield with fferrari is very cool, he is earning his keep.
Old 27 Jun 2011, 14:15 (Ref:2906861)   #67
Lotusonpole
Veteran

United Kingdom
NW England
Lotusonpole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLotusonpole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After much teep dinx...an exceedingly generous 4.

After such a brilliant season so far, I now worry the rest of it is going to be a bit less so, after watching this siesta on wheels.

I hope normal service will be resumed come Silverstone.
Old 27 Jun 2011, 14:53 (Ref:2906866)   #68
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I gave it three (which is the majority verdict so far), but was thinking of a four to be fair. In the end, I went for three out of protest at F1 still using this circuit.

It was fine to have a bit of a dud race; it's inevitable. But Valencia is always boring, isn't it?

The fact the McLarens weren't challenging at all really took something away for me too.
Old 27 Jun 2011, 15:41 (Ref:2906885)   #69
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post

The fact the McLarens weren't challenging at all really took something away for me too.
Considering that it was supposed to be Red Bull's worst circuit, it does look a bit ominous going to what is considered to be Red Bull's best circuit.
Old 27 Jun 2011, 16:29 (Ref:2906900)   #70
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ok, I confess, I just watched the highlights............... and fell asleep.
Old 27 Jun 2011, 17:00 (Ref:2906915)   #71
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Ok, I confess, I just watched the highlights............... and fell asleep.
What highlights?
Old 27 Jun 2011, 18:18 (Ref:2906958)   #72
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
What highlights?
The podium ceremony...
Old 27 Jun 2011, 18:46 (Ref:2906977)   #73
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
The Rock concert afterwards was apparently quite good.

I still think opening the swing bridge at random times during the race could be the answer for next seasons race.
Old 27 Jun 2011, 18:46 (Ref:2906978)   #74
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
the worse race so far this year, another race like this and I won't bother watching it
Old 27 Jun 2011, 18:48 (Ref:2906982)   #75
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
the worse race so far this year, another race like this and I won't bother watching it
To be fair, it was up against some fairly stiff opposition. Sometimes you have to experience the lows to appreciate the highs.