Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 Jun 2011, 01:48 (Ref:2906075)   #1
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Formula 1 Records and Stats

I thought we may start to build up a thread with references to and comments on F1 records

Great site for driver records and quick reference

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...driver_records

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...rs.27_Champion

GP Encyclopaedia

http://www.grandprix.com/gpe/encyclopedia.html

Last edited by wnut; 26 Jun 2011 at 01:59.
Old 26 Jun 2011, 02:00 (Ref:2906078)   #2
Louis Agilais
Racer

Louis Agilais is a back marker
Oh boy, what have you done this time, wnut?
Old 26 Jun 2011, 02:13 (Ref:2906079)   #3
Louis Agilais
Racer

Louis Agilais is a back marker
Quite interesting, the last link, Grand Prix Encyclopedia. I can see myself wasting there some time. Quite exhaustive, even the Sponsors are there.

Interesting to see (on the first link) Sebastien Vettel dominates almost all the youngest driver to ... records
Old 26 Jun 2011, 04:06 (Ref:2906097)   #4
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Vettel gets to look a bit frightening when you see how far he has come already.

Hope you enjoy the browsing Louis
Old 26 Jun 2011, 15:42 (Ref:2906386)   #5
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Vettel has surely put himself on the most consecutive pole positions list by now? He must have done more than Senna's 8? 9, he has done by my reckoning!

This season he could even break Mansell's 14 pole positions record! The most wins in a season looks likely as well!

I reckon he could conceivably take both Senna and Schumi's pole position records in a couple of seasons! Lets not even get on to race wins.

It looks likely he is going to make his way into the record books pretty soon as the youngest ever double world champion. He is so young and so good. Must be depressing to both Alonso and Hamilton, especially.

Last edited by stripedcat; 26 Jun 2011 at 15:49.
Old 26 Jun 2011, 15:50 (Ref:2906395)   #6
ujoint
Racer

United States
usa, virginia
ujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am not getting anything done now, wait till I get into this stuff. Thanks.
Old 26 Jun 2011, 21:01 (Ref:2906543)   #7
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stripedcat View Post
Vettel has surely put himself on the most consecutive pole positions list by now? He must have done more than Senna's 8? 9, he has done by my reckoning!
I don't think so.
He missed pole in Barcelona (the 5the race of this season) - that one went to Webber.
Old 26 Jun 2011, 21:03 (Ref:2906544)   #8
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Narain Karthikeyan made history today, he became the first driver ever to finish 24th in a Grand Prix.
Old 26 Jun 2011, 21:06 (Ref:2906546)   #9
GolddustMini
Veteran

GolddustMini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign14 View Post
Narain Karthikeyan made history today, he became the first driver ever to finish 24th in a Grand Prix.
not a record to be proud of, but hey, atleast that statistic isnt held by someone who was being paid to be in formula one
Old 26 Jun 2011, 23:58 (Ref:2906608)   #10
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign14 View Post
He is also the only driver on the grid who has never qualified within 107% of the pole time! (Not Q1 but Pole)
Old 27 Jun 2011, 00:27 (Ref:2906612)   #11
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
I don't think so.
He missed pole in Barcelona (the 5the race of this season) - that one went to Webber.
Whoops. My mistake. Although at this rate it seems that it won't be long before he takes that particular record.
Old 27 Jun 2011, 00:28 (Ref:2906613)   #12
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
perhaps true, but lets not forget his impressive points haul at Indy 2005. that alone more that makes up for this year.
Old 27 Jun 2011, 06:33 (Ref:2906652)   #13
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
He is also the only driver on the grid who has never qualified within 107% of the pole time! (Not Q1 but Pole)
He must have done in 2005...
Old 27 Jun 2011, 12:06 (Ref:2906796)   #14
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
TGF records are impressive...
Old 27 Jun 2011, 12:09 (Ref:2906799)   #15
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
TGF records are impressive...
He's still adding to them.....well, race start stats at any rate.
Old 27 Jun 2011, 13:13 (Ref:2906836)   #16
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, not that he's going to surpass Rubens, but at least he's trying.