Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Jul 2011, 15:08 (Ref:2923698)   #26
phoenix
Veteran

European Union
phoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridphoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
No. Whether intentionally or unintentionally (but the former is most likely), the wing is separating from its support.

http://www.twitvid.com/NLDQ1

And McLaren have made suitable modifications to their front wing.
I've watched the video several times. I wasn't suggesting you were speculating about there being some trivial movement - but you are speculating that a hinge system is involved.
Old 8 Jul 2011, 15:16 (Ref:2923701)   #27
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
I've watched the video several times. I wasn't suggesting you were speculating about there being some trivial movement - but you are speculating that a hinge is involved.
It wouldn't take too much to argue that McLaren's front wing was hinged at its leading edge, whether that be by accident or design. It was certainly something they were counting on would happen.
Old 8 Jul 2011, 19:16 (Ref:2923819)   #28
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Having looked at the video: http://www.twitvid.com/NLDQ1 It's fairly obvious that there is something not 'rigidly' mounted.
Wow. What a fantastic video. Video the telly and then post it online. No better way of doing that!

Anyway, dropping the childish sarcasm, what am I meant to see?

Back to childish sarcasm. Am I looking at the end of F1?
Old 8 Jul 2011, 19:58 (Ref:2923876)   #29
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post

Anyway, dropping the childish sarcasm, what am I meant to see?
For those of us with TVs , the rear of the wing (bottom right corner of vid) separating from its mount.

I don't think that it's the end of F1, Bernie still looks quite healthy.

Back to whatever it is you want F1 to be.
Old 8 Jul 2011, 20:32 (Ref:2923915)   #30
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ah, I see it now. Thank you.
Old 8 Jul 2011, 20:58 (Ref:2923939)   #31
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Lynch any team trying to flex their wings, but not dead bull? Ban off throttle diffusers which HRT complained about months ago, but still allow FIFTY PERCENT for dead bull? I can see clearly that the FIA favors Mighty Mac. What kinda joke is this?
Old 8 Jul 2011, 21:09 (Ref:2923946)   #32
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
This only adds to the joke. Let it go.

Last edited by Adam43; 9 Jul 2011 at 10:02.
Old 9 Jul 2011, 04:02 (Ref:2924015)   #33
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Lynch any team trying to flex their wings, but not dead bull? Ban off throttle diffusers which HRT complained about months ago, but still allow FIFTY PERCENT for dead bull? I can see clearly that the FIA favors Mighty Mac. What kinda joke is this?
Let's analyse this post.

RBR were accused of running flexible wings, they passed the tests.
The test loads were doubled, they still passed.
Blown diffusers have been run since 1983, the FIA scrutineers were aware of what was happening, and then suddenly change the regs in the middle of the season, with the intention of disadvantaging RBR who they believe are running blown diffusers andappear to have the most advanced diffuser on the grid.

McLaren run a totally illegal hinged and sprung wing mount, there is clear video evidence of the transgression, and they are just warned that it is not acceptable, no penalty.
There is no defence here at all, it is a movable wing, and it is just totally illegal.