Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 Jul 2014, 15:19 (Ref:3439341)   #76
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Nice to see drivers making their own decisions. Not just Hamilton ignoring orders, but also when he decided to stay out for two more laps on his tyres or Vettel deciding to keep the tyres to the end. More please.
Old 28 Jul 2014, 15:50 (Ref:3439356)   #77
bravo
Racer

England
North East England
bravo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If starting from the pit lane, are drivers allowed to do the usual pre-grid sighting laps. It seems they're not allowed to take the green-flag lap. In variable conditions does this add an additional disadvantage to starting from the pits, that the driver won't have chance to see the track conditions before taking them at race pace?
Old 28 Jul 2014, 15:52 (Ref:3439358)   #78
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For sure. It also means they cannot warm up the tires or the brakes. It's part of why Hamilton crashed on the first lap.
Old 28 Jul 2014, 21:25 (Ref:3439460)   #79
aki13
Racer

aki13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkG View Post
One thing about the Hungary GP that got me thinking, was that the shorter DRS zone(s) made for better racing. The DRS assisted a bit, but it wasn't such that a driver just breezes past another sitting-duck driver such as at other tracks.

With the lesser downforce this year helping the racing, maybe adjusting DRS zones at all tracks would also help. Keeping lower levels of downforce is the key though.
I hate DRS personally and would still like to remove it or at least give drivers the power of unlimited use.

However if it must stay then I agree with you, it needs shorter zones so there is still some skilful braking moves rather than breezing past on a straight.
Old 31 Jul 2014, 18:44 (Ref:3440517)   #80
JacobP
Racer

JacobP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it's clear that Vettel is handicapped without Red Bull's blown diffuser. It's sad to watch him race like that. Where can I sign a petition to give Vettel the diffuser?
Old 1 Aug 2014, 22:33 (Ref:3440862)   #81
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobP View Post
I think it's clear that Vettel is handicapped without Red Bull's blown diffuser. It's sad to watch him race like that. Where can I sign a petition to give Vettel the diffuser?
PM 321GO and he will organise a petition for you to sign.
Old 1 Aug 2014, 23:59 (Ref:3440875)   #82
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Ricciardo sure isn't.
Old 2 Aug 2014, 10:36 (Ref:3440956)   #83
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well.. I phoned Charlie and spoke to him about this. Good news. He has agreed to let Vettel race with a blown diffuser from the Belgium GP onwards if the fanboi's sign HERE. Charlie only needs 100 signatures before the start of FP1 for the next round. Should be easy for such a popular champion.

Get on it peoples!!
Old 2 Aug 2014, 13:33 (Ref:3440982)   #84
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
PM 321GO and he will organise a petition for you to sign.
and he did.........